is 100k salary enough for a family of 4?

PAKSHIRAJAN

37 minutes ago, Paamu said:

kk.. remote anukunna le. VA lo big cities lo good salaries ani talk.... kompa teesi witch companies a

)

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, PAKSHIRAJAN said:

no, it's not! I live in MD. Covid mundu varaku tarvata kooda ok but inflation hit me very hard for the past 2 yrs. So thinking of doing some certifications. I don't have prior exp as a team lead or Manager or never led a project. but want to give it a shot, thinking of doing a scrum master or PMP certification.  so aa area lo job vashte kaneesam package $120 - 130k+ untundi and naa bathuku oddu na paduthundi. My background: MS in MIS, 7 yrs exp working as software engineer in Test. 

pls advise, can I pull this off without any lead experience? otherwise, pls give me some advice on what skills I need to enhance to get a good package. I'm willing to learn. Thank you all. 

Anna, how old are your kids? Ikkada school education free ee kani outside activities ki peli potundi. Try to change job before they are in 4-5th grade. Appudu ninchi activities baga perugutayi and expenses koda. Activities emi pettaka pote intilo they will become iPad addicts.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, PAKSHIRAJAN said:

aa risk anni jobs lo untundi kada bro! 

scrum master ki 120K evadu ivvadu bro..max aa position ni outsource chesi india nundi 5 lakhs salary ki work chesi biscuit gallani theesukuntaru..

nenu cheppedi enti ante..budget tight unna situation lo first eyes will fall on scrum master aa tharuvatha nee istam

29 minutes ago, PAKSHIRAJAN said:

bros topic deviate avvakunda suggest some certifications. 

it will be helpful to all of us.

- bunch of CRM tools , salesforce, adobe and service now. YouTube lo videos chudu and read a bit and see what aligns with your knowledge. 

- coding chesta ante full stack, data engineer etc 

- Identity Access Management meeda try cheyyu , future is good 

- AI is new , I don’t know if there are any tools that are in good demand

Just now, Low said:

I am in San Antonio 78K bro with UST from last 6 years 

nammesam le anna

1 hour ago, PAKSHIRAJAN said:

no, it's not! I live in MD. Covid mundu varaku tarvata kooda ok but inflation hit me very hard for the past 2 yrs. So thinking of doing some certifications. I don't have prior exp as a team lead or Manager or never led a project. but want to give it a shot, thinking of doing a scrum master or PMP certification.  so aa area lo job vashte kaneesam package $120 - 130k+ untundi and naa bathuku oddu na paduthundi. My background: MS in MIS, 7 yrs exp working as software engineer in Test. 

pls advise, can I pull this off without any lead experience? otherwise, pls give me some advice on what skills I need to enhance to get a good package. I'm willing to learn. Thank you all. 

Keep looking for opportunities with in your company. You don't have to move into that team. For e.g. there is a development team you work with. Ask them the tech stack. If the market is good for it, follow a few youtube videos and self learn. You can look at the code the team checked in. If you have any questions, they can answer for you. Ask them to give you some work. Something that's not a priority. Once you are confident, look for opportunities in that technology. 

The fact that you chose to start this thread and ask for suggestions itself is a step in the right direction. Good luck. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, VanceChilukuri said:

better to go back to India if the household income is just 100K in the US

Nijam anna, I think i saw in some NRI talkshow that 100K in US in a high cost city with 2kids vs 25-30 lakh in Hyd aiyte its better to move to Hyd and be closer to family. 

Hyd lo emi luxury lifestyle undadu for 25-30 lakh but 100k high cost city lo you will be all alone with similar lifestyle. India lo atleast parents/chuttalu untaru. US lo roads avi neat ga untayi.

• Upvote 2