Tech Amazon tells employees to return to office five days a week

csrcsr

73% of Amazon employees are thinking of quitting after 5-day return-to-office mandate: Survey

Ninety one percent of the employees said that they were 'overwhelmingly dissatisfied' with the tech giant's return-to-office mandate. 'My morale for this job is gone,' a verified Amazon employee wrote on Blind.

After Amazon CEO Andy Jassy announced that employees would have to work from offices five days a week starting January 2, about 73 percent of the workers have been considering quitting. The findings were made public by Blind -- an anonymous job review site -- which surveyed 2,585 Amazon employees, CNBC Make It reported.

Moreover, 91 percent of the employees said that they were "overwhelmingly dissatisfied" with the return-to-office mandate with 80 percent claiming that they know of a colleague considering looking for another job. Among the workers surveyed, 32 percent said they knew someone who had already quit in response to the memo.

In the survey, these Amazon workers also wrote about how Jassy's announcement has been a blow to their morale.

“My morale for this job is gone, gonna totally check out till PIP,” the Blind report quoted a verified Amazon professional, referring to the company’s rigorous employee performance culture, which may include performance improvement plans.

Employees also highlighted that the change could have a negative impact on parents and caregivers who benefit from flexibility in the workplace.

“RTO blanket policy is crazy, particularly for those of us who were hired remote and FAR from an office. I have kids and family here so unwilling to relocate,” a verified Amazon professional who identifies as a parent wrote on Blind. “Even if I didn’t there’s too great a risk I’d be laid off in 6 months anyway so why risk a move?”

According to a report on CNBC Make It, a group of Amazon employees wrote to their leaders expressing concern in February 2023 when the company announced a return to office three days a week. The six-page memo was, however, dismissed.

On 9/30/2024 at 10:26 PM, andhra_jp said:

73% of Amazon employees are thinking of quitting after 5-day return-to-office mandate: Survey

Ninety one percent of the employees said that they were 'overwhelmingly dissatisfied' with the tech giant's return-to-office mandate. 'My morale for this job is gone,' a verified Amazon employee wrote on Blind.

After Amazon CEO Andy Jassy announced that employees would have to work from offices five days a week starting January 2, about 73 percent of the workers have been considering quitting. The findings were made public by Blind -- an anonymous job review site -- which surveyed 2,585 Amazon employees, CNBC Make It reported.

Moreover, 91 percent of the employees said that they were "overwhelmingly dissatisfied" with the return-to-office mandate with 80 percent claiming that they know of a colleague considering looking for another job. Among the workers surveyed, 32 percent said they knew someone who had already quit in response to the memo.

In the survey, these Amazon workers also wrote about how Jassy's announcement has been a blow to their morale.

“My morale for this job is gone, gonna totally check out till PIP,” the Blind report quoted a verified Amazon professional, referring to the company’s rigorous employee performance culture, which may include performance improvement plans.

Employees also highlighted that the change could have a negative impact on parents and caregivers who benefit from flexibility in the workplace.

“RTO blanket policy is crazy, particularly for those of us who were hired remote and FAR from an office. I have kids and family here so unwilling to relocate,” a verified Amazon professional who identifies as a parent wrote on Blind. “Even if I didn’t there’s too great a risk I’d be laid off in 6 months anyway so why risk a move?”

According to a report on CNBC Make It, a group of Amazon employees wrote to their leaders expressing concern in February 2023 when the company announced a return to office three days a week. The six-page memo was, however, dismissed.

Focus lo pettedaka 3 months enjoy chesi LOA teeskoni 6 months enjoy chesi malli back vachi PIP anagane voluntary resign chesi inko 4 month salary enjoy 😁

• Haha 1

Thanks to Amazon lambdi…

Maa office la weekly twice ayindi esp maa team…Amazon odu saaku seppi maa lammbdi gadu kuda weekly thrice and slowly weekly 4 days antundu…by January they expects staff to be present on site 4 days a week.

• Sad 1

On 10/3/2024 at 3:49 AM, Android_Halwa said:

Thanks to Amazon lambdi…

Maa office la weekly twice ayindi esp maa team…Amazon odu saaku seppi maa lammbdi gadu kuda weekly thrice and slowly weekly 4 days antundu…by January they expects staff to be present on site 4 days a week.

Em company sir ?