Teaching kids Telugu

vkk

For folks with kids, do your children speak Telugu? My 6 year old understands Telugu but not able to speak it. Are there any online services you can recommend that we can use?

25 minutes ago, vkk said:

For folks with kids, do your children speak Telugu? My 6 year old understands Telugu but not able to speak it. Are there any online services you can recommend that we can use?

Try mana badi program 

for me grand parents helped a lot… vallaki english raadu so ala kalisi vachindi 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vkk said:

10 minutes ago, vkk said:

Thanks for the note. Unfortunately in my case parents cant travel here. I will research mana badi.

Nee above statements lo Telugu ekkada ledu, So 1st intlo Kid tho telugu lo matladutu undu...

Tarvatha Telugu badi ki paminchochu.

52 minutes ago, vkk said:

Naa buddas still chinna buddas but Naanna ni yedho antaru still figure out cheyalekunna yemantunnaro. Let see yemanna vasthadha leka atu itu kaakunda pothara ani. 

India nunchi work chey school holidays time lo.. kids ki indian culture alavatu avuthundhi plus telugu baaga vasthundhi ..

employer india nunchi kudaradhu ante ,10gey manu.. covid time lo evadu ekkada nunchi work chesthunado evadiki telidhu .. 

5 hours ago, vkk said:

Force them to learn now. My kids understand but never speak telugu.

I have seen a couple of families whose kids speak telugu better than people in AP/Telangana (Not the Telglish that kids talk here). Looks like they force to talk only in telugu at home. 

• Like 1

mine speaks good telugu....intlo we hardly speak Eng + covid time lo grand parents were here for an yr + ade time lo India lo couple months unnamu  and we frequently travel to India...so all this helped. 

21 hours ago, sarfaroshi2 said:

Nee above statements lo Telugu ekkada ledu, So 1st intlo Kid tho telugu lo matladutu undu...

Tarvatha Telugu badi ki paminchochu.

Good catch. We are speaking in Telugu with both of our kids. If myself or my spouse deviate the other person  reminds to speak in Telugu.

21 hours ago, Salaar said:

Kudurithe few months india pampinchu brother 

I am going to try for that bro in the near future. Don't know if job will allow but i will try

Edited by vkk

18 hours ago, iTeachSAP said:

India nunchi work chey school holidays time lo.. kids ki indian culture alavatu avuthundhi plus telugu baaga vasthundhi ..

employer india nunchi kudaradhu ante ,10gey manu.. covid time lo evadu ekkada nunchi work chesthunado evadiki telidhu .. 

What are you saying is right. I work for a quasi federal establishment, so working from India is a big hassle. Kani chance dorikite will try for sure.

16 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Force them to learn now. My kids understand but never speak telugu.

I have seen a couple of families whose kids speak telugu better than people in AP/Telangana (Not the Telglish that kids talk here). Looks like they force to talk only in telugu at home. 

Yeah i have seen a few kids like that myself, excellent telugu speakers. 

6 hours ago, no01 said:

mine speaks good telugu....intlo we hardly speak Eng + covid time lo grand parents were here for an yr + ade time lo India lo couple months unnamu  and we frequently travel to India...so all this helped. 

Excellent. We spoke with our kid in English before we put her in day care with the thought it will help her. We did a course correction and moved to Telugu later. Have started visiting India every year, so hopefully that will help.

I tried putting some Telugug rhymes in youtube for the kids, but to be honest i myself dont understand those. My next step is to try for Mana Badi here and see how it goes.

25 minutes ago, vkk said:

Yeah i have seen a few kids like that myself, excellent telugu speakers. 

22 minutes ago, vkk said:

Excellent. We spoke with our kid in English before we put her in day care with the thought it will help her. We did a course correction and moved to Telugu later. Have started visiting India every year, so hopefully that will help.

I tried putting some Telugug rhymes in youtube for the kids, but to be honest i myself dont understand those. My next step is to try for Mana Badi here and see how it goes.

Going to India helps a lot. Having grand parents also helps them to talk in Telugu. Set these rules at home. Do not talk in English. A lot of us try to make it easy for kids thinking, kids are finding it tough to speak in Telugu/English. Often times you will hear them say they are getting confused and talking in Telugu in schools. Do not fall for it. (We fell for it). Eventually they will learn both and know where to talk in English and Telugu.