Junk food in Temples

krishnaaa

Temples are supposed to be a sacred place.

Never understood why Prasad is made from artificial sugars....which acts like a drug and then given to children.

Blind uneducated bhakts do the same.

As if this nonsense wasn't enough, they started distributing Oreos and snickers to kids the other day I went.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

Never understood why Prasad is made from artificial sugars....which acts like a drug and then given to children.

As if this nonsense wasn't enough, they started distributing Oreos and snickers to kids the other day I went.

Which temple?

5 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

Artificial sugars? which ones are they using? It could be that most temples get prasadam also donated by people. So these candy and prasadam must be donated by someone which they are distributing. 

5 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

https://www.thenewsminute.com/amp/story/kerala/munch-murugan-300-year-old-god-who-developed-taste-chocolates-6-years-ago-30242

Thoughts on this.

3 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Artificial sugars? which ones are they using? It could be that most temples get prasadam also donated by people. So these candy and prasadam must be donated by someone which they are distributing. 

The sweet and laddos are made from refined sugar.

I would expect them to be made from jaggery or honey.

Prasad shouldn't be poison

5 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

prasadam should be eaten as prasadam. appudu parledemo. 

kumbhalu kumbhalu tinte anything is poison 

Agreed Prasadam prasadam la thinali sadam la kadu

Op gadu OA uncle anukunta outside matter takuva rules ekkuva 

15 minutes ago, alpachinao said:

Agreed Prasadam prasadam la thinali sadam la kadu

Op gadu OA uncle anukunta outside matter takuva rules ekkuva 

Even then....small amount of sugar acts as a drug and has after effects for 2 weeks atleast.

You need to research how artificial sugars impact your brain.

There is a reason why ancient practices had healthy prasadam starting from tulsi water since it would be given to the masses.

Cumulative effect can make or break a community.

Any religion that has prasadam made from artificial sugars leads to more sweet shops/ice cream shops near residential areas. The compounding effect is just too much.

2 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

The sweet and laddos are made from refined sugar.

I would expect them to be made from jaggery or honey.

Prasad shouldn't be poison

Traditionally temples use sugar and Patiki bellam and in very rare cases Bellam to make prasadam. Never heard of honey being used. They use jaggery only in payasam or pala talikalu or a few other sweets. Otherwise sugar has been staple.