Car accident - no insurance - friend borrowed my car

BabuDEVUDU

So I had Geico insurance for last 5 years, but they raised my insurance rate by 40% for no reason(no speeding tickets or accidents) at the end of the 6 month period. I did not proceed and was looking up for other alternatives. It's been 42 days since this happened. Now my friend borrowed my car and he dashed a car that was stopped at a red light. My car bumper fell apart and the car that got hit got a big dent under the trunk area. There are two people in that car (a white middle aged lady and a young lady probably in around 25ish age, her daughter I guess). She said she was fine to the cop, my friend said I got the ticket for not having insurance on my car and the cop left saying that we will receive bill or something (ma dosth gadiki sarigga ardham kaley cop vadiki em cheppadu anedi).
Now what usually would happen, like best case scenario and worst case scenario. I'm kicking myself for lending him my car. But trying to focus on what's next for me and him. This is the first time neither him or my car (or me) ever involved in an accident. Please provide your valuable suggestions on what should we do, what could be the impact on me and what could be the impact on him. The cop said that the liability will be on me as I'm the one the car got registered on it seems. Just when I thought that things are starting to go smoothly this happened. Please help bhayya

na daridram chusthunte nakey navvosthundi, 5 years, I was paying full insurance payment and all I ever used my insurance was for Towing couple of times when my car broke and once when I needed jump start. And the only time I never had insurance, this happened. no words. Adi kuda nenu cheyani accident ki

8 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

na daridram chusthunte nakey navvosthundi, 5 years, I was paying full insurance payment and all I ever used my insurance was for Towing couple of times when my car broke and once when I needed jump start. And the only time I never had insurance, this happened. no words. Adi kuda nenu cheyani accident ki

Unfortunately you are liable to pay and having a lapse would also increase ur premium for no reason. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

So I had Geico insurance for last 5 years, but they raised my insurance rate by 40% for no reason(no speeding tickets or accidents) at the end of the 6 month period. I did not proceed and was looking up for other alternatives. It's been 42 days since this happened. Now my friend borrowed my car and he dashed a car that was stopped at a red light. My car bumper fell apart and the car that got hit got a big dent under the trunk area. There are two people in that car (a white middle aged lady and a young lady probably in around 25ish age, her daughter I guess). She said she was fine to the cop, my friend said I got the ticket for not having insurance on my car and the cop left saying that we will receive bill or something (ma dosth gadiki sarigga ardham kaley cop vadiki em cheppadu anedi).
Now what usually would happen, like best case scenario and worst case scenario. I'm kicking myself for lending him my car. But trying to focus on what's next for me and him. This is the first time neither him or my car (or me) ever involved in an accident. Please provide your valuable suggestions on what should we do, what could be the impact on me and what could be the impact on him. The cop said that the liability will be on me as I'm the one the car got registered on it seems. Just when I thought that things are starting to go smoothly this happened. Please help bhayya

What!!! You didnt renew insurance and did not bother to take it from other insurance company and left your car without insurance for 40 + days and on top of it you lent it your pend? 

And what about  your pend? He doesn’t have car or insurance at all?

24 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

best case 5k worst case 10K... if they seek medical treatment then parama worst case 20K avtundhi..

Ask your friend to take his share on any accident related bill, like car repairs etc .. you pay for your ticket for no having insurance.. if your doesn’t pay then you know about that person .. 

They can either claim using their uninsured motorist coverage with their insurance (most people have this coverage)..

or they can file a lawsuit against the driver (may include you) to claim damages for their loss… usually many ppl don’t take that option.. 

you will get a ticket too for not having any insurance.. 

53 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

classic example of Fck around and Find out...... Insurance lekapovatam oka daridram...... You should not even drive on road without insurance let alone lending it to a stupid friend. 

Nee dosth gaadini adugu to payup all this if he cannot....... This is on you. Own this mistake and payup all the expenses. 

56 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

Some +ves of this story

1) your frd didn't killed someone .. good for you 

2) you saved 40 days of insurance approx 100$ .

Good nuvu pay cheyalsins 10000$ lo 100 taginatu.

Please keep in mind that 

Your friend is your savier here. Vadu dabulu isthe ok lekapothay legal notice ivvu so he liable ani chepi.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

Some +ves of this story

1) your frd didn't killed someone .. good for you 

2) you saved 40 days of insurance approx 100$ .

Good nuvu pay cheyalsins 10000$ lo 100 taginatu.

Please keep in mind that 

Your friend is your savier here. Vadu dabulu isthe ok lekapothay legal notice ivvu so he liable ani chepi.

enti frnd ki legal notices kuda ichukuntara.... then why call them frnds to begin with?

1 hour ago, praying said:

enti frnd ki legal notices kuda ichukuntara.... then why call them frnds to begin with?

Ivakapithay car ichinodu appulu cheyala

1 hour ago, praying said:

Nuvu bank rupt ayavu ani chepu e friend vasthadu 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Upvote 1