My GC case was reopened after 2 years

ap1234

Case Was Reopened

On August 30, 2024, we reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC2190****, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by September 29, 2024, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

2 minutes ago, ap1234 said:

Case Was Reopened

On August 30, 2024, we reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC2190****, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by September 29, 2024, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Technical glitch mostly. Is your date current when your case is approved ?

Chat with emma ask for reason.

August 30, 2024 Case Was Reopened
August 29, 2024 We are temporarily pausing work on your application because an immigrant visa number is not immediately available to you.
August 29, 2024 We reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and are reconsidering our earlier decision.

September 9, 2022 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
September 8, 2022 We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.
September 6, 2022 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
September 3, 2022 We ordered your new card.

2 minutes ago, ap1234 said:
August 29, 2024 We are temporarily pausing work on your application because an immigrant visa number is not immediately available to you.
August 29, 2024 We reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and are reconsidering our earlier decision.

September 8, 2022 We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, directly to the address you gave us.
September 6, 2022 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Wow, must be a result of some audit. No need to panic. Check with ur attorney who worked on ur case if there was any correspondence. If not, you should be getting reopen notice within a week. call and create a service request to see what is going on, once you receive the notice.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ap1234 said:

Eeedhantha nee case history aaa bro? Ne pd enti bro

And naa 485 case also recently updated to **temporarily pausing work* 

naa pd jan 2014 vundhi. So thinking are they started working on my case?

1 hour ago, ap1234 said:

Any one faced same thing ?

What does this mean? Are they reconsidering cases which were approved but were wrongly issued due to USCIS mistakr in COVID times?