Career progression India vs USA

tables

11 minutes ago, tables said:

Experienced folks please chime in.

i am observing a trend lately where many in US are stuck in our careers, lot of folks even at 15 years exp are at senior software engineer level.

but back in India I see many with similar years of experience are at director/senior manager level. They are getting promoted every 2 years. 

did you observe the same?

In vomerica if you are not vocal and not visible no growth even if you work very hard and over deliver. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, tables said:

i am observing a trend lately where many in US are stuck in our careers, lot of folks even at 15 years exp are at senior software engineer level.

but back in India I see many with similar years of experience are at director/senior manager level. They are getting promoted every 2 years. 

Yes Bro , I’m also in similar boat . 

As H1 I’m sticking with technical roles . Is that my Thought process is right ? Can we go upper ladder on H1 also ? So how it can be  managed at uscis ?

1 hour ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

As H1 I’m sticking with technical roles . Is that my Thought process is right ? Can we go upper ladder on H1 also ? So how it can be  managed at uscis ?

Kuppalu kuppalu natural progression of career no issues ro uscis for example you are on developer your progression to engineering manager , dev director no issues , but going into pmo activities etc might raise red flagas ala chwsina valu kuda unaru

7 hours ago, psycontr said:

In vomerica if you are not vocal and not visible no growth even if you work very hard and over deliver. 

This is true for both India and US

2 hours ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

You can go into engineering leadership roles but problem is if you want to change the job it is tough to find them 

13 hours ago, tables said:

Mari Paisal sangathi Jeppu kaka.. USA la undetollu min 1L Rupees savings cheyyagalaru.. India la ayithey adi kuda ledu.. Expenses exponential ga perugutunnayi.. Most of them got into a circle... Weekdays work, weekends outing or visiting temples or visting relatives home for bongulo functions, if not then Kids education or taking them to classes or sports itta bongulo work tho busy...  Inka position director na mattalo personal life... 

US or India you have to market yourself for next level roles. Appreciate your team and others who work along side you and maintain good relations with everyone. 
Socialize with your management when opportunity arises and learn some generic topics to talk ( American sports , etc)
Do it nicely, does not mean you claim others work, or beat your trump all the time.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

US or India you have to market yourself for next level roles

you are right. but sometimes no matter what you do there is no growth.  job hopping is better alternative.  

7 hours ago, Joker_007 said:

Mari Paisal sangathi Jeppu kaka.. USA la undetollu min 1L Rupees savings cheyyagalaru.. India la ayithey adi kuda ledu.. Expenses exponential ga perugutunnayi.. Most of them got into a circle... Weekdays work, weekends outing or visiting temples or visting relatives home for bongulo functions, if not then Kids education or taking them to classes or sports itta bongulo work tho busy...  Inka position director na mattalo personal life... 

india lo 1L easy ga save chestaru.

people at that level are making 75L to 1 cr easily. 
yes, agree that there isn’t much to do on the weekends in India, especially Hyderabad. 

51 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

you are right. but sometimes no matter what you do there is no growth.  job hopping is better alternative.  

Agree. There is no one solution. If Plan A does not work, go for Plan B and Plan C. However it’s also important to self evaluate one’s capabilities. That’s where some people go wrong.

13 minutes ago, tables said:

india lo 1L easy ga save chestaru.

people at that level are making 75L to 1 cr easily. 
yes, agree that there isn’t much to do on the weekends in India, especially Hyderabad. 

Most people are in malls.
However there are lots of hiker and biker groups, both singles and couples. It’s exciting if you join one of those and go around the places nearby. You will be surprised how many excellent places are near by hyd with in 4-5 hours distance. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Variety_Pullayya said:

many dont want to get into management roles. 

Visa issues vasthai antaga mgmt role convert ayithey RFE ekkuva ask for more documentation