udyogam poindi | eh1b renewal in process | anyone been there?

nenesuperni

notified on July 17th

eh1b expired on July 5th | i94 on paper eh1b July 15th expired

online i94 : admit until date: July 5th 

Termination date: August 9th

Pay last date: July 27th (excluding severance)

few are like: no valid i94, so not eligible for 60 day  | apply immediately to COS or leave country 

few are like: full time guys do not revoke immediately, when it gets approved, niku approval date nundi +60 days vasthai 

Anyone been here ( or similar situation) ?

Some background

i applied for COS myself on 57th day, applied for eh1b transfer on 85th day ala, approve ayindi, india poi visa veyichukuni vacha - no issues at chicago poe in 2022. 

as per this: https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/information-for-employers-and-employees/options-for-nonimmigrant-workers-following-termination-of-employment 

below line seems to give me Aug 9 + 60 days 

A period of authorized stay typically includes the period when a timely filed nonfrivolous petition or application requesting an extension of stay or change of status is pending with USCIS, as described in detail below.

August 9 lopu eh1 approve avakapothe 60 days radhu ani company immigration emailed. Attorney emo "The 60 day grace period will start after August 9th." Andhi without talking about approval or not 

I think I-94 undali for that 60 days. I-94 either online or paper di undali or else moving to B1/B2 is also difficult I think. 

Actually I-94 expire avatam is serious I think. I would say contact private lawyer instead of company lawyer.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nenesuperni said:

August 9 lopu eh1 approve avakapothe 60 days radhu ani company immigration emailed. Attorney emo "The 60 day grace period will start after August 9th." Andhi without talking about approval or not 

what did your attorney say about i94 expiry? i94 expiry serious antaru chala mandi but I think it's ok. I overstayed for 12 days I think kakapothe every time you fill DS160 you need to explain that gap. Had stamping twice without any issue.

On 7/24/2024 at 3:00 PM, baabaa said:

I think I-94 undali for that 60 days. I-94 either online or paper di undali or else moving to B1/B2 is also difficult I think. 

Actually I-94 expire avatam is serious I think. I would say contact private lawyer instead of company lawyer.

On 7/24/2024 at 3:11 PM, Pavanonline said:

what did your attorney say about i94 expiry? i94 expiry serious antaru chala mandi but I think it's ok. I overstayed for 12 days I think kakapothe every time you fill DS160 you need to explain that gap. Had stamping twice without any issue.

A period of authorized stay typically includes the period when a timely filed nonfrivolous petition or application requesting an extension of stay or change of status is pending with USCIS, as described in detail below. ani undi ikada ; - > https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/information-for-employers-and-employees/options-for-nonimmigrant-workers-following-termination-of-employment 

Also for me the issue with private lawyers is, they play safe rather than possibilities and chances. 

For example: it's grey, can put enough documents and explain my scenario , which might give me 60days. they say go to india to avoid illegal presence. ma avida pregnant , i do not want to go out alone or both in this case. 

Did your status changed from review to approved for h1b or did it also have changed to premium? Initial premium processing upgrade request was submitted to USCIS back on July 15th, sent via FedEx and confirmed delivered on Wednesday, 7/17/24 via the FedEx Website. Unfortunately since then, USCIS has not acknowledged your upgrade request either on its case processing website via email through the PP notification system.

If renewal is processed before i94 expiry date then safe to stay until decision by uscis. If application is pending for a year also still can get payroll but if denies it’s a mess. Without valid i94, can’t even get i20. Not sure b1/b2 since there are some changes post Covid I think but for anything valid i94 is saver.

60 days is to save employee to find and change employer or transfer, scenario with valid I 94. 

1 hour ago, citizenofIND said:

If renewal is processed before i94 expiry date then safe to stay until decision by uscis. If application is pending for a year also still can get payroll but if denies it’s a mess. Without valid i94, can’t even get i20. Not sure b1/b2 since there are some changes post Covid I think but for anything valid i94 is saver.

60 days is to save employee to find and change employer or transfer, scenario with valid I 94. 

i94 expiry date aypoindi , akade vachindi godava antha , premium adigithe pikutharu emo ani adagaledu, cut chesthe pikaka premium vesaru to help me

1 hour ago, nenesuperni said:

i94 expiry date aypoindi , akade vachindi godava antha , premium adigithe pikutharu emo ani adagaledu, cut chesthe pikaka premium vesaru to help me

Fulltime? I think you should be okay. For safe game, actually not safe but for work around. You can drop another application from new employer depend on pending app. Transfer is not much useful but just to show you have some pending application for stay as proof in future if any challenge(incase if any odd result from actual renewal).

No alternate options without i94 just get it approved and meantime Bargain with manager to extend project for a month or two.

9 hours ago, nenesuperni said:

A period of authorized stay typically includes the period when a timely filed nonfrivolous petition or application requesting an extension of stay or change of status is pending with USCIS, as described in detail below. ani undi ikada ; - > https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/information-for-employers-and-employees/options-for-nonimmigrant-workers-following-termination-of-employment 

Also for me the issue with private lawyers is, they play safe rather than possibilities and chances. 

For example: it's grey, can put enough documents and explain my scenario , which might give me 60days. they say go to india to avoid illegal presence. ma avida pregnant , i do not want to go out alone or both in this case. 

Petition pending unte ok annadu ga, I think you are okay

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:49 PM, citizenofIND said:

Fulltime? I think you should be okay. For safe game, actually not safe but for work around. You can drop another application from new employer depend on pending app. Transfer is not much useful but just to show you have some pending application for stay as proof in future if any challenge(incase if any odd result from actual renewal).

No alternate options without i94 just get it approved and meantime Bargain with manager to extend project for a month or two.

full time ey bro, no new employer found yet, IT side kadhu kabatai it consultancy ni adagali anukovatledu. might resort to change of status to b2. 

project extension kastam , should try for termination date later by paying severance as pay checks

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2024 at 9:31 AM, nenesuperni said:

full time ey bro, no new employer found yet, IT side kadhu kabatai it consultancy ni adagali anukovatledu. might resort to change of status to b2. 

project extension kastam , should try for termination date later by paying severance as pay checks

kastam anukunadhi ayindi. They extended my termination date and rfe ki kuda responded. https://g.co/kgs/ewrupwW said that visa vachestundi even before that they have extended and responded to my RFE