Type 2 diabetes

FrontMan

I am a healthy adult.32

no smoking or drinking habits.. I think Covid triggered something .. I have type  2 diabetes now.. all of you who had covid .. just for safe side get your blood tested for everything..

no family history of type 1 or type 2 in my family.. my grand father had in his late stages of life:.. he lived up to 86 with just medication.. no one else in family

8 minutes ago, FrontMan said:

I am a healthy adult.32

no smoking or drinking habits.. I think Covid triggered something .. I have type 1 diabetes now.. all of you who had covid .. just for safe side get your blood tested for everything..

no family history of type 1 or type 2 in my family.. my grand father had in his late stages of life:.. he lived up to 86 with just medication.. no one else in family

How were you diagnosed?

What's your Hba1c?

What's your fasting blood glucose?

What is your insulin requirement?

What's your BMI?

Most of the times we develop - metabolic syndrome - Over eating [More than what our body needs], sedentary life style, lack of physical activity , stress, and ofcourse genetics play a role..

In metabolic syndrome:

Our body develop Insulin resistance

Slight decrease in Insulin production

Type 2 DM - mostly metabolic syndrome kind of scenario Onset mid 30s to any age

Type 1 DM- Primary issue is lack of Insulin production in pancreas. We need to supplement from outside. Onset very young age to teenage years..

• Upvote 1

In conclusion, we suggest that in the post-acute phase of the disease, people with COVID-19 exhibit increased risk and burden of diabetes, and antihyperglycaemic use. The risks and burdens were evident among those who were non-hospitalised during the acute phase of the infection and increased according to the severity of the acute infection as proxied by the care setting (non-hospitalised, hospitalised, and admitted to intensive care). Taken together, current evidence suggests that diabetes is a facet of the multifaceted long COVID syndrome and that post-acute care strategies of people with COVID-19 should include identification and management of diabetes.
  • Sad 1

These things might help in your case:

1. Walk 3-4 miles every day this spring and summer.

2.Cut down carbs significantly.

3.Avoid refined sugars.

4. Eat small frequent meals than heavy meals. 

5. Snack between meals with your favorite nuts[ Peanuts or almonds etc]

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, siva604 said:

If you are not using Insulin it is Type 2 DM. 

I just got the reports.. my bmi is on edge of overweight because of staying home in winter 

10 minutes ago, FrontMan said:

I just got the reports.. my bmi is on edge of overweight because of staying home in winter 

Got it. Your primary care guy might try to put you on metformin or something. As you are young and motivated you could tell him you will try to reverse it with lifestyle modifications.. 

I am a neurologist and few of my patients were able to drop 2 points of Hba1c with diet and weight loss. It is not unreasonable to hook up with a dietician back in India who could chalk out a diet plan for you. They charge meager 4000 rs per month and will be in touch with you. GL

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, siva604 said:

Got it. Your primary care guy might try to put you on metformin or something. As you are young and motivated you could tell him you will try to reverse it with lifestyle modifications.. 

I am a neurologist and few of my patients were able to drop 2 points of Hba1c with diet and weight loss. It is not unreasonable to hook up with a dietician back in India who could chalk out a diet plan for you. They charge meager 4000 rs per month and will be in touch with you. GL

Thank you sir.. is it because of Covid .. no clue how can I be so high blood sugar without diet 304 mg