H1 Transfer question

nikhilboorla

I want to transfer my h1 to new employer now and I have payslips from march to june(arrived in US in march on H1)

If I inititate the transfer to new employer,can I use grace period for july month and how many days it will take to get transfer receipt??

Visa expiring on 30 Sept,2024

3 minutes ago, nikhilboorla said:

I want to transfer my h1 to new employer now and I have payslips from march to june(arrived in US in march on H1)

If I inititate the transfer to new employer,can I use grace period for july month and how many days it will take to get transfer receipt??

Visa expiring on 30 Sept,2024

There is nothing called H1B transfer.  Sounds like you lost your job and you are in your 60-day grace period.  Usually, you will get the receipt in 2-5 days once USCIS receives your application.

yes..i lost my job in june...now if I transfer my h1 to new employer...can I use the grace period for july and august and skip running payroll?

1 minute ago, nikhilboorla said:

yes..i lost my job in june...now if I transfer my h1 to new employer...can I use the grace period for july and august and skip running payroll?

60 days grace period starts the days after your last working day...so submit your petition before your 60 days of unemployment end...USCIS will automatically consider that timeperiod as grace period...to prove that, you need to submit your last paystub..

SO...in my case i have to submit june paystub while initiating H1 transfer with new employer?

and I can use grace period as july and august right?

8 minutes ago, nikhilboorla said:

SO...in my case i have to submit june paystub while initiating H1 transfer with new employer?

and I can use grace period as july and august right?

when is/was your last working day? 

7 minutes ago, nikhilboorla said:

june 30

from the date yoou have given, looks like your 60 days will end on August 30.  It is advisable to receive a receipt before August 25th just to be on the safe side

4 minutes ago, Shameless said:

from the date yoou have given, looks like your 60 days will end on August 30.  It is advisable to receive a receipt before August 25th just to be on the safe side

i am actually transfering my H1 to new employer just to use my grace period...moreover old employer not actively marketing my profile

3 minutes ago, nikhilboorla said:

i am actually transfering my H1 to new employer just to use my grace period...moreover old employer not actively marketing my profile

Again, there is nothing called H1B transfer in USCIS terminology...your new employer can file your petition before your grace period ends

1 minute ago, Shameless said:

Again, there is nothing called H1B transfer in USCIS terminology...your new employer can file your petition before your grace period ends

got it..last question is how much it will cost for new petition for me,my spouse and 1 kid

2 minutes ago, nikhilboorla said:

got it..last question is how much it will cost for new petition for me,my spouse and 1 kid

I am not sure bro...your new employer will pay for your petition though...if you are lucky, they might even pay for your spouse and kid but that's not mandatory....you might be responsible for your spouse's and kid's H4 petition

5 minutes ago, Shameless said:

I am not sure bro...your new employer will pay for your petition though...if you are lucky, they might even pay for your spouse and kid but that's not mandatory....you might be responsible for your spouse's and kid's H4 petition

in current situation...which option do you suggest? filing extension with my current employer or filing new petition with new employer?

my visa expiring on Sept 30

5 minutes ago, nikhilboorla said:

in current situation...which option do you suggest? filing extension with my current employer or filing new petition with new employer?

my visa expiring on Sept 30

not sure how your job situation is currently...I read that your current employer is not actively marketing...is your new position a full time or do you have a project if the company is a consulting company?  You choose what suits best for you..