1100 new homes dallas

kakatiya

53 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

Nuvvu cheppina cities advantage was they were very well established long back and high concentration of population within less area. So it made sense to build those systems, public didn't have other mode. It's not economically viable to build them now. And in Texas most land is private, land acquisition itself makes these projects impossible, you need to compete with commercial players for it.

For the record I'm not asking any government to start building or investing for public transportation in these extreme suburbs. It is just waste of tax payers money especially if Dallas keeps spreading wider than denser.

I'm just pointing out that living farther in a mcmansion is definitely $hittier than living in a decent sized home in a good older suburb.

32 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

In India do we have bus riding experience if we have car ?

Dallas kuda anthe

Bro just to point out I know bunch of friends and family who own multiple cars. Yet take metros and buses in the city to work in Hyderabad and Bengaluru.

Public transport Ridership % is much higher in India on daily basis, than in an average metro in the US.

1 hour ago, Pavanonline said:

You need to be rich or lucky enough to buy something in early 1900s or live in a matchbox.  How many families you know live there?

Living in mcmansion vs apartment is a choice. It all depends on what kind of lifestyle they value. I do know many families that live in the city and love it there.  

Most of the homebuyers will be desis and no diversity is maintained. We need more african americans in dfw suburbs to increase the diversity.

6 hours ago, Gaali_Gottam_Govinda said:

Without using a car I can take NJ transit and can travel anywhere from DC to Phili to Trenton to New Brunswick To Edison to Jersey City to Hoboken to Brookyln to Penn station.

Without car tell me where I can travel around Dallas 🤔 

Dallas dart train

12 hours ago, Chittoorodu said:

Totally, Get it about govt. not wanting to spend money. But sprawling across the vast dry land isnt going to help either - we desis/asians have this perception of owning a new home instead of getting into an old one in better places like plano for example.

Sadly there is no solution, cheaper mcmansion is going to get you way far from the city.

Older homes need so much work that it doesn't even make sense .

But places like plano and Richardson have too many issues like foundation , plumbing , sewage, crime rate ,termites ,roof, hvac, insulation . 

Even if you pay 700k for a mid size home,  all your money is going to location premium. Old homes interiors are too depressing . You will not get a feeling of owning a home . 

There will be a repair Every month , it will drain your physical and mental energy. 

So pre-owned home konte keep another 50k for interior remodeling and another 20k for general repairs for  next  5 years . 

So now tell me  why should one buy a home in plano if their job is in plano or remote ? 

19 hours ago, bhaigan said:

In India do we have bus riding experience if we have car ?

Dallas kuda anthe

Hyd is much better than Dallas in Public Transportation today.

Roads wise I agree Dallas is good. But public transportation and peak hours its scks to travel in the morning and evening to Airport or Downtown from Frisco or Celina. 

In 15-20 years Dallas will be nothing in front of Hyd. Once infrastructure improves. 

Public transportation makes sense for cities with dense population like Europe and Asia. May be NYC and parts of suburbs PHI, NJ but other than that its not much visible in US. Some parts of SF, LA, that's it. 

Very difficult to build these for Dallas for its size. 

Also the lobbying from the Car manufacturers. 

9 hours ago, yemdoing said:

Older homes need so much work that it doesn't even make sense .

But places like plano and Richardson have too many issues like foundation , plumbing , sewage, crime rate ,termites ,roof, hvac, insulation . 

Even if you pay 700k for a mid size home,  all your money is going to location premium. Old homes interiors are too depressing . You will not get a feeling of owning a home . 

There will be a repair Every month , it will drain your physical and mental energy. 

So pre-owned home konte keep another 50k for interior remodeling and another 20k for general repairs for  next  5 years . 

So now tell me  why should one buy a home in plano if their job is in plano or remote ? 

I've got nothing to add except, that buying older houses is the way it goes if you have to live in a proper metro/city, no matter which country or city it is. It is a Desi/Asian mentality esspecially shying away from used houses - problems with the houses are common across the country and not dallas specific.

I am not pro public transportation in these cities, im only pointing out that sprawling across/exburbs is not going to give you the same lifestyle you want your family or kids to have. Ex - Community, Downtown, well-established restaurants, businesses, churches, schools or sports meets for that matter.