Car accident - no insurance - friend borrowed my car

BabuDEVUDU

2 hours ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

2) you saved 40 days of insurance approx 100$ .

meedi baaga +ve outlook 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

Ivakapithay car ichinodu appulu cheyala

47 minutes ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

Nuvu bank rupt ayavu ani chepu e friend vasthadu 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Neeku ichetapudu telida insurance ledu ani, toledi ni frnd ani… if you risked that for that frnd then he is close enough to go through troubles no

22 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

meedi baaga +ve outlook 

Actually this is a +ve outlook....He should be thankful this mess is only costing him $10K... Imagine this friend fool crashed into a pedestrian or was involved in a heavy crash that made other party disabled from not doing a job and they sued this guy for $500K to $1M  

You're looking into hundreds of thousands of dollars or $1M USD of liabilities mess. 

GEICO reports to DMV about insurance termination - DMV cancels car registration without insurance.  Looks to be a fake story.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 4:44 AM, Prism said:

GEICO reports to DMV about insurance termination - DMV cancels car registration without insurance.  Looks to be a fake story.

Please get your facts straight. I don't think that is the case here as my car registration is still active, I did renewed my insurance after the incident. But what ever you are saying is not factually correct or at least in the East coast state that I live in

On 7/22/2024 at 4:12 PM, BabuDEVUDU said:

So I had Geico insurance for last 5 years, but they raised my insurance rate by 40% for no reason(no speeding tickets or accidents) at the end of the 6 month period. I did not proceed and was looking up for other alternatives. It's been 42 days since this happened. Now my friend borrowed my car and he dashed a car that was stopped at a red light. My car bumper fell apart and the car that got hit got a big dent under the trunk area. There are two people in that car (a white middle aged lady and a young lady probably in around 25ish age, her daughter I guess). She said she was fine to the cop, my friend said I got the ticket for not having insurance on my car and the cop left saying that we will receive bill or something (ma dosth gadiki sarigga ardham kaley cop vadiki em cheppadu anedi).
Now what usually would happen, like best case scenario and worst case scenario. I'm kicking myself for lending him my car. But trying to focus on what's next for me and him. This is the first time neither him or my car (or me) ever involved in an accident. Please provide your valuable suggestions on what should we do, what could be the impact on me and what could be the impact on him. The cop said that the liability will be on me as I'm the one the car got registered on it seems. Just when I thought that things are starting to go smoothly this happened. Please help bhayya

sorry man .. ee country lo insurance lekunda drive cheyyaddu .. you never know  .. You have two options ..

first option, call them and ask them to go to a local body shop and give you a quote for repair .. small repair itey nuvvey pay chesey or ask your friend to share bill with you ..

Second option -

naa insurance renew cheyyadam kudarledu due to some emergency ani cheppesey .. if they have full coverage, they will reach out to their own insurance and their insurance will send you a bill.. you either have to pay them if you want or you can tell them to reach out to your friend as he is the one who caused the accident ... Vallu court ki velitey ninnu kuda lagutaru as you own the car and you are partially responsible 

and take insurance now .. switch to progressive , amica or take some crappy insurance .. State min teeskunna chalu no one can sue you for big amount as long as you meet state minimum requirements 

On 7/23/2024 at 4:44 AM, Prism said:

not on all the states man .. 

His friend is not liability. All full liability is owner of the car (from insurance standpoint)

Surprised the friend didn't get a ticket (Reckless driving). 

Not having insurance is your choice, not your friends. What your friend did is purely accident (not intentional). Not sure if its fair to ask him to pay for repairs.

if you had insurance, because of the accident, your insurance premium may slightly increase. Your friend should be liable for that part. 

It's your choice to not have insurance not your friends choice.(Knowingly he took the car, but knowingly you gave him too)

On 7/23/2024 at 3:06 AM, praying said:

enti frnd ki legal notices kuda ichukuntara.... then why call them frnds to begin with?

Friends should help another friend when in trouble.. if he do not respond then he is not a friend hence he is subject to legal notice... That's it. 

On 7/22/2024 at 4:12 PM, BabuDEVUDU said:

So I had Geico insurance for last 5 years, but they raised my insurance rate by 40% for no reason(no speeding tickets or accidents) at the end of the 6 month period. I did not proceed and was looking up for other alternatives. It's been 42 days since this happened. Now my friend borrowed my car and he dashed a car that was stopped at a red light. My car bumper fell apart and the car that got hit got a big dent under the trunk area. There are two people in that car (a white middle aged lady and a young lady probably in around 25ish age, her daughter I guess). She said she was fine to the cop, my friend said I got the ticket for not having insurance on my car and the cop left saying that we will receive bill or something (ma dosth gadiki sarigga ardham kaley cop vadiki em cheppadu anedi).
Now what usually would happen, like best case scenario and worst case scenario. I'm kicking myself for lending him my car. But trying to focus on what's next for me and him. This is the first time neither him or my car (or me) ever involved in an accident. Please provide your valuable suggestions on what should we do, what could be the impact on me and what could be the impact on him. The cop said that the liability will be on me as I'm the one the car got registered on it seems. Just when I thought that things are starting to go smoothly this happened. Please help bhayya

insurance ledu..aa paina priend ki daanam chesaavu choodu...nuvvu peru ki thaggatte Devudivi Babu.

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2024 at 10:18 AM, BattalaSathi said:

insurance ledu..aa paina priend ki daanam chesaavu choodu...nuvvu peru ki thaggatte Devudivi Babu.

naya paisa ki panikirani ne comment cheydaniki ne noti doola edaithe undo, alage naku cheyyi doola, anthe theda.

• Upvote 1