Home Owners oka doubt pls suggest

BejawadaChow

NC lo 2 years back singlefamily house tesukuna, 1st time buyer mistake anukondi sun/moon room extension next to kitchen miss aya.

later everyone in community got the extension, now regretting why i did not take it.

everyday intlo kuda okate nasa, andariki sun room undi manake ledu ani, now i wanted to get extension as well.

Heloc lo loan tesukoni chepiste better aa..? home structure ki emaina problem aitunda..?

re-sale lo house value kuda perugutundi kada.

pls provide your suggestions bro.

why HE-LOC? HE-LOC rate is upto 9%. BOA offers first 6 months at Fed rate but after that Fed rate + 3.5% margin. 

Go with Permits. yes it can improve home value. 

Any addition to the home is an appreciation.

But construction costs bane perigayyi kada, check assalu yenta avutundo sunroom add cheyyataniki 

NC lo worth .. we did it .. but Heloc rates ippudu 9% undi .. size entha ? 3 season room or 4 season room ? Price chala teda untadi.. we ca use it almost 8 months, if it is 3 season room .. 3 season room will not be added to your sqft, no property tax increase, but will add a little value to house.

4 season room aithe price ekkuva, but can we used all 12 months just like any other room .. this will be added to your sqft of your house and will add more value .. insurance kuda pergutadi konchem.. this will come with insulation etc etc anduke ekkuva aitadi.. 

naku ardam kadu okati..mana desilu emanna ante resale value antaru

are you planning on selling this house very soon? if not what is the point of thinking about resale value?

if you can afford the HELOC payments and want to enjoy the sunroom just go for it. Please don't think about resale value always

20 minutes ago, gudboy said:

are you planning on selling this house very soon? if not what is the point of thinking about resale value?

if you can afford the HELOC payments and want to enjoy the sunroom just go for it. Please don't think about resale value always

yeah I’ve seen this too, most don’t enjoy what they have and always worry about future resale, be it cars or houses. OP wants to do it not because he wants it, andaru cheskunnaru nenu kuda cheyyali 

2 hours ago, gudboy said:

2 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

yeah I’ve seen this too, most don’t enjoy what they have and always worry about future resale, be it cars or houses. OP wants to do it not because he wants it, andaru cheskunnaru nenu kuda cheyyali 

shubaamnaaa illu kontunnappudu or car kontunnnappudu ammme phase lo alochinkandi .. mana vaalu chaala chesthaaru... exp honda toyota cars.. I agree resale unitndhi but resale time lo market value entha unte anthe... honda kadha toyota kadha ni evvadu ekkuva ivvadu on top of current value

structural issues emi raavu. 
Confirm with HOA. 

Do permits and all, do legal way. 

You can take HELOC but rates are very high now. So does not make sense. 

Loan teesukuni addons cheyinchadam financially not the right step. Intlo nasa, ladies gola avanni ante nuvve answer cheyyagalavu. 

sunroom adds value to any home. So go for it...first apply for permit with your HOA and then with city (I think) and go with insured construction company. Evado cheap lo chesthunnadu ani vellaku...this is not a small modification, this is exterior one and if anything bad happens...you will be screwed. As many DB members said, long term lo this will add value to your home so ippudu nuvvu entha pettina sare, you will get returns later on. So go with insured company and enjoy that sun room.

Just now, no01 said:

sunroom adds value to any home. So go for it...first apply for permit with your HOA and then with city (I think) and go with insured construction company. Evado cheap lo chesthunnadu ani vellaku...this is not a small modification, this is exterior one and if anything bad happens...you will be screwed. As many DB members said, long term lo this will add value to your home so ippudu nuvvu entha pettina sare, you will get returns later on. So go with insured company and enjoy that sun room.

also sunroom usage baane untadi le....its not like additional bedroom in 2nd floor where you may or may not use much....this is in 1st floor and lot of ppl use it throughout the year....windows ekkuva unde laaga construct chesuko and plants pettuko, you will feel nice when sipping tea/coffee or eating snacks/breakfast in this room 

4 hours ago, BejawadaChow said:

NC lo 2 years back singlefamily house tesukuna, 1st time buyer mistake anukondi sun/moon room extension next to kitchen miss aya.

later everyone in community got the extension, now regretting why i did not take it.

everyday intlo kuda okate nasa, andariki sun room undi manake ledu ani, now i wanted to get extension as well.

Heloc lo loan tesukoni chepiste better aa..? home structure ki emaina problem aitunda..?

re-sale lo house value kuda perugutundi kada.

pls provide your suggestions bro.

juice is not worth the squeeze.... tolerate the nasa.

show the estimate and then give an option of vacation with portion of that money or sunroom

4 hours ago, perugu_vada said:

1st and foremost ... before even thinking to do any extensions .. unna rooms and space are you using properly ? Becos most of the ppl complain that, those who got 2-storyed houses ,, they dont even go to 2nd floor 

peer pressure valla ... pakkana vaalla kosam ani cheyyi kaalchukokandi .. 

He or everyone beyond that stage. Gidi alochinchevadu ayite asalu thred undadu gaa. 

He already decided. So better suggest the options he's looking for.

• Haha 1