Oci card renewal for minors not needed kadha

VictoryTDP

9 hours ago, VictoryTDP said:

Please confirm 

Yes .. not need till they turn 20 .. just update passport whenever it renews 

1 hour ago, JerseyBidda said:

OCI card fresh application ki enni days padtundi approval ayyi oci card issue cheyadaniki?

1-2 weeks after approval

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pahelwan4 said:

No not needed just update the latest US passport information 

as part of this do we need to upload digital photo ? 

New passport number should be updated via a simple request. They confirm after a while but you dont have to worry about a response. 

45 minutes ago, beerboy17 said:

as part of this do we need to upload digital photo ? 

Not needed to upload photo as well. 

No , last year or two years back we got a change when passport renewed u just have to do oci miscellaneous request  with upload photo of minor and sign (part a and part b) and upload the latest copy of USA passport of minor then after few days you will get email passport details updated.

i just did 2 weeks back so still fresh in my mind here is the official link for details

https://ociservices.gov.in/miscService

also if anyone looking timeline for USA passport renewal I got it in 2 weeks from application at usps to getting at home I did renew my minor passport recently. And then I did passport number update for oci 

This is the text under oci miscellaneous link

• To avail Miscellaneous Service, you must be an existing OCI Card Holder
  • In case the existing OCI card holder wishes to update/upload the latest information about his latest passport, Change in address/Occupation/Contact details, the OCI card holder can select the option/(s) as given below and upload the latest photograph and requisite documents. These details shall be updated into the OCI system records and an acknowledgement shall be shared with OCI card holder on his/her registered email ID. The services under these categories are gratis in nature:
    1. In case issuance of new Passport Details (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
    2. In case change in address/occupation/contact details.
  • These Misc services can be availed for re-issuance of OCI Card as well as updating the information time to time as mentioned in the MHA notification dated 16th April, 2021. The re-issuance of new OCI card will be applicable for following categories:
    1. In case of issuance of new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age.)
    2. In case of change of personal particulars viz. name, father's name, nationality etc.
    3. In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate.
  • In case of Renunciation of OCI Card.

After updated the details in portal, they will authorize in portal. Take that screenshot , print it and carry on indiaa travel.

After oci miscellaneous process is complete one should get an email from helpdesk-oci in this format 

This refers to application bearing MHA file No. USACXxxxxxx for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI Card No. AXxxxxxx. Updated details including your new passport number xxxxxxxx have been taken on record.

This is an auto-generated email and reply to this mail-id is not monitored.

Regards,
Team-OCI