Newly arrived in the US - please avoid doing these....

Tyrannosauraus_Rex

Reason edaina - you have parked in a place you are not supposed to - pay the fees and get out of the situation.  And what makes you think that he will stop for you in the middle of the road and cause a traffic incident.  These incidents especially in small towns can cause a certain impression to be built up against our people. And what's with the incessant bargaining.  It is a bit embarrassing to watch.  If you came out for a holiday in Gatlinburg - I am pretty sure you can afford to pay the drop off fees - and it is a good lesson not to park in areas you are not meant to. 

4 hours ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Reason edaina - you have parked in a place you are not supposed to - pay the fees and get out of the situation.  And what makes you think that he will stop for you in the middle of the road and cause a traffic incident.  These incidents especially in small towns can cause a certain impression to be built up against our people. And what's with the incessant bargaining.  It is a bit embarrassing to watch.  If you came out for a holiday in Gatlinburg - I am pretty sure you can afford to pay the drop off fees - and it is a good lesson not to park in areas you are not meant to. 

In general I agree. Just pay and get out of situation. Arguing does not get you anywhere. They made a mistake and thought they can get away with it.

But most cities, these Towing companies are a sham. Even in this situation, the person who works in that Fast food station must have seen the car parked here and called them. They pay the caller some commission. 

That's why its always good to follow rules.