Home theater set up in Dallas area

Venkatlukky

Hi frnds, 

I am moving to new house , planning to set up home theater in media room.

please suggest any good service providers 

budget 10-15k

6 minutes ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi frnds, 

budget 10-15k

anni dabbul spend chesetappudu ikkada enduku adagadam, go get consultaion from bestbuy or HOM

9 minutes ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi frnds, 

budget 10-15k

2 minutes ago, praying said:

anni dabbul spend chesetappudu ikkada enduku adagadam, go get consultaion from bestbuy or HOM

Desi groups chesthunnaru ani vinna.

set up /installation and eeverything. ask local desi people

20 minutes ago, jefferson1 said:

Don’t go with desi people. They are not certified people edo nerchukuni paisal 10gestunaru. Go with professionals when you are investing that much money. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, jefferson1 said:

Can u ping the link of desi groups

23 minutes ago, Venkatlukky said:

Can u ping the link of desi groups

Like @Pahelwan4 said, I would not go with desis. They need to be aware of rules, building codes and can mess up. Go with someone licensed. 

Are you looking for someone to do wiring and wall/roof speaker installation? Check with BestBuy or other local electronic stores. They usually have good deals. 

46 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

@shaktimaan our audio expert

if that’s my budget, I’ll start with investing in a high end receiver and sound proofing the room. Get a kickass center channel, couple of 12”+ subwoofers and floor standing with upward firing atmos and then add surrounds depending on the room size 

if this sounds too technical better to go to magnolia and get it from them 

2 hours ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi frnds, 

budget 10-15k

How big is your room? Unless it is very big, don’t setup too many speakers… 7.1 is more than enough for many of our home theaters.. 

if you have small kids, don’t buy a short throw projector.. unless you know you can totally block the kids from touching it.. 

if you have existing wiring, it is very easy to install yourself.. 

2 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

How big is your room? Unless it is very big, don’t setup too many speakers… 7.1 is more than enough for many of our home theaters.. 

if you have small kids, don’t buy a short throw projector.. unless you know you can totally block the kids from touching it.. 

if you have existing wiring, it is very easy to install yourself.. 

the size is 18.6*13; it’s all pre wired 

what is short throw projector bro? I think they put a connection to the room for the projector, also which projector is good ? Epson or Sony 

58 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

if that’s my budget, I’ll start with investing in a high end receiver and sound proofing the room. Get a kickass center channel, couple of 12”+ subwoofers and floor standing with upward firing atmos and then add surrounds depending on the room size 

if this sounds too technical better to go to magnolia and get it from them 

This is too technical bro like you said, I have no knowledge on these things , magnolia if I search it’s taking to Best Buy. I visited Best Buy but couldn’t get much help , they are telling to use 98”TV instead of projector and screen

10 minutes ago, Venkatlukky said:

the size is 18.6*13; it’s all pre wired 

what is short throw projector bro? I think they put a connection to the room for the projector, also which projector is good ? Epson or Sony 

That’s a good size.. 

Projectors lo Epson is the best… 

https://elitescreens.com/2017/11/the-difference-between-standard-short-throw-and-ust-projectors/

Try to go for a bigger screen size that covers most of your wall… measure the wall and look for a bigger screen… most people use 120’’ but i feel it is small… you can go upto 150/160 for your room size .. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

That’s a good size.. 

Projectors lo Epson is the best… 

https://elitescreens.com/2017/11/the-difference-between-standard-short-throw-and-ust-projectors/

Try to go for a bigger screen size that covers most of your wall… measure the wall and look for a bigger screen… most people use 120’’ but i feel it is small… you can go upto 150/160 for your room size .. 

18.6 is length and 13 is width bro, do u think 133 size will be good?

1 hour ago, Venkatlukky said:

18.6 is length and 13 is width bro, do u think 133 size will be good?

Depends on the height of the wall.. not the length… also if you use tower speakers, that map occupy some space in the front… 

https://a.co/d/3hhqqYk

measure the area of the wall.. leave a foot below and on left and right.. and then tell me how much the length and breadth are..