My experience from recent India trip..

verrigadu

Trip from 20/Aug/2024 - 02/Sept/2024 for nearly 2 weeks.

London -> Hyd -> VJA

and same reverse journey.

Positives: 

1. Digital Services are excellent even though some banks still not great. Most of the things can be ordered online. Delivery timelines are crisp.
  2. loads of money everywhere though not every has got access to large money.
  3. If we live in a city like Vijayawada, things can be done very easily and quickly as there is not much traffic impact. We got multiple things done in a single day within VJA town.
  4. Access to medical facilities is awesome, at current levels India has already defeated many advanced countries in this regard.

Negatives:

1. Noise pollution - Biggest draw back. Vehicle and general public noise everywhere. Could not bear the loud noise from ceiling fans. Got very difficult even to talk to person sitting next to me due to fan noise.
  2. Air pollution - No need to mention this even.
  3. Lane discipline and Queue culture: I think it will take another 5000 years for general public to maintain public discipline. Even at the privileged places like airports, I saw people cutting lines and jumping queues. When I am scanning bar codes at VJA airport, some very decently dressed couple came and tried to put their bar codes even though I am doing for rest of the family.
  4. I never understood why they touch the bu££s from behind in a queue even when there is no rush.
  5. Traffic Lane discipline: No need to talk about this.
  6. Spitting culture cannot be get away with.
  7. People still oogling at tightly dressed women 

Of course unexpected ending of the trip:

That days after 02/Sept/2024 : It was a night mare for VJA public. We somehow got out and reached airport and landed in Hyd to catch flights back to London on 02/Sept/2024.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, verrigadu said:

London -> Hyd -> VJA

Positives: 

1. Digital Services are excellent even though some banks still not great. Most of the things can be ordered online. Delivery timelines are crisp.
  3. If we live in a city like Vijayawada, things can be done very easily and quickly as there is not much traffic impact. We got multiple things done in a single day within VJA town.
  4. Access to medical facilities is awesome, at current levels India has already defeated many advanced countries in this regard.

Negatives:

1. Noise pollution - Biggest draw back. Vehicle and general public noise everywhere. Could not bear the loud noise from ceiling fans. Got very difficult even to talk to person sitting next to me due to fan noise.
  3. Lane discipline and Queue culture: I think it will take another 5000 years for general public to maintain public discipline. Even at the privileged places like airports, I saw people cutting lines and jumping queues. When I am scanning bar codes at VJA airport, some very decently dressed couple came and tried to put their bar codes even though I am doing for rest of the family.
  4. I never understood why they touch the bu££s from behind in a queue even when there is no rush.

That days after 02/Sept/2024 : It was a night mare for VJA public. We somehow got out and reached airport and landed in Hyd to catch flights back to London on 02/Sept/2024.

When was your last visit ? 

For people who travel frequently (yearly once) these are jujubi. 

I went to India after 7 years , nothing changed except for technology and people able to use it , lot more people and lots of traffic and noise in Hyderabad. 
Our in laws live in HYd so we had to shuttle between 2 houses multiple time 

I was scared to drive after one guy came and hit my car , just used a driver after 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, verrigadu said:

London -> Hyd -> VJA

Positives: 

Negatives:

Aa 5000 yrs lo all the other countries will be occupied by us Indians and turn those occupied countries to motherland India.

no rules, no regulations ,no law.

Jai hind.

I live in Irving, bullshit things . Ppl throw always trash on walkways , parking lots very casually. Most of us Indians beings well educated doesn’t seem to learn anything despite of living in this country for a while, how do u expect ppl living in India would learn that discipline.

rats skin is rats skin even on mars.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, cisco_sastry said:

One thing I observed from my recent India trip is People eating way more calories than required. No wonder we are diabetic capital

India loo sagam mandiki tintaniki dabbulee leevu inka obesity yekkada nunchi vastundi...

obesity is more of developed countries problem...    US loo adeem laavu gaa vuntaaru raa babu janalu

180326-obesitydata-1-editorial.jpg?updat

49 minutes ago, andhra_jp said:

India loo sagam mandiki tintaniki dabbulee leevu inka obesity yekkada nunchi vastundi...

obesity is more of developed countries problem...    US loo adeem laavu gaa vuntaaru raa babu janalu

Obese anale diabetic 

1 hour ago, andhra_jp said:

US and India are still different in obesity. In US most of the obese are poor people because they get bad calories, ikkada rich valu andaro nice organic expensive healthy options tintaru. Poor valu eat in McD's or buy junk in grocery stores with their food stamps. Basic ga you get more junk food if your food stamp only has $100.

India lo middle/upper middle class problem is they think eating biryani/halwa/sweets by ordering in swiggy is convenience and thats why they are becoming more diabetic/unhealthy. Poor ppl in India still do not have enough money to eat junk and get obese.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1