Starting a 12 day - WATER FAST Only - beginning today

Tyrannosauraus_Rex

• Tyrannosauraus_Rex changed the title to Starting a 12 day - WATER FAST Only - beginning today

to reap the benefits of fast the recommended limit is 36 hrs annai; you might lose some of the muscle. 
mem antha ekadasi 24hr fast batch. good luck with your fasting. keep us posted. 

mari 12 days kakunda first 36; 72 ala progression chesedi vunde 

• Upvote 2

have a colleague who did this. this will definitely help reduce weight in the short term, but is not sustainable in the long term. once you eat normally after you will be back to where you are. 12 days nirasam migulutundi.  a better alternative is to eat healthy, may be some variant of intermittent fasting and including exercise -cardio as well weight training. 

15 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

I just wanted to share my daily experiences here with a 12 day water fast that I  began today. 

Water fast as it suggests is - that I am going to just consume water or water filled with electrolytes - for the next 12 days completely avoiding solid foods.

It is supposed to have various health and spiritual benefits. I had been thinking about doing this for a while now but did not want to start it without informing my doctor.

I did meet my personal GP yesterday and informed her of my decision - she did caution me about various things - mainly the electrolyte imbalances and other possible serious side effects. I had assured her that at the first sight of any health issue - I will stop the fast and reach out to her. But I really am determined to do this fast.

I am only sharing this here as - some of you might be interested in doing it yourself perhaps after reading through my experiences here and most importantly doing your own research.

Currently the time is 11.12 EST -and normally I would have had breakfast by now. Obviously at this point I am not feeling hungry at all - but this might change as I approach the evening of my first day water fast.

I will keep this thread alive for the next 12 days to share my experiences.

Benefits cheppu anna. what do you want to achieve with this? 

Do you intend to continue some sort of diet after 12days?

If you are going to back to normal routine after 12days, Its waste of time in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

spiritual benefits

Good luck! If you continue, you will definitely hallucinate and see other worldly things, have someone to monitor you all the time

27 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

I just wanted to share my daily experiences here with a 12 day water fast that I  began today. 

Water fast as it suggests is - that I am going to just consume water or water filled with electrolytes - for the next 12 days completely avoiding solid foods.

It is supposed to have various health and spiritual benefits. I had been thinking about doing this for a while now but did not want to start it without informing my doctor.

I did meet my personal GP yesterday and informed her of my decision - she did caution me about various things - mainly the electrolyte imbalances and other possible serious side effects. I had assured her that at the first sight of any health issue - I will stop the fast and reach out to her. But I really am determined to do this fast.

I am only sharing this here as - some of you might be interested in doing it yourself perhaps after reading through my experiences here and most importantly doing your own research.

Currently the time is 11.12 EST -and normally I would have had breakfast by now. Obviously at this point I am not feeling hungry at all - but this might change as I approach the evening of my first day water fast.

I will keep this thread alive for the next 12 days to share my experiences.

Good luck. Post what you through out the day and the time when you had. Just curious.

Remember, if you are not feeling good, its OK to break the fast. I liked @lollilolli2020 suggestion to have tried 24, 36 hr and progressively go to 12 days. 

• Upvote 1

Go with 16 hour or 18 hour fasting.. intermittent fasting… 

many friends in my circle lost weight and were able to maintain the weight in the long term.. rest all are inconsistent and you bounce back with weight gain big time… 

don’t starve your body for such a long time.. you may get some other issues that you don’t want.. limit your food intake and increase the cardio.. 

1 hour ago, FrustratedVuncle said:

Benefits cheppu anna. what do you want to achieve with this? 

Do you intend to continue some sort of diet after 12days?

If you are going to back to normal routine after 12days, Its waste of time in my opinion.

benefits em levu. 
first timers aithe 24 hrs tarvata blood lo glucose levels taggi lethargy ostadi; 
36hrs tarvata chiraku asahanam avanni ostayi + on top of above symptoms.  (idi experience chesa) I will not go beyond this. 

48hrs tarvata above symptoms+ food tinalanipistundii mind will start losing focus. (idi extrapolate chesa)

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

Go with 16 hour or 18 hour fasting.. intermittent fasting… 

many friends in my circle lost weight and were able to maintain the weight in the long term.. rest all are inconsistent and you bounce back with weight gain big time… 

don’t starve your body for such a long time.. you may get some other issues that you don’t want.. limit your food intake and increase the cardio.. 

TS reaction would be aa @Thokkalee. spiritual reasons ani annaka I was like putting hands in my pockets. 

I believe after the fasting is done .. body will start storing more fat .. thinking you are starving .. i may be wrong

6 minutes ago, mettastar said:

I believe after the fasting is done .. body will start storing more fat .. thinking you are starving .. i may be wrong

you are right