Own House కొనే వాళ్ళు Mold inspection మర్చిపోవద్దు

andhra_jp

Seen below post in SOSGlobal FB Group

Not sos: seeking help from this community. Please be kind with your responses as we are already very tensed. I recently bought a house and there were multiple serious issues uncovered after closing. For example incorrect fencing/boundary issue and mold in the house which was intentionally removed from the inspection report . I contacted multiple lawyers and I was told that I have no chances of winning since I waived inspection contingency. For the boundary issue(2000 sq feet or more difference)I was told that unless I can prove the seller knew about this before, I can't win the lawsuit. Filing lawsuit costs 25k-50k. The seller agent has denied that the seller knew about the boundary issue so my chances of winning are very less.

Both buyer and seller agents aren't taking any responsibilities and blaming me that I should have done the survey and my own inspection and that I shouldn't have waived the inspection contingency. It's very surprising because these same agents tell you to waive all contingencies if you want to get a house in this market. This is our first house and we were relying on the guidance from the agent and was expecting some honesty that the agent will not go to an extent of removing serious things like mold from the inspection report. Mold is a serious health concern and I don't know how people can do such things. The mold treatment is costing us 13k.

The only thing that we can do right now is to write a bad review about the seller agent which we did. The seller agent is so powerful that she contacted Google and removed our review.

Now she is threatening that she will hire a lawyer against us for harassment.
I also tried contacting the inspection agency about why they removed the mold issue from the report and if they confirmed that mold was removed before removing and they don't have any answer and they have stopped picking up my phone.
We are so disturbed and disgusted with this entire experience. How can these agents be so powerful?

They have zero accountability in the entire transaction and they are 100 percent protected. Let's not even go into their commission for the amount of work they do

If they have 0 accountability and if we need to do all our due diligence by doing a survey, checking the parcel viewer, reading each and every line of every document and doing our own inspection, do we really need a buyer agent? I really wish there was a way to iy house by skipping agents altogether.
What can I do right now? I feel completely helpless and feel that a fraud seller agent has won.

The best way to get at an agent of they are in the wrong is to report them to the local RE state chapters.

For mold - if they paid for the mold inspection specifically and the inspectors did not include that, you can go after the inspector's insurance as inappropriate representation but that takes enormous amount of effort to file a suit and added costs as well. 

• Upvote 2