Cabinet approves 'One Nation One Election'.

Sam480

4 hours ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

ofcourse 1 year untadi... code + campaign... 6 months for assembly elections and 6 months for parliament

i dont agree on your comment about elections take one year

in my opinion not even 6 months just a couple of months if it conducted individually, Model Code of Conduct (MCC), usually comes into effect from the date the Election Commission of India announces the election schedule. It remains in force until the election process is completed, which typically lasts for a few weeks to a couple of months, depending on the size and complexity of the election.

you may be having this opinion because of recent elections which was unnecessarily fetched into too many phases (which backfired also)

in 2024 because of this too many phases, Andhra assembly also fell into one of these phases, it has to wait more than a month for its results, whereas in 2023 TG elections (campaign and results ) were just wrapped in two months,

so now tell me which election took more time? 

First of all, I don’t think this bill will get approved.
There will be many states that oppose it, and some may seek justice from the Supreme Court as well.
It’s not just the BJP government, it’s the NDA government, so let’s see what the NDA parties say about it, if they are ok hiw they are going to defend it even though its a ticking time bomb for regional parties 

1 hour ago, anna_gari_maata said:

Saves ton of time and money. Ide US lo cheste thop antaru malla

U r comparing India to us 

What a comedy 

Coalition govts