Wife want to donate her 10% salary to charity

dreamchaser

11 minutes ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi Friends,

My wife recently started working after 10 years of marriage and she is earning about 4k$ after tax.Our only kid is 7 year old and is on the autism spectrum.She wants to donate about 400$ per month to autism charity(orphanage) in India.I am asking her to not to do it since we have a special needs kid and we dont know how his future is going to be with his career and need to save money for him.We are having some frequent arguments regarding this topic.Am I correct or i am greedy and selfish?Note.I am earning about 180k per annum from my FT job

U are lucky to have such a wife

First stop arguing, if money is not sufficient then ask her to stop sending it to the charity. But, seems like it is enough for now… let her send and like the above comment ask her if she is willing to send just 150 or 100 per month initially and save rest for your son.

Assuming you are in IT, with potential of salary increases over time.
That 400$ per month is not going to change your lives. It’s unnecessary to have family arguments over this small amount, being given for a noble cause.

Separately, have a realistic long term and monthly financial plan for your kid and yourselves. Both of you invest first in those and then tell her to donate after ur kid’s monthly plan is funded. Both of you will then know how realistic each of your concerns are.

21 minutes ago, dreamchaser said:

Am I correct or i am greedy and selfish?

what would you do if your wife asks you not to spend money on your hobbies or interests? It’s her money and ultimately she can do whatever she wants that makes her happy. Make sure you’re donating to legit ones and not some namesake charities

She is earning that money and I think she has a some rights to spend however she wants. oppukokapothey odileyyi ekkuva laagaku and don't lose peace in the house.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi Friends,

My wife recently started working after 10 years of marriage and she is earning about 4k$ after tax.Our only kid is 7 year old and is on the autism spectrum.She wants to donate about 400$ per month to autism charity(orphanage) in India.I am asking her to not to do it since we have a special needs kid and we dont know how his future is going to be with his career and need to save money for him.We are having some frequent arguments regarding this topic.Am I correct or i am greedy and selfish?Note.I am earning about 180k per annum from my FT job

she knows the pain and helping the community.  Let her do it brother.. $400 is nothing.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi Friends,

In my opinion I think you're being little greedy.

Your wife has good heart..... Try to control and limit your expenses in other areas of your budget to save that. 

10% salary ye kada..... there are many showoff greedy people I personally know who spend more than that amount on makeups, jolly trips, drinks and outdoor etc on a monthly basis posting insta reels every weekend. 

48 minutes ago, Gaali_Gottam_Govinda said:

In my opinion I think you're being little greedy.

Your wife has good heart..... Try to control and limit your expenses in other areas of your budget to save that. 

10% salary ye kada..... there are many showoff greedy people I personally know who spend more than that amount on makeups, jolly trips, drinks and outdoor etc on a monthly basis posting insta reels every weekend. 

I have a special needs kid on autism spectrum bro.So not sure how his future might be..So want  to save as much money as we can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi Friends,

@ANNA_PLEASE_PETTUcan only answer 

2 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi Friends,

its ok. 400 does not seem too much. nuvvu kuda earn chesthunnav kada.

tell her not to just give money and forget about it. be inclusive in the efforts to uplift autism kids in india. 

1 hour ago, dreamchaser said:

I have a special needs kid on autism spectrum bro.So not sure how his future might be..So want  to save as much money as we can.

I understand..... There is no limit on how much money you can save for your kid.

Instead of fighting over that $400/month of your wife's money.... which will help several poor autism kids back in India. 

Ask your wife to get into a higher paying job...... $4K/Month after taxes ante. Less salary ane cheppali

There is much bigger room for improvement for her than you, since you're already maximizing the earnings of $180K which is quite good. 

17 minutes ago, Gaali_Gottam_Govinda said:

I understand..... There is no limit on how much money you can save for your kid.

Instead of fighting over that $400/month of your wife's money.... which will help several poor autism kids back in India. 

Ask your wife to get into a higher paying job...... $4K/Month after taxes ante. Less salary ane cheppali

There is much bigger room for improvement for her than you, since you're already maximizing the earnings of $180K which is quite good. 

She is not in IT bro.she is working as a teacher part time.it is difficult to do a regular full time job as she needs to take care of our son

18 minutes ago, dreamchaser said:

She is not in IT bro.she is working as a teacher part time.it is difficult to do a regular full time job as she needs to take care of our son

man, your wife is so good.. She is working as part time teacher , taking care of your son.. Donating.  isn't state government give money to take care of special needs kid ?