I 94

SwamyRaRa

6 minutes ago, SwamyRaRa said:

visa stamping is until 2027 but passport expiring in 4 months. At Port of entry they gave I 94 to only 4 months as per passport. 

now how to fix this or get upto 2017.

thanks.

@csrcsr @perugu_vada @Kakynada @gothamprince @JANASENA

Stamping eppudu ayindhi? Stamping time lo passport expiry date kante visa validity/expiration date antha ekkuva etla ichinaadu?

Anyway, since you are already here in US, few options, crossing Canada/Mexico border and enter back depending on where you are residing in US.

Next option is to file Form I-539 to get I-94 extended, uscis fee+attorney fee total ga $1000 avvochu anukunta.

Go thru this for more info/options:

https://redbus2us.com/i94-extension-update-passport-renewal-us-process-cbp-vs-poe/

Get new passport

Border cross chesi ochey.. apudu they will give i94 till ur visa expiry 

make sure u do this before ur i94 expires

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

Stamping eppudu ayindhi? Stamping time lo passport expiry date kante visa validity/expiration date antha ekkuva etla ichinaadu?

Anyway, since you are already here in US, few options, crossing Canada/Mexico border and enter back depending on where you are residing in US.

Next option is to file Form I-539 to get I-94 extended, uscis fee+attorney fee total ga $1000 avvochu anukunta.

https://redbus2us.com/i94-extension-update-passport-renewal-us-process-cbp-vs-poe/

In July had stamping and yesterday back to US.

39 minutes ago, SwamyRaRa said:

visa stamping is until 2027 but passport expiring in 4 months. At Port of entry they gave I 94 to only 4 months as per passport. 

now how to fix this or get upto 2017.

thanks.

My passport also expired in 2025 but they gave me i94 validity until 2027 ,visa stamping expriry

41 minutes ago, SwamyRaRa said:

In July had stamping and yesterday back to US.

6months passport validity lekapothe asalu flight kuda ekkanivvaru antaru general ga .. u are lucky, if that is true

2 hours ago, SwamyRaRa said:

now how to fix this or get upto 2027.

thanks.

I94 is based on Passport expiry and H1b valididity  what ever comes first. You can fix it apply new passport and go to cbp or cross border

1 minute ago, Texas_Pungulu_Uncles said:

I94 is based on Passport expiry and H1b valididity  what ever comes first. You can fix it apply new passport and go to cbp or cross border

Ok

Get new passport, go to local CBP office at the local airport with H1 copy and new passport. They will manually extend.

53 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Get new passport, go to local CBP office at the local airport with H1 copy and new passport. They will manually extend.

Good to know. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 3:56 PM, phatposts said:

No bro, they (cbp) are not correcting. Telling us to cross the border.

On 8/4/2024 at 11:35 AM, Assam_Bhayya said:

Canada or Mexico ki visa kavala bro? Or port of entry lo can we get it?

5 minutes ago, SwamyRaRa said:

Canada ki visa kavali. Mexico ki valid US visa vunte akkarle. Just turnaround and come back with new i94. Land border lo kotha i94 issue cheyyaru usually, if its not expired. But insist on getting a new i94.

Northern border lo vunte, Canada vaipu velli flagpoling ani cheppi venakki ravochu without entering Canada. But this option is risky.

20 hours ago, SwamyRaRa said:

20 hours ago, akkum_bakkum said:

Canada ki visa kavali. Mexico ki valid US visa vunte akkarle. Just turnaround and come back with new i94. Land border lo kotha i94 issue cheyyaru usually, if its not expired. But insist on getting a new i94.

Northern border lo vunte, Canada vaipu velli flagpoling ani cheppi venakki ravochu without entering Canada. But this option is risky.

This option works bro. The CBP staff guy opens the gate or remove cones to let the people in car who wants to take U turn and come back to update the i-94 entry. This is their daily job. They ask the people to park the car aside first with windows open, leave it like that and the driver/passengers have to sit inside CBP office front-desk area, they check the car thoroughly and put a later to proceed with the crossing the border, take U turn and come back. But before planning to drive there, better to call the CBP office at that specific post and check this service available on that particular day. usually it depends on staff availability.