Your memories of SEPTEMBER 11th

Tyrannosauraus_Rex

I was in Hyderabad, India in our home then - so it was obviously nighttime for us. I was actually asleep and either I woke up or my Dad woke up me.

Honest to God for the first few minutes - perhaps because I was still half asleep - I thought I was watching some movie - because it is scarcely believable that planes would be smashing into buildings. But once I fully woke up it was just extraordinary watching that horrifying footage on TV.

There was so much confusion and so many theories about more attacks but at the end of the day - it was an unforgettable day for all the sad and wrong reasons.

RIP to all the deceased people and salute to all the law enforcement, firefighters and regular folks who helped with rescue and recovery.

The following months were the most united America ever was at a civil and social level. Every football, baseball, basketball game was replete with patriotism. There was an oversupply of blood donations. It was so very different to what it is today.

• Upvote 2

antha maturity ledu naku appatlo. Naa bed pakkane balcony vundedi. Roju morning Hindu paper vachi direct naa meda padetattu veyyali ani cheppevadini. Paper meeda padithe, aa paper open chestu lesta. My family knows and expects that too. Naku America ishtam kuda vundedi kadu aa rojullo. Very patriotic vunde vadini. Aa roju alane paper vaste, "America Under Attack" ani headlines. I clearly remember. I was excited. Yes, ippudu fight vuntadi ani. Adedo nenu world top vachinattu excited feel ayya. School ki vellochi, 7pm news kosam, and next day paper kosam eager ga wait chesa. Emi avvatledu ani disappointment kooda feel ayya.

• Haha 1

I was in Hyderabad when this occurred. A grid failure caused power outages in about a quarter of the city for the entire evening.

I was at Universal Bakery in Himayatnagar when I saw the news unfold live on TV.

school nundi somehow managed to go to nuvvu naaku nachav first show and sudden ga theater lo current poyindi. Intiki pothunte andaru shops lo tv meeda paddaru edo world cup final laaga, ardam kaaledu. Intiki pothe DD lo okate news coverage, America airplane attack ani

when i first saw the news i felt bad, i was at pharmacy store 

but later many years, i came to know that three towers collapsed on that day is literally shocked me, untill then i was thinking only 2 towers collapsed

I was at home watching the news.. next day school lo frnds antha India lo previous night  power cut attack avvakudadhu ani tesesaru ani pedda talk.. same time history lo ww-2 studying inka ww-3 vachesindi ani okate discussions

How old were you all when this happened?? 

I don’t exactly remember what I was doing then this happened.. I probably learned about it couple of days after.. 

More than 9/11, I want to talk about 26/11...I used to work in Deloitte Madhapur (Deloitte Drive) but home was in Nallakunta. Those days we used have cabs (Sumo, Boleros) 6-7 people in a single cab dropping at each persons home.. Our route was from Madhapur Jubliee hills, Khairatbad, Lumbinpark, Himayathnagar Vidyanagar nallakunta..

My cab was at 7:30, So we were standing the campus at our cab..suddenly there was lot of hulchul and we were told we are taking diff route..cab driver also didn't have a clue..anyways cab started and on the way cab driver talked in walkie-talke and told some bomb blast ..our cell phones (nokia) was not working and I didn't know the extent of damages..Those days bomb blasts were very common..after I reached home almost after 2 hours, i started getting messages. and then my parents called..by that time I watched in TV, 

Everyday we came via Lumbini park..almost once in 2 months, we used to go to Gokul chats..I realized it was only matter of time, maa cab konchem mundu gaa vellunte aa blast area lo memu unde vallamu emo..felt so bad that day..

AA cut mirchi gallani chooste anduke g*lo kaltundi naaku..Like said some where in my earlier posts, we are what we are because of life experiences, ee liberal kathal 10ge vallaku kooda oka sari ee cut mirchi gallu intlono aa veedhilo no pelisthe appudu telustadi aa loveda lo pissful galla katha..

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

I was in Hyderabad when this occurred. A grid failure caused power outages in about a quarter of the city for the entire evening.

I was at Universal Bakery in Himayatnagar when I saw the news unfold live on TV.

Manaki night time adi jariginappudu 

14 minutes ago, summer27 said:

More than 9/11, I want to talk about 7/11...I used to work in Deloitte Madhapur (Deloitte Drive) but home was in Nallakunta. Those days we used have cabs (Sumo, Boleros) 6-7 people in a single cab dropping at each persons home.. Our route was from Madhapur Jubliee hills, Khairatbad, Lumbinpark, Himayathnagar Vidyanagar nallakunta..

My cab was at 7:30, So we were standing the campus at our cab..suddenly there was lot of hulchul and we were told we are taking diff route..cab driver also didn't have a clue..anyways cab started and on the way cab driver talked in walkie-talke and told some bomb blast ..our cell phones (nokia) was not working and I didn't know the extent of damages..Those days bomb blasts were very common..after I reached home almost after 2 hours, i started getting messages. and then my parents called..by that time I watched in TV, 

Everyday we came via Lumbini park..almost once in 2 months, we used to go to Gokul chats..I realized it was only matter of time, maa cab konchem mundu gaa vellunte aa blast area lo memu unde vallamu emo..felt so bad that day..

AA cut mirchi gallani chooste anduke g*lo kaltundi naaku..Like said some where in my earlier posts, we are what we are because of life experiences, ee liberal kathal 10ge vallaku kooda oka sari ee cut mirchi gallu intlono aa veedhilo no pelisthe appudu telustadi aa loveda lo pissful galla katha..

Some

cut mirchi lambdk tried to enter us from Canada anta latest news