Starting a 12 day - WATER FAST Only - beginning today

Tyrannosauraus_Rex

Every single one of you is absolutely correct in your suggestions. 12 days is a bit extreme and you can achieve better results with intermittent fasting.

But idi konchem personal/spiritual reasons. Without going into too many details - I have been of late really ashamed of myself that I have been lacking control over my eating habits. I guess this is a decision taken in a bit of anger at myself - although it is not a quick decision that I arrived at. I have spoken to a few people who have done this and obviously I am doing this under the supervison of my doctor.

On that note - today is a bummer because I got a message from my doctor asking me to postpone my fasting beginning date by a couple of days - because I have to do my blood labs  tomorrow and the results could be wonky if I fast over 16 hours. (Most blood labs require you to fast 8-12 hours for accurate results - anything more or less could result in less reliable results).

6 hours ago, lollilolli2020 said:

to reap the benefits of fast the recommended limit is 36 hrs annai; you might lose some of the muscle. 
mem antha ekadasi 24hr fast batch. good luck with your fasting. keep us posted. 

mari 12 days kakunda first 36; 72 ala progression chesedi vunde 

Nenu only sleep to woke up fast anthe 

• Haha 2

I'm warning you to not do these stupid harsh diets...... Your Digestive system will be totally fcked and your pancreas will not tolerate to digest any food once you start eating again. 

Pancreatic and liver issues vastayi....... One of my cousin did this last year for 2-3 days every couple of weeks.... one day he went to party and ate biryani and had drinks..... next morning he experienced intense pain in stomach and had to puke all of it...... He had to call ambulance and he spent in hospital for over 1 week. 

$150K-200K ayyindi Hospital bill with Insurance cause he was treated by super speciality doctor and was in ICU for first 3 days. Almost paiki poyevaadu. 

Eat all the food the u want but limit your food content and Work out . thats the only way.

6 hours ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

I just wanted to share my daily experiences here with a 12 day water fast that I  began today. 

Water fast as it suggests is - that I am going to just consume water or water filled with electrolytes - for the next 12 days completely avoiding solid foods.

It is supposed to have various health and spiritual benefits. I had been thinking about doing this for a while now but did not want to start it without informing my doctor.

I did meet my personal GP yesterday and informed her of my decision - she did caution me about various things - mainly the electrolyte imbalances and other possible serious side effects. I had assured her that at the first sight of any health issue - I will stop the fast and reach out to her. But I really am determined to do this fast.

I am only sharing this here as - some of you might be interested in doing it yourself perhaps after reading through my experiences here and most importantly doing your own research.

Currently the time is 11.12 EST -and normally I would have had breakfast by now. Obviously at this point I am not feeling hungry at all - but this might change as I approach the evening of my first day water fast.

I will keep this thread alive for the next 12 days to share my experiences.

Fasting is good. Congrats. But not good for more than a day or 2. Taking water is good, but no other things. 

water filled with electrolytes? why we have to use this. If you need more than water, just take lemon honey, all natural. Even some people will take fruits, like banana, dates, etc.

Along with fasting, what sadhana you are doing? continuous chanting or ramakoti or something else?

If you are testing your will power or mind control then start with everything - like wake up at 4 or 5 am, do meditation, sleep before 10, eat only veg and home food, try to write something about good, try to sing something good for people and to God and share with folks, try to conquer kama, krodha, mada, moha, matsarya etc. But this is continuous process, not like for 2 days or 10 days, it should for years.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2024 at 5:36 PM, DuvvaAbbulu said:

Nenu only sleep to woke up fast anthe 

nenu kuda anthe but I try to eat early and sleep longer

On 8/30/2024 at 3:54 PM, Sucker said:

I eat once a day 365 days baby_dc1

Enti 365 days lo one day once thintava?

inka alive ante you are great bro

Watch wat u eat .. do workouts daily .. u will be fine .. e extreme fasting valla issues osthay .. I’ve seen personally my friend suffering after he did liquid dietb

DAY 1 - 03rd SEP 2024 - TUESDAY - 10.17 PM EST.

Day 1 of my full day fast done. I am feeling pretty good at this point. I did feel a sensation of hunger especially when I saw my wife eating - but it was purely mental and psychological than physical. I avoided doing anything physically strenuous. Did walk for about 30 mins around my beautiful neighborhood in the afternoon.

Overall I do not feel hungry at this point. 

WHAT DID I CONSUME TODAY: Just water and water mixed with electrolytes.

Good night everyone.

• Like 1

bro, all these diets are not sustainable

only one thing matters in the long run : calorie deficit

for this, the simple step is to avoid sugars/sweets/pizzas/icecreams etc, you get the idea and then do something totally simple like walking every day for an hour

try this for one month and see the results, health will improve after the initial sugar cravings go down

• Upvote 2