Odisha setting new benchmark in sports infrastructure in India

anna_gari_maata

10 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Odisha improved its sports infrastructure with a plan. The state even sponsor's the National Hockey Team. They did so with a vision and a plan, not a hush hush publicity and real estate stunt. 

Do you see the difference ? I was a volunteer for Afro Asian Games. So, I clearly had an idea from first hand. CBN era la ae ae stadiums vachinayi and vati situation ipudu emaindi ? Are they being pit up to proper use ? Sports encouragement kosam infra katyadam okay, but what about maintenance ? Once the event is over, what to do ? Did CBN had a plan ? 

Do you see the difference ? What Odisha did was susitainable and long term and where as CbN, just a publicity stunt. 

CBN time lo infra aithe vacchindi infact national games Vizag Hyd lo ainaayi CBN time lo, Vizag lo swimming complex, Gachibowli complex anni vacchayi but as usual YSR and co ruined the entire ecosystem in no time. Soniamma time lo vacchina deemed university scam ki addagola ga engineer lu dani kosam coaching centre lu IT company lu real estate lu lepi gabbi 10garu, ippudu adi next level ki teesukelli skyscrapers leparu ... aakhariki gated community ani apartment parking lot pakkana badminton court veskovalsina karma pattindi Hyderabad lo ...

emo Orissa kooda ade auddemo nee edupu chuste...

2 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Are you crazy kaka ? 

Five acres of state Industrial infrastructure land in a notified special economic zone given away just like that for a badminton coaching academy ? All that was acquired from common people to set up SEZ’s where calculation work differently. An acre provides employment yo hundreds and brings in revenue plus ancillary businesses.  

Why not give away existing facility which was also built by CbN on long lease basis to set up an academy ? What was the need to give away five acres just to set up a greenfield academy ? 

Gachibowli complex apude kada buikd chesindi by the same visionary…what was the need for another academy in financial district when you already built a new stadium ? 

Do you know the wait time to get into these academies? There is so much demand and the existing facilities are not enough. It also generates employment for people into coaching/strength & conditioning. He has put Hyderabad on the International map for badminton. Results show themselves. Imagine even Odisha welcoming him with both hands.

During Olympics/AsianGames, etc we all complain about the lack of medals with the population we have. When people set up these academies and improve the facilities and start getting medals, you question them? 

If MLA's MPs and IAS, IPS are given free premium lands in the city's heart, why not set up a badminton academy? When these lands were allotted, they were outskirts, not city. They were closer to residential colonies making it accessible for families and kids. 

So its OK for the politicians to encroach them? 

16 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Do you know the wait time to get into these academies? There is so much demand and the existing facilities are not enough. It also generates employment for people into coaching/strength & conditioning. He has put Hyderabad on the International map for badminton. Results show themselves. Imagine even Odisha welcoming him with both hands.

During Olympics/AsianGames, etc we all complain about the lack of medals with the population we have. When people set up these academies and improve the facilities and start getting medals, you question them? 

If MLA's MPs and IAS, IPS are given free premium lands in the city's heart, why not set up a badminton academy? When these lands were allotted, they were outskirts, not city. They were closer to residential colonies making it accessible for families and kids. 

So its OK for the politicians to encroach them? 

Looks like you missed the actual point here. Let me put it again….I’m not interested in merits and performance of a sports academy 

What was the need to give 5 acres to a badminton academy in a SEZ belonging to APIIC ? These lands are marked for a purpose. Are you aware of the location ? Do you know what it takes to acquire lands for APIIC ? 

Less than 1 kilometer away, there is government land attached to the stadium which is not SEZ land, Why was this not considered ? 

What is a badminton academy doing in the middle of a busy financial district ? MP/MLA’s were not given lands in such SEZ’s, coming to encroachments, irrevelant to the topic. Just because evado elado land encroach chesindu ani SEZ la Sports academy ki land allicate cheyadam okay antunava ?

Badminton academy ki ola side ISB view, Inkoka side Microsoft view, inkokasode Infosys view, inkokaside Gold Course vunte ne sport develop avutada ? Inkila kilometer tarvata pedithe sheen emana taggipotunda academy leka Gooichand medal wapas teesesukuntam ani chepinara all e glad batch ?

FYI, This academy is rich people’s place.it  Does not cater to improve the takent of the deserved but cater to the needs of rich and affluent…

1 hour ago, Android_Halwa said:

Looks like you missed the actual point here. Let me put it again….I’m not interested in merits and performance of a sports academy 

What was the need to give 5 acres to a badminton academy in a SEZ belonging to APIIC ? These lands are marked for a purpose. Are you aware of the location ? Do you know what it takes to acquire lands for APIIC ? 

Less than 1 kilometer away, there is government land attached to the stadium which is not SEZ land, Why was this not considered ? 

What is a badminton academy doing in the middle of a busy financial district ? MP/MLA’s were not given lands in such SEZ’s, coming to encroachments, irrevelant to the topic. Just because evado elado land encroach chesindu ani SEZ la Sports academy ki land allicate cheyadam okay antunava ?

Badminton academy ki ola side ISB view, Inkoka side Microsoft view, inkokasode Infosys view, inkokaside Gold Course vunte ne sport develop avutada ? Inkila kilometer tarvata pedithe sheen emana taggipotunda academy leka Gooichand medal wapas teesesukuntam ani chepinara all e glad batch ?

FYI, This academy is rich people’s place.it  Does not cater to improve the takent of the deserved but cater to the needs of rich and affluent…

I do not know the technicalities. But if land is given to ISB, why not to a sports academy? I don't see anything wrong with the allotment of land there. Lee logic prakarame chuskunna, ISB/Microsoft/Infosys, etc view unte Sport develop avvadaa? It's more about accessibility. 

Podduna lesthe Politicians and Govt irrespective of party chesedi corruption ee. If land is allotted for a good cause, Of course I will support it. 

I am very well aware that its expensive to learn in that academy and kids are getting in at a very young age. ee Facilities and quality coaching maintain cheyali ante mari karchu avuddi kada. There is demand and they have customers who are paying. Plan has to be sustainable annav kada. Mari idi sustainable plan ee kada. 

It does not matter what CBN did or try to do, you will add your twist. Anyway this will not end. These are my closing comments

2 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

I do not know the technicalities. But if land is given to ISB, why not to a sports academy? I don't see anything wrong with the allotment of land there. Lee logic prakarame chuskunna, ISB/Microsoft/Infosys, etc view unte Sport develop avvadaa? It's more about accessibility. 

Podduna lesthe Politicians and Govt irrespective of party chesedi corruption ee. If land is allotted for a good cause, Of course I will support it. 

I am very well aware that its expensive to learn in that academy and kids are getting in at a very young age. ee Facilities and quality coaching maintain cheyali ante mari karchu avuddi kada. There is demand and they have customers who are paying. Plan has to be sustainable annav kada. Mari idi sustainable plan ee kada. 

It does not matter what CBN did or try to do, you will add your twist. Anyway this will not end. These are my closing comments

Conviniently skipping the actual issue…

SEZ’s lo private sports coaching ki land ivadam emiti ? How sensible is this logic ? Sustainable plan ante ide academy pakana oke kilometer teesukelli pettina output emi maradu, quality of coaching emi taggadu…

Politicians corrupt practices chesinaru, atla ani purpose land la ilanti coaching acaemies pedutara ? 

ISB kuda SEZ lo vundi, it is not just a MBA institute but set up with a purpose. 

19 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Conviniently skipping the actual issue…

SEZ’s lo private sports coaching ki land ivadam emiti ? How sensible is this logic ? Sustainable plan ante ide academy pakana oke kilometer teesukelli pettina output emi maradu, quality of coaching emi taggadu…

Politicians corrupt practices chesinaru, atla ani purpose land la ilanti coaching acaemies pedutara ? 

ISB kuda SEZ lo vundi, it is not just a MBA institute but set up with a purpose. 

FYI - An SEZ is intended for economic activities such as Manufacturing, IT, and Service Industries. If a Sports academy has a commercial aspect or part of a broader economic development plan, it's eligible. 

Katti logic needi .. ISB undachu but sports academy undakudadu. Why can't they set it 1 km away as per your logic. ISB fits the bill but sports academy does not. 

Both have their purpose and got approved by Govt. They both have brought good recognition to the city. 

I know I said closing comments. But wanted to give a little more clarity to you. 

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

FYI - An SEZ is intended for economic activities such as Manufacturing, IT, and Service Industries. If a Sports academy has a commercial aspect or part of a broader economic development plan, it's eligible. 

Katti logic needi .. ISB undachu but sports academy undakudadu. Why can't they set it 1 km away as per your logic. ISB fits the bill but sports academy does not. 

Both have their purpose and got approved by Govt. They both have brought good recognition to the city. 

I know I said closing comments. But wanted to give a little more clarity to you. 

FYI, Financial district is an IT and ITES SEZ. That means businesses related to IT and ITES are supposed to be set up in that SEZ.

I have just checked and ISB does not come under this SEZ but The academy falls under this SEZ. ISB was allotted land which was earmarked for UCH. Perhaps the Gachibowli sports complex was also build on such earmarked land. 

Now coming to the original question, What was the need for government to allocate 5 acres of prime real estate grade A land privately run academy ? 

Right in front of Gachibowli stadium, there is a privately run academy which coaches multiple sports and accessible for middle class public….Do you suggest government allocate few acres next to Microsoft or opposite to Infosys or behind Google campus ?

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

FYI, Financial district is an IT and ITES SEZ. That means businesses related to IT and ITES are supposed to be set up in that SEZ.

I have just checked and ISB does not come under this SEZ but The academy falls under this SEZ. ISB was allotted land which was earmarked for UCH. Perhaps the Gachibowli sports complex was also build on such earmarked land. 

Now coming to the original question, What was the need for government to allocate 5 acres of prime real estate grade A land privately run academy ? 

Right in front of Gachibowli stadium, there is a privately run academy which coaches multiple sports and accessible for middle class public….Do you suggest government allocate few acres next to Microsoft or opposite to Infosys or behind Google campus ?

Absolutely. It's a prime piece of land with business establishments around NOW. Not when it was allotted. 

There is no possible way for us to look at govt documents, regulations in place, approvals, do's and don'ts to verify these. 

I understand we disagree, but I do not see anything wrong with allotting it there. As it stands today it's a national pride.

1 minute ago, Konebhar6 said:

Absolutely. It's a prime piece of land with business establishments around NOW. Not when it was allotted. 

There is no possible way for us to look at govt documents, regulations in place, approvals, do's and don'ts to verify these. 

I understand we disagree, but I do not see anything wrong with allotting it there. As it stands today it's a national pride.

Ok. Let me present some more facts around this..

When Gopichand was alloted land, Infosys had biggest campus outside of Karnataka operating already…Microsoft was running operations already, Wipro expanded to DLF, TCS started building Deccan park and synergy, Hill Ridge apartments and skygardens were the most expensive apartments then, ISB was already busy, IIIT started its courses, Polaris was running, ICICI started building its campus, a massive one. Emaar Golf course was fully operational…..

All these were present even before the academy was set up. The land was a prime gradeA property even back then…

Simple ga chepalante, if you want to set up or allocate land in such SEZ, you need to miminum run a MNC and create plum IT jobs, usually 400-600 jobs per acre alloted. 

But Gopichand who won a medal, got immunity from all the rules. Isn't it interesting ? Just 1000 rs per month for 45 years lease…The academy pays 5k as lease per month for five acres prime land. I have no idea about the value proportions it brings along with it…

By the way, Are you aware the financier is Nimmagadda Prasad for this project ?

15 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Ok. Let me present some more facts around this..

When Gopichand was alloted land, Infosys had biggest campus outside of Karnataka operating already…Microsoft was running operations already, Wipro expanded to DLF, TCS started building Deccan park and synergy, Hill Ridge apartments and skygardens were the most expensive apartments then, ISB was already busy, IIIT started its courses, Polaris was running, ICICI started building its campus, a massive one. Emaar Golf course was fully operational…..

All these were present even before the academy was set up. The land was a prime gradeA property even back then…

Simple ga chepalante, if you want to set up or allocate land in such SEZ, you need to miminum run a MNC and create plum IT jobs, usually 400-600 jobs per acre alloted. 

But Gopichand who won a medal, got immunity from all the rules. Isn't it interesting ? Just 1000 rs per month for 45 years lease…The academy pays 5k as lease per month for five acres prime land. I have no idea about the value proportions it brings along with it…

By the way, Are you aware the financier is Nimmagadda Prasad for this project ?

I already quoted why a Badminton Academy could be set up in an SEZ. An SEZ is not just to attract investments but also to make them successful via tax + Other benefits. It adds value letting the local businesses/economy flourish. Income generation comes automatically. 

Govt has set it up in an SEZ to make it successful and offer all the help it can. It's very easy to reflect on it now and question the decision but it was being set up NEW and no one has done it before. Gopi/Academy has put Badminton on the International map and brought so much recognition. So much so that other state governments (Odisha) are following the Model. 

Your blue blindness is not letting you see the value it brought to Brand Hyderabad. Why don't you monetize the brand value, and contributions to the Economy indirectly and see how it compares to the revenue generated by other companies in the SEZ? 

First, you started with Why our visionary could not do it. When I have quoted what he has done in the past, you are nit-picking on the academy being set up in an SEZ but conveniently ignoring how successful it is.

You keep asking why not set it up outsize SEZ - Did it come to your mind that it may not have been successful (Finances, economics) without the Tax and other benefits? 

Nimmagadda Prasad, You mean the guy whose reputation went from a successful businessman to a fraud and even going to Jail after associating with Jagan? I am aware he contributed substantially to the Academy during its initial days. Some part of today's success should go to him.

27 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

I already quoted why a Badminton Academy could be set up in an SEZ. An SEZ is not just to attract investments but also to make them successful via tax + Other benefits. It adds value letting the local businesses/economy flourish. Income generation comes automatically. 

Govt has set it up in an SEZ to make it successful and offer all the help it can. It's very easy to reflect on it now and question the decision but it was being set up NEW and no one has done it before. Gopi/Academy has put Badminton on the International map and brought so much recognition. So much so that other state governments (Odisha) are following the Model. 

Your blue blindness is not letting you see the value it brought to Brand Hyderabad. Why don't you monetize the brand value, and contributions to the Economy indirectly and see how it compares to the revenue generated by other companies in the SEZ? 

First, you started with Why our visionary could not do it. When I have quoted what he has done in the past, you are nit-picking on the academy being set up in an SEZ but conveniently ignoring how successful it is.

You keep asking why not set it up outsize SEZ - Did it come to your mind that it may not have been successful (Finances, economics) without the Tax and other benefits? 

Nimmagadda Prasad, You mean the guy whose reputation went from a successful businessman to a fraud and even going to Jail after associating with Jagan? I am aware he contributed substantially to the Academy during its initial days. Some part of today's success should go to him.

Again, you are missing the basic issue here. 

If the academy was set up a kilometer away, Will the quality of training take a hit ? IT SEZ la badminton academy pettali ane thought ki economic advantages cheotinav, tax breaks antunav, minimalistic economic output kosam entha valuable land ni block chesinaru, adi chudava ? 

Back then valuable land kaadu annav, I told you even then it was valuable as much as it is today. IT SEZ la badminton deniki ante brand hyderabad antav, oka kilometer avutala pedithe brand image dhebbatintunda ? 

4 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Again, you are missing the basic issue here. 

If the academy was set up a kilometer away, Will the quality of training take a hit ? IT SEZ la badminton academy pettali ane thought ki economic advantages cheotinav, tax breaks antunav, minimalistic economic output kosam entha valuable land ni block chesinaru, adi chudava ? 

Back then valuable land kaadu annav, I told you even then it was valuable as much as it is today. IT SEZ la badminton deniki ante brand hyderabad antav, oka kilometer avutala pedithe brand image dhebbatintunda ? 

Outside SEZ lo pettunte, asalu Academy success ee avvakapodemo because of financial/economic viability. Asalu inta success ayina danni, how do you question? 

16 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Outside SEZ lo pettunte, asalu Academy success ee avvakapodemo because of financial/economic viability. Asalu inta success ayina danni, how do you question? 

Financial viability ? What kind of financial viability are you talking about ? Not even a single penny was given by the govt to the academy in the form of incentives. 

The govt denotified SEZ land and allotted to the academy, the only incentive is the lease of 1000 Rs per acre for 45 years.

Adi akada kakunda ekkada pettina success formula will be the same…Do you really think because of its location ie became successful ? 

9 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Financial viability ? What kind of financial viability are you talking about ? Not even a single penny was given by the govt to the academy in the form of incentives. 

The govt denotified SEZ land and allotted to the academy, the only incentive is the lease of 1000 Rs per acre for 45 years.

Adi akada kakunda ekkada pettina success formula will be the same…Do you really think because of its location ie became successful ? 

Go back and read my comments. Why is an SEZ needed for business? The benefits it offers. They are getting same benefits of being in an SEZ. That’s financial viability.

Time unte velli valla financial books chusko from inception. Ardhamavuddi financial viability ante ento.

22 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Sare inni cheptunnav .. ee SEZ lo pettadaniki, CBN/Gopi/Prasad conspiracy ento cheppu ..