My experience from recent India trip..

verrigadu

6 minutes ago, chammakchandra said:

Negatives will never change in India, had same exp., one guy was rubbing his big belly on me when I was in line at a movie theater!!! I got grossed out and asked him not to rub his belly he was like what?

avi mana blood loonee vunnayi not following rules where applicable , oka paddati lekapovadam while driving , edo cinema loo anattu javabu daari tanam vundadu..

family values are way better when compared to western countries...  avi kuda taggi divorces , extra marital affairs yekkuva ayyayi antee inka daridram gaa tayaru avutundi ... lets hope not...

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, KaipuRaja said:

Obese anale diabetic 

People eating way more calories than required annadu kada that eventually will lead to obesity nee kada bhayya..

11 minutes ago, verrigadu said:

Total gaa crap sodara....maa children aithe disgusting gaa feel ayyaaru..

yekkuva maatlaadithe maa vaalle nannu thittaaru "yera maree yentha foreign aithe maatram...."

lucky baa...neeku belly maatrame.. naaku aithe legs and d!ck kooda.

Sneezing, coughing without covering and spitting...with no care towards anyone.. while I was walking, one guy was spiting from third floor... I ran away from the building..

hahahha...I was shouting like a deaf guy..my voice was paining with shouting.

Driving gurunchi yentha thakkuva maatlaadithe antha better. One bike guy almost ran into my leg. The tyre just touched my knee. I felt l lost my leg, but then God saved me from breaking it.

I visit very rarely baa.. visited for 2 weeks in 2011, 2015, 2018, 2021 and now in 2024. Its all the same. Its like the same when I left India in 2008.

It’s fine le bro. Let them grow in their own pace. With huge population and uneducated crowd, India 🇮🇳 has a country has seen some remarkable success as well over the past 15/20 years. Not all is bad like some drug/ violence ridden countries in Latin America. 

5 hours ago, verrigadu said:

Trip from 20/Aug/2024 - 02/Sept/2024 for nearly 2 weeks.

London -> Hyd -> VJA

and same reverse journey.

Positives: 

1. Digital Services are excellent even though some banks still not great. Most of the things can be ordered online. Delivery timelines are crisp.
  2. loads of money everywhere though not every has got access to large money.
  3. If we live in a city like Vijayawada, things can be done very easily and quickly as there is not much traffic impact. We got multiple things done in a single day within VJA town.
  4. Access to medical facilities is awesome, at current levels India has already defeated many advanced countries in this regard.

Negatives:

1. Noise pollution - Biggest draw back. Vehicle and general public noise everywhere. Could not bear the loud noise from ceiling fans. Got very difficult even to talk to person sitting next to me due to fan noise.
  2. Air pollution - No need to mention this even.
  3. Lane discipline and Queue culture: I think it will take another 5000 years for general public to maintain public discipline. Even at the privileged places like airports, I saw people cutting lines and jumping queues. When I am scanning bar codes at VJA airport, some very decently dressed couple came and tried to put their bar codes even though I am doing for rest of the family.
  4. I never understood why they touch the bu££s from behind in a queue even when there is no rush.
  5. Traffic Lane discipline: No need to talk about this.
  6. Spitting culture cannot be get away with.
  7. People still oogling at tightly dressed women 

Of course unexpected ending of the trip:

That days after 02/Sept/2024 : It was a night mare for VJA public. We somehow got out and reached airport and landed in Hyd to catch flights back to London on 02/Sept/2024.

Negative Point 3 mana desha DNA lo ledhu ..adhi raadhu. Adhi vacchina roju .. lokam antharinchipothundhi

Observation - train is stopping for 30 mins at a junction. six families need to get down the train and few people need to board the same bogie. Train stop avvaganey.. digevallani diganivvaru train ekkey vallu .. oka 5 mins thopulaata.

malla choosthey train oka 30 mins akkadey stopped

1 hour ago, verrigadu said:

Total gaa crap sodara....maa children aithe disgusting gaa feel ayyaaru..

yekkuva maatlaadithe maa vaalle nannu thittaaru "yera maree yentha foreign aithe maatram...."

lucky baa...neeku belly maatrame.. naaku aithe legs and d!ck kooda.

Sneezing, coughing without covering and spitting...with no care towards anyone.. while I was walking, one guy was spiting from third floor... I ran away from the building..

hahahha...I was shouting like a deaf guy..my voice was paining with shouting.

Driving gurunchi yentha thakkuva maatlaadithe antha better. One bike guy almost ran into my leg. The tyre just touched my knee. I felt l lost my leg, but then God saved me from breaking it.

I visit very rarely baa.. visited for 2 weeks in 2011, 2015, 2018, 2021 and now in 2024. Its all the same. Its like the same when I left India in 2008.

That's might be the reason you are seeing a lot of difference, there are some things that haven't changed , but if you ignore those you will live peacefully. 

3 hours ago, Dhed said:

I went to India after 7 years , nothing changed except for technology and people able to use it , lot more people and lots of traffic and noise in Hyderabad. 
Our in laws live in HYd so we had to shuttle between 2 houses multiple time 

I was scared to drive after one guy came and hit my car , just used a driver after 

year year ki martutunte nuvvendii nothing changed antav after 7 yrs; @Assam_Bhayya endii idi 

2 hours ago, nag said:

Negative Point 3 mana desha DNA lo ledhu ..adhi raadhu. Adhi vacchina roju .. lokam antharinchipothundhi

Observation - train is stopping for 30 mins at a junction. six families need to get down the train and few people need to board the same bogie. Train stop avvaganey.. digevallani diganivvaru train ekkey vallu .. oka 5 mins thopulaata.

malla choosthey train oka 30 mins akkadey stopped

Haha so true, everyone is in so much hurry for everything.

5 hours ago, Hitman said:

For me it takes a week to tune my ears to fan noise 

For me , cant get to sleep without a fan noise .....India or USA it don't matter

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lollilolli2020 said:

year year ki martutunte nuvvendii nothing changed antav after 7 yrs; @Assam_Bhayya endii idi 

7 years tharuvatha velli em change kanabadaledu ante em cheptham

H5lBtG.gif

3 hours ago, andhra_jp said:

People eating way more calories than required annadu kada that eventually will lead to obesity nee kada bhayya..

Not always, it depends on body type. We Indians are skinny fat so you don’t look obese except a big belly. 

• Upvote 2

if u have enough money, then India is the place to settle down and enjoy. 

ikkada entha money unna, u still have to work your ass off like cleaning, cooking etc etc. Even multi millionaires kuda maids/drivers/chef's 

One of the major advantage staying here is you will get big houses with front n back yards....India lo unless u are filthy rich, thats not possible or else move out of city and build a farm house. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cisco_sastry said:

One thing I observed from my recent India trip is People eating way more calories than required. No wonder we are diabetic capital

agreed, recent India trip and previous trips lo I noticed is Hyd lanti city lo manchi good looking girls kanipinchatam leru.

pubs, malls, theaters ki vellina I hardly notice very few...main reason for this is availability of food options + online deliveries which is available 24X7 + lots of young girls are drinking alcohol and that too mostly beers.

Obese and not in good shape unna young girls chaala mandhi unnaru.....face chudataaniki baguntadi, but completely out of shape.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, no01 said:

if u have enough money, then India is the place to settle down and enjoy. 

ikkada entha money unna, u still have to work your ass off like cleaning, cooking etc etc. Even multi millionaires kuda maids/drivers/chef's 

One of the major advantage staying here is you will get big houses with front n back yards....India lo unless u are filthy rich, thats not possible or else move out of city and build a farm house. 

Bhayya, entha money unna intlo ne undalem ga. Bayata velthe same experience ey.

Everybody's mindset is like arey koddiga money istey potundi le - Corruption in everyday life is rooted and weighs more than every other reason above for me. (police station, temples, banks, registrar office, college, hospital . . . every place has got corruption)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chittoorodu said:

Bhayya, entha money unna intlo ne undalem ga. Bayata velthe same experience ey.

Everybody's mindset is like arey koddiga money istey potundi le - Corruption in everyday life is rooted and weighs more than every other reason above for me. (police station, temples, banks, registrar office, college, hospital . . . every place has got corruption)

nenu India lone putta and akkade periga, not that I moved to US at very young age....so naaku as it is gaane anipinchindi...like how it was before I moved to US. Same janalu, same mindset everything same, only thing changed is Hyd grown and developed a lot....US lifestyle emi miss kaamu. Infact like I mentioned earlier, maids/drivers etc etc help untadi.....so lets say you won a lottery of few millions (after tax cuts), you dont have to work at all ever in life...then US lo best thing you can do is buy bigger house in prime location...but still shitty jobs nuvve chesukovali.....luxury cars, items, trips anni India lo accessible.