Stock Discussions 2024

afdb_sai

@summer27 I gave you wrong guidance on MRNA. I hope you sold it. I ignored the technicals when it was a screaming SELL at 139. 

Bought SLB, OXY, DVN, BP, ESLT today

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

@LadiesTailor Anna stocks aa prices ki vastaya annav kada ... already konni vachay .. more coming .. Shopping bag ready chesko

Yeah Anna… choostunna konni add cheyyali 

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

@summer27 I gave you wrong guidance on MRNA. I hope you sold it. I ignored the technicals when it was a screaming SELL at 139. 

Bought SLB, OXY, DVN, BP, ESLT today

Ila War modalaindi ala konesavu ga...33mtnj.gif

14 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Ila War modalaindi ala konesavu ga...

tappadanna .. I had my eyes on Energy for sometime. I even posted a sectorial view here. I am not sure if anyone paid attention. I even mentioned a scenario if a war breaks out. :D

@Anta Assamey See below 

I think one of the motivations for war is to increase Crude prices. Also for the defense to spend and test their systems :D

Crude prices are bad for the economy. They increase inflation. Crude prices will drop once the war fizzles out.

Energy-Sector-Outlook.jpg

13 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

@Anta Assamey See below 

I think one of the motivations for war is to increase Crude prices. Also for the defense to spend and test their systems :D

Crude prices are bad for the economy. They increase inflation. Crude prices will drop once the war fizzles out.

Energy-Sector-Outlook.jpg

I know nuvvu intaka munde cheppavu....I am getting some SLB...33mtnj.gif

15 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

yaa first it wnet 4 % high from there to 8 % down now to 4 % down

Sachina paamu already ... All bad news factored into stock .. 

The downside for NIKE and SBUX is limited now .. Time to buy them in the down market.

15 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Sachina paamu already ... All bad news factored into stock .. 

The downside for NIKE and SBUX is limited now .. Time to buy them in the down market.

They have lot of competition from Chinese social selling, Non, Hoka unless they do some magic and new ceo efforts chudali mari

14 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

They have lot of competition from Chinese social selling, Non, Hoka unless they do some magic and new ceo efforts chudali mari

Their biggest buyers are school and college going kids. Every kid wears only Nike's. Peer pressure. Also when you go to a gym look around. Most Americans esp women wear Nike. Its the top of the apparel wear chain. 

Hoka/Asics/ON and other brands always had a smaller share esp for those who run and have feet problems. 

3 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Their biggest buyers are school and college going kids. Every kid wears only Nike's. Peer pressure. Also when you go to a gym look around. Most Americans esp women wear Nike. Its the top of the apparel wear chain. 

Hoka/Asics/ON and other brands always had a smaller share esp for those who run and have feet problems. 

it WAS anna no longer , its lost it market to ton of brands , it was a innovator under previous ceo no much innovation other barnds are providing lot of options 

lifted a article 3 months ago when I shorted at that time , time after time its loosing value lets see time will tell they need to add lot of catalysts

Nike is lost.

This is one of the many conclusions from this deep dive into the state of the Nike business from The Business of Fashion. The article gives a good outsider account of what looks to be a compounding set of mistakes since 2021. But one example stood out to me.

"The former eBay CEO came from a consulting background, whereas Parker and Knight were laser-focused on product and brand marketing. Donahoe set about driving a transformation of Nike’s business that relied on data-driven insights rather than cultural and creative nous."

Charts vs. chutzpah

It's a time-in-memorium story. Rational and incremental. Managing vs growing. Consistency vs revolution. While this is a deliberately reductive argument, it's not without a grain of truth.

This dichotomy hits differently when you're talking about Nike. Its mythology IS different. The irony is that a cursory read of Shoe Dog would tell you that Nike is, at its heart, a pure instinct company.

There's a reason why the original principles of Nike get handed around as Brand 101. Stuck on mood boards across the globe. Or a film could be made about the origin of Air. Or the reason it's a list of marketing achievements would be impossible to surmise in 500 words.

Business-wise, of course, you need operational excellence to drive growth. Data-led insights are hugely useful to that objective if used correctly and judiciously. But without instinct and bravery, you can't sustain what makes the brand unique. The gears atrophy. The brand is what people buy. The brand runs the system. When things fall apart, the system runs the brand.

The irony is that both Hoka and ON feel intensely rational and systematic. Yet, they are better at following their instincts than Nike. They're braver. Personally, ON is an insane brand. They're still shoes for dorks. But they're following their instinct. They're doing what's right for them, and their customer base is growing.

That loss of instinct has downstream effects. In a world where 'Just Do It' can be interpreted as exclusionary and sharp-elbowed, Nike doesn't quite feel on its game.

This challenge is writ large in the most recent Jumpman Jack commercial. An aimless attempt to fuse Travis Scott and Jordan's brand together. It's flashy, it's loud and furious, but airless. Any tension Scott generates is muted. Less gleaning a truth from Travis that connects to a wider world, but insular, serving no one well. If we're measuring by hype, a sellout on Cactus Jack is a success. The data will state 'thumbs up'.

But instinctually, it's a thumbs down.

Amid the gloom about the brand's current state, Nike's superpower has always been its ability to course-correct. To make paradigm leaps in product and communication.

That course correction comes through bravery, instinct, and a return to a just-do-it sensibility. Nike should worry less about what's on the chart and trust in the chutzpah that made Nike NIKE.
1707235415191?e=1728428400&v=beta&t=c17o

32 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

it WAS anna no longer , its lost it market to ton of brands , it was a innovator under previous ceo no much innovation other barnds are providing lot of options 

lifted a article 3 months ago when I shorted at that time , time after time its loosing value lets see time will tell they need to add lot of catalysts

Nike is lost.

This is one of the many conclusions from this deep dive into the state of the Nike business from The Business of Fashion. The article gives a good outsider account of what looks to be a compounding set of mistakes since 2021. But one example stood out to me.

"The former eBay CEO came from a consulting background, whereas Parker and Knight were laser-focused on product and brand marketing. Donahoe set about driving a transformation of Nike’s business that relied on data-driven insights rather than cultural and creative nous."

Charts vs. chutzpah

It's a time-in-memorium story. Rational and incremental. Managing vs growing. Consistency vs revolution. While this is a deliberately reductive argument, it's not without a grain of truth.

This dichotomy hits differently when you're talking about Nike. Its mythology IS different. The irony is that a cursory read of Shoe Dog would tell you that Nike is, at its heart, a pure instinct company.

There's a reason why the original principles of Nike get handed around as Brand 101. Stuck on mood boards across the globe. Or a film could be made about the origin of Air. Or the reason it's a list of marketing achievements would be impossible to surmise in 500 words.

Business-wise, of course, you need operational excellence to drive growth. Data-led insights are hugely useful to that objective if used correctly and judiciously. But without instinct and bravery, you can't sustain what makes the brand unique. The gears atrophy. The brand is what people buy. The brand runs the system. When things fall apart, the system runs the brand.

The irony is that both Hoka and ON feel intensely rational and systematic. Yet, they are better at following their instincts than Nike. They're braver. Personally, ON is an insane brand. They're still shoes for dorks. But they're following their instinct. They're doing what's right for them, and their customer base is growing.

That loss of instinct has downstream effects. In a world where 'Just Do It' can be interpreted as exclusionary and sharp-elbowed, Nike doesn't quite feel on its game.

This challenge is writ large in the most recent Jumpman Jack commercial. An aimless attempt to fuse Travis Scott and Jordan's brand together. It's flashy, it's loud and furious, but airless. Any tension Scott generates is muted. Less gleaning a truth from Travis that connects to a wider world, but insular, serving no one well. If we're measuring by hype, a sellout on Cactus Jack is a success. The data will state 'thumbs up'.

But instinctually, it's a thumbs down.

Amid the gloom about the brand's current state, Nike's superpower has always been its ability to course-correct. To make paradigm leaps in product and communication.

That course correction comes through bravery, instinct, and a return to a just-do-it sensibility. Nike should worry less about what's on the chart and trust in the chutzpah that made Nike NIKE.
1707235415191?e=1728428400&v=beta&t=c17o

NKE has a lot of brand value. As long as it has its cult folllowers there is always place for it. True it lost some market share to newer brands. But at current prices its value and if it visits 70 again it’s a buy. 
They will do something about getting new customers. 

32 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

NKE has a lot of brand value. As long as it has its cult folllowers there is always place for it. True it lost some market share to newer brands. But at current prices its value and if it visits 70 again it’s a buy. 
They will do something about getting new customers. 

Cool