Amazon Prime Day 2024 sales hit record $14.2 billion

JANASENA

Amazon’s Prime Day event clocked record sales this year, as U.S. consumers spent $14.2 billion across July 16 and 17, according to Adobe Analytics. This marks an 11% jump from last year’s $12.7 billion total.

Buyers spent $7.2 billion on day one of the 2024 online event, up 11.2% from a year prior. Adobe Analytics said day two says increased 10.4% year-over-year, hitting $7 billion. While Amazon didn’t release any of its own numbers, the company acknowledged record-breaking sales.

“Prime Day 2024 was a huge success thanks to the millions of Prime members globally who turned to Amazon for fantastic deals, and our much-appreciated employees, delivery partners, and sellers around the world who helped bring the event to life for customers,” Doug Herrington, CEO of Worldwide Amazon Stores, said in a release. 

Per Adobe’s report, shopping on phones went up by 18% this year, comprising 49.3% of the total number. Amazon says its Rufus AI assistant helped millions of customers with their shopping.

Analytics site Numerator noted that across two days, the average order value was $57.97. The average order sizes of the past two years’ Prime Day events were $56.64 and $53.14, respectively.

Adobe adds that electronics and furniture drove a lot of sales, with back-to-school shopping also clocking high growth.

“The electronics, apparel, and furniture categories make up nearly half of the e-commerce spend but have seen low single-digit growth in the first half of 2024,” said Vivek Pandya, lead analyst at Adobe Digital Insights.

“It’s clear now that the Prime Day event has been a catalyst across these major categories, with discounts deep enough for consumers to hit the buy button and upgrade items in their homes.” 

Adobe said that customers used “buy now pay later (BNPL)” for orders worth $1.08 billion, contributing to 7.6% of sales.

The report predicted that the total consumer spend for July will hit $84.4 billion, up 8.2% from 2023.

15 hours ago, Sreeven said:

Returns oka 10 billions vuntaya😀 hotbins vadiki pandage..anni returns texhukuni ammesukuntadu 

Return policy changed anta kada kaka. for some products replacement will be done by manufacturer only ani vinnanu.. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sreeven said:

Returns oka 10 billions vuntaya😀 hotbins vadiki pandage..anni returns texhukuni ammesukuntadu 

I was an Amazon seller, Amazon is not at all seller friendly. And the amount of taxes and selling fees they charge I don't think any other platforms do. lot of sellers loose their stufff in these returns and when the customer returns the item it will go to another warehouse where amazon sells all of them in pallets. loss to the seller

15 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

I was an Amazon seller, Amazon is not at all seller friendly. And the amount of taxes and selling fees they charge I don't think any other platforms do. lot of sellers loose their stuff in these returns and when the customer returns the item it will go to another warehouse where amazon sells all of them in pallets. loss to the seller

That's so Sad kaka.... 

17 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

I was an Amazon seller, Amazon is not at all seller friendly. And the amount of taxes and selling fees they charge I don't think any other platforms do. lot of sellers loose their stufff in these returns and when the customer returns the item it will go to another warehouse where amazon sells all of them in pallets. loss to the seller

stop selling in Amazon 

2 hours ago, JANASENA said:

Yes hotbins one of the company purchases returns

• Upvote 1