Fidelity personal advisor. Suggestions

jpismahatma

47 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

100k is very much manageable. What I have done is kept in money market fund and slowly infused that money into S&P and Nasdaq index fund each month until I completely infused into index funds. I used to put more when market is red. This strategy makes dollar cost averaging and better than investing all at once.

anna neenu begineer konchem details ga chepava . S&p and index fund lo ela invest chesav

10 hours ago, jpismahatma said:

Met with them last month. 100k manage chesta antunadu. 400 per year charge. Any suggestions? 

Ask them their investment strategy. Risk portion of it. Breakup of bonds, stocks, etc. Blue chips, midcaps, etc. Are 10% guaranteed? What is the max you could get if everything goes well.

With 600k, your yearly revenue could be 60k which is not bad. 5k per month. And you dont have to take tension. 

I took a couple of policy with AxisBank in India. I have another one with ICICI. One of the policies with Axis is managed by a fund manager. Out of 3, it has the best returns. 

There are alternatives, if you want to do it yourself - If 10% is your goal.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jpismahatma said:

Met with them last month. 100k manage chesta antunadu. 400 per year charge. Any suggestions? 

depends on the guy. generally they invest in multiple funds inorder to balance the risk. manaki aa mix theliyadu...especially with international markets

35 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Ask them their investment strategy. Risk portion of it. Breakup of bonds, stocks, etc. Blue chips, midcaps, etc. Are 10% guaranteed? What is the max you could get if everything goes well.

With 600k, your yearly revenue could be 60k which is not bad. 5k per month. And you dont have to take tension. 

I took a couple of policy with AxisBank in India. I have another one with ICICI. One of the policies with Axis is managed by a fund manager. Out of 3, it has the best returns. 

There are alternatives, if you want to do it yourself - If 10% is your goal.

Nuvvu citizen kada bhayya… malli axis and ICICI enduku?

17 hours ago, megadheera said:

Nuvvu citizen kada bhayya… malli axis and ICICI enduku?

Pata paapalu (Sins not girls :D)... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tellugodu said:

Wife ki telayakunda, inka pata accountlu maintain chestunavu ante..

nuvvu-devudivi-saami-rao-ramesh.gif

😂😂Bank account lu anna..

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2024 at 12:48 PM, jpismahatma said:

Buy VTI. No need for personal advisor unless he is a Billionaire.

Why do you want your money to be managed by a loser?

@jpismahatma Overall answer is you do not need an advisor. 

Advisors aina, manam aina market lo ne pedatam. You got very good comments from others already. Let me give my perspective. 

Advisors are for those - who either have a lot of cash and want to go aggressive for a certain portion of their investment or for those who need a hum to talk to, convince your partner etc.

Advisors are not bad people, they are expensive anthe. 

Vaallu kaasta hi-fi language lo matladataru but at this stage they dont invest in any private equity funds or some voodoo stuff. 

Initially - decide on your basic investment strategy. I personally am happy with 40% in large cap, 40% in growth (aka midcap + string fundamentals) and 20% in fixed income (treasuries, money market, etc.). market motham crash aithe the 20% acts as a small insurance. This is the Bogleheads 3 fund rule.

Ala kooda vaddu ante - look at total market index funds - these are nothing but you are investing in the entire market rather than one stock. S&P 500 is weighted avg of top 500 stocks, Nasdaq is top 100 ala. 

Total market fund examples : VTI, VTSAX, FSKAX. 

Kaasta advanced discussion : Invest in total market index fund vs total market index mutual fund. I know the diff in my head but unable to articulate well. Again dont try to improvise everything on Day 1. 

Above said funds are gigantic volumes and expense ratios (aka fees) are miniscule. VTSAX charges 0.04% fees. So 100K ki yearly $40 annattu. Anduke they are that popular. 

Dollar cost averaging is good if you are worried to invest all in one go. But if you are going the total market route - just go all in and dont touch. 

Nee opika batti - try to educate yourself. 

Bogleheads guide is the gold standard for starters 
https://www.amazon.com/Bogleheads-Guide-Investing-Taylor-Larimore/dp/1118921283/

Slow steady and discipline is more important than amount of info. When it comes to investing everyone has an opinion irrespective of the quality of that opinion. Not everyone's take is applicable to all - because everybody's goals, income, risk tolerance, personality, spousal relation, etc. are all different. 

• Upvote 2

For 100k break it into 10k chunks and avg into SPY and QQQ esp on days when market is down >=2% should be good.

advisors are not worth it at 100k.

advisors are useful when people have already lots of money in the millions and don’t want to be bothered by how to invest them and want keep the money safe from crashes by diversifying across stock and other private funds. they also give tax and estate management advise which are more relevant at that net worth.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

😂😂Bank account lu anna..

paata account close chesi kotha account open chei anna. inkaa paaata account lu em use chesthavu.

citzen undi eassy ga padutaru masters guntallu

@RPG_Reloaded ki mastu papallu telusu Austin lo

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Tellugodu said:

100k is very much manageable. What I have done is kept in money market fund and slowly infused that money into S&P and Nasdaq index fund each month until I completely infused into index funds. I used to put more when market is red. This strategy makes dollar cost averaging and better than investing all at once.

Good strategy. When did you start and whats your returns so far?

6 hours ago, Tellugodu said:

Wife ki telayakunda, inka pata accountlu maintain chestunavu ante..

nuvvu-devudivi-saami-rao-ramesh.gif

Now I get it why you understood it as Paapalu (Girls). I meant Papaalu (Sins) :D @ManchamKodi

• Upvote 1