Are you fine if a stranger blows cigarette smoke on your kid's face?

krishnaaa

3 hours ago, Peddayana said:

look up the Lithium mining they do for EV cars

Lookup the original gasoline vehicles. How polluting they were and used to break down every couple miles.

EVs have just started. They are better than gasoline right now and they will keep on improving.

Compositions will keep getting cleaner.

5 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

Open your mind for this discussion.

Why do we drive gasoline vehicles that do the same?

I know it sounds extreme because what the title suggests is not socially acceptable but driving gasoline vehicles is a norm.

If you remove the social acceptance aspect, both have the same effect. Don't you think so?

Gasoline, i'd go to the extent and say even diesel engines are most eco friendly engines around. 

Electric or whatever that you tout them to be are most environmentally polluting technology.

1. Diesel engines are still being used to extract Lithium, Cobalt used in EVs.

2. Mining them is far more polluting. What's more it also indulges child labour.

3. Countries around the world still use coal as ana efficient source of energy. If your electric grid is connected to Coal generated ones, is it not more polluting?

4. Heavy metal pollution. What happens to all the batteries later? Recycling them is not still in the scalable and efficient model. 

7 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

I know it sounds extreme because what the title suggests is not socially acceptable but driving gasoline vehicles is a norm.

If you remove the social acceptance aspect, both have the same effect. Don't you think so?

EV propaganda ku baaga excitement feel avuthunnav anipisthundhi brou.

8 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

EVs are not clean either with the mining, rare metal extraction, child labor use (few countries where the minerals are available..)...and the methods of producing electricity..etc... dont consider the sonal panels as reliable option...with winter, clouds,  rains..etc

fuel cell technology needs more research and safety...

only cleanest option is bicycle, horse cart, bull cart..etc

• Upvote 1

Just now, dasari4kntr said:

ee thread choosi..first gurthochhindhi nuvve... nee comment kosam choosa...lol

hahaha. 

You pretty much summed it up everything in your post brou, thank you  _-_

3 hours ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

EV propaganda ku baaga excitement feel avuthunnav anipisthundhi brou.

It is still much cleaner than gasoline. Thats where the distinction lies.

Most of the negative propaganda is funded by Big Oil. They have been doing it for decades.

5 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

Gasoline, i'd go to the extent and say even diesel engines are most eco friendly engines around. 

Electric or whatever that you tout them to be are most environmentally polluting technology.

1. Diesel engines are still being used to extract Lithium, Cobalt used in EVs.

2. Mining them is far more polluting. What's more it also indulges child labour.

3. Countries around the world still use coal as ana efficient source of energy. If your electric grid is connected to Coal generated ones, is it not more polluting?

4. Heavy metal pollution. What happens to all the batteries later? Recycling them is not still in the scalable and efficient model. 

A simple google search would tell you that share of renewable sources of electricity has increased from 20% to 30% from 2010 to 2022. It would soon cross 50%.

Don't get sucked into all the brainwashing by Big Oil. EVs are cleaner than gasoline period.

And then there will be another quantum leap with Solid State Batteries.

1 hour ago, krishnaaa said:

A simple google search would tell you that share of renewable sources of electricity has increased from 20% to 30% from 2010 to 2022. It would soon cross 50%.

*Don't get sucked into all the brainwashing by Big Oil. EVs are cleaner than gasoline period.

And then there will be another quantum leap with Solid State Batteries.

That simple Google search I'm afraid is what led you to misleading numbers accounting for a confirmatory bias. Now try searching contribution of coal to total electricity in India and China. It's not going change anytime soon. 

*Or rather I suggest you not to get sucked into EV Tribe (?) as you conveniently choose to ignore the facts.

6 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

That simple Google search I'm afraid is what led you to misleading numbers accounting for a confirmatory bias. Now try searching contribution of coal to total electricity in India and China. It's not going change anytime soon. 

*Or rather I suggest you not to get sucked into EV Tribe (?) as you conveniently choose to ignore the facts.

India and China coal consumption is rising. But do check in terms of percentages.

Also with EVs , you have the option of going for rooftop solar.  

I have solar installed which produce more electricity than we consume in India. Govt is providing very good subsidy. Its a no brainer.

As of June 12, 2023, coal accounted for 49.3% of India's installed electricity capacity in the utility sector, which is the largest source of power generation in the country. However, in the first quarter of 2024, coal's share of India's power generation capacity dropped below 50% for the first time since the 1960s. This decline is due in part to a global trend, with demand for coal in G7 countries reaching record lows in 2023. India's target of generating 50% of its power from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030 is also a factor. 

Wikipedia

Electricity sector in India - Wikipedia
Installed capacity by source in the utility sector as on 12 June 2023. Coal: 205,235 MW (4...

Ministry of Coal, Government of India

"

13 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

rey 

1 hour ago, krishnaaa said:

India and China coal consumption is rising. But do check in terms of percentages.

Also with EVs , you have the option of going for rooftop solar.  

I have solar installed which produce more electricity than we consume in India. Govt is providing very good subsidy. Its a no brainer.

As of June 12, 2023, coal accounted for 49.3% of India's installed electricity capacity in the utility sector, which is the largest source of power generation in the country. However, in the first quarter of 2024, coal's share of India's power generation capacity dropped below 50% for the first time since the 1960s. This decline is due in part to a global trend, with demand for coal in G7 countries reaching record lows in 2023. India's target of generating 50% of its power from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030 is also a factor. 

Wikipedia

Electricity sector in India - Wikipedia
Installed capacity by source in the utility sector as on 12 June 2023. Coal: 205,235 MW (4...

Ministry of Coal, Government of India

"

Roof top solar aa ? Ivanni endhuku Kani yedla bandi lo tirigithe better kadha? Sustainable , eco friendly pedal ethukuni peratlo vesukovachu kadha.