How to teach wife driving who is very slow in learning

abulu

Wife is taking forever sessions to learn the driving . she have zero experience not even two wheeler.

1) Hire the trainer and spent 10 sessions and wasted money 

2) Teaching driving, still when pulling car out o parking lot, she cofused to wheel left or right. 

3) Sudden breaking 

Kids are going to shcool and need  a drop, I need to go to work and unable to handle. 

Uber costing one sid 40$ makes life expensive 80$ a day. North na kodukulu neighbours vallu vallu friends not helping much. Telugu family kids in diff time zones.

Cant change apartment easily, how do you guys over come this women driving & learning. 

Most fighting on desi families happen in the beginning when wife learns driving , know some instances wife left tge car in middle of busy road and walked out sahajam ilanti stress

Koncham kaali roads Kelli nedipinchu spend time motivate her, desi trainers koduga cheap ga untaru some are slow to adapt to driving stress

Apudu kuda confuse avutundi, she is getting stressed take it easy don't push  her too much take it easy konni rojulu pay chesthe ovaru aina drop chestaru desi like $7 dollar trip 

19 minutes ago, abulu said:

Wife is taking forever sessions to learn the driving . she have zero experience not even two wheeler.

2) Teaching driving, still when pulling car out o parking lot, she cofused to wheel left or right. 

3) Sudden breaking 

Kids are going to shcool and need  a drop, I need to go to work and unable to handle. 

Uber costing one sid 40$ makes life expensive 80$ a day. North na kodukulu neighbours vallu vallu friends not helping much. Telugu family kids in diff time zones.

Cant change apartment easily, how do you guys over come this women driving & learning. 

Drop your kids, make time for them, thellollu simply say in the evening that they need to bring the kids, so say the same whats so big deal? 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, abulu said:

3) Sudden breaking 

Bhayya neeku enni kastalu life lo. Pagodiki kuda ravoddu ayya ee kastalu. 

Pillalu vunnaru jagratta ame nadapaniyyaku nuvu elago ala dimpi pick sesko or bus leda?

45 minutes ago, abulu said:

3) Sudden breaking 

@vamprie 

42 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Let her drive when you go out for groceries and other stuff.. it comes by practice and many women have more fear than you think.. they think too far ahead, like what if an accident happens or what if she hits someone.. 

Night time less traffic unna time lo kids ni back seat lo petti drives ki vellandi… an hour a day.. 

WOMEN ARE NOT SAFE DRIVERS. saaana jagrathaga undali..

28 minutes ago, Gorantlamdhav said:

Bhayya neeku enni kastalu life lo. Pagodiki kuda ravoddu ayya ee kastalu. 

Pillalu vunnaru jagratta ame nadapaniyyaku nuvu elago ala dimpi pick sesko or bus leda?

Nijam anukunevu. Abbulu id

6 hours ago, yoda123 said:

ok ..

this is how I taught driving to my wife ... these r ideas i followed ...

FIRST BUY A SMALL HAND HELP MIRROR ... n PUT IN THE GLOVE BOX ... when u r teaching her ...  use this mirror to gauge the traffic around the car ... such that we will be little comfortable ... n we dont displace it on to wifey ...

make sure u both r able to see the same car that u guys r talking about ... she see the same car in rear view mirror ... n u will see the same car in your hand held mirror !!

1. steering control  confidence :

I took my wife to an empty parking lot ... made her to drive in rounds n rounds ... may be 15-20 rounds a day ... 4-5 days a week .... for 3 weeks ... while she is doing rounds ... i made her to gain confidence on steering ... asking her to stop suddenly ... such that the student will know how long will it take for the break to apply pressure ... n how long distance it will take ... then made her to make "8" s ... on the parking lot  with the light posts ... she drive around a light post then drive take a turn ... the another turn around another pole ... 

this steps makes them to get confidence with steering control

2. then find empty road with lot of stop signs ... ask her to drive on the road again n again for 10 -12 rounds a day ... 3-4 times a week .. this goes for 2 weeks ...

3. now take her to a road with some amount of traffic ... ask her todrive only on right side of road ... now she will be able to drive, do stop sign, then take a right ... again repeat ... repeat.. repeat ...

after 2 weeks ...

4. ask her to change lane .... n repeat for 10-12 round s a day ... 4 times a week ... for 3 weeks ...

at this stage they should be comfortable driving on the road ... with lane change n hitting s a maximun speed of 40 mph ...

now go for driving license ...

once she gets driving license ... make her to drive alone ...

here they will find immense confidence ...

5. after driving on local roads for 3-4 motnhs ....

6. then take on to highway ... again driving only on right most lane ... first exit .... then again enter highway ... then first exit ... again enter highway ... again 10-12 rounds ... 4 times a week ... 2-3 weeks ...

then now lane change ...

7. after driving like this ...

then highway INTERCHANGE !!!

this is how I taught my wife ... took 6-8 months !!! for her to drive confidently on LA highways

Thank you so much brother, ne lanti valla valle kanisam e forum lo post ayina cheyalanipisthadu, out of 10 atleast 1 useful reply, will defintely implement some of them, how long over all it took to get confidence and drive on her own?

7 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Let her drive when you go out for groceries and other stuff.. it comes by practice and many women have more fear than you think.. they think too far ahead, like what if an accident happens or what if she hits someone.. 

Night time less traffic unna time lo kids ni back seat lo petti drives ki vellandi… an hour a day.. 

Yes bro doing same, 

First making sure to drive same location so she will be comfortable do so. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, abulu said:

Yes bro doing same, 

First making sure to drive same location so she will be comfortable do so. 

Remember that you also took months to become perfect at it… they will take longer as it doesn’t come naturally to many of them (especially she never drove a car or a bike before)… my wife used to have bad dreams about her involved in some accident.. now she drives faster than me 😄