Eroju office la pedda lolli

Pahelwan4

Naku and ma product owner ki

oka adahoc request tho vachindi which wasn’t groomed and pulled into the sprint. I said this needs to be spiked first and estimate the effort so I said 8 points. She came back and said she checked with someone and he gave 3 points. I told her that person level is more senior and he is getting more paid because of his designation and if I take same 3 points I wouldn’t be on this role. So don’t compare my role to his role. I’m the one who should be working on and he has no idea what impediments we are foreseeing.

Vadiki Naku same pay istunara ❤️ da ani eskunna in the team chat.  

5 minutes ago, Pahelwan4 said:

oka adahoc request tho vachindi which wasn’t groomed and pulled into the sprint. I said this needs to be spiked first and estimate the effort so I said 8 points. She came back and said she checked with someone and he gave 3 points. I told her that person level is more senior and he is getting more paid because of his designation and if I take same 3 points I wouldn’t be on this role. So don’t compare my role to his role. I’m the one who should be working on and he has no idea what impediments we are foreseeing.

simple ga oka sentence lo diplomatic tone tho -
1) "Based on my workload and experience, this would require a minimum of 8 story points. If the task/feature/PBI is estimated to be less than 8 points, please feel free to assign it to the appropriate individual."
2) "Given my current workload and expertise, I would estimate this task to require a minimum of 8 story points. If it's assessed to require fewer points, I would suggest assigning it to a team member better positioned to handle it."

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Pahelwan4 said:

very stupid and immature to bring pay into the conversation. 

1 hour ago, Jatka Bandi said:

I disagree with your attitude but it is easy for me to say. Effort is rated in manhours, not seniority level. I think instead of lambasting her over chat, you should set up a 1:1 with that person and speak to him on why he came to that conclusion. If you feel more effort is needed, explain him while mildly closing off with "I am aware of the executional challenges that include talent pool, so allow me to do my job." Senior ayina parvaledu. This will tell them to protect their stature.

ivanni kaavu antava.. mana blood lone vundi.. Koti bookshops lo beram adinattu beram aadi, 5 ki tegakottey. :P 

58 minutes ago, praying said:

very stupid and immature to bring pay into the conversation. 

1 hour ago, k2s said:

simple ga oka sentence lo diplomatic tone tho -
1) "Based on my workload and experience, this would require a minimum of 8 story points. If the task/feature/PBI is estimated to be less than 8 points, please feel free to assign it to the appropriate individual."
2) "Given my current workload and expertise, I would estimate this task to require a minimum of 8 story points. If it's assessed to require fewer points, I would suggest assigning it to a team member better positioned to handle it."

Bro this is not first time. Every time she does it she asks me first they she goes back to someone else and come back to me. Em nakrala lenza natkal kakapothe. Manager kuda undi le Daniki kuda talagali ani chat la vented my anger. 

2 minutes ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Bro this is not first time. Every time she does it she asks me first they she goes back to someone else and come back to me. Em nakrala lenza natkal kakapothe. Manager kuda undi le Daniki kuda talagali ani chat la vented my anger. 

ATF valla lolli ye adhi … naku story points adagaku nuvve vesko nenu change Chesukunta depends on work ani cheptha that’s it

1 hour ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Nice 

15 minutes ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Your PM from Andhra na?

1 hour ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Nee jeevitham laa nuvvu senior kalevu ee attitude tho. Tech industry loo major problem eede attitude.

• Haha 1

Db ijjath tisinav kada anna sSa_j@il  rofl story points degara pay endi vammo 

just justify why it takes 8 ppints for you by showing them the tasks , pay gurinchi andaru matladithe that will become toxic work culture anna, that's bad confidence having gc , if they are bothering you again and again find a way to escalate else find a new job

24 minutes ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Neeku kopam raavadam is totally normal, kani  vent chese approach should not bring pay. Basic ga ni frustration antha diverted to how much others are making, hope you get my point. Paina migilina vallu cheppinatu chesthe better

this is a good usecase to show case our diplomatic mangerial skills while still maintaining psychological safety.

Thats how we grow up

Dont be emotional or carried away by designation/title/pay, drive your rationale with respect and we need not always arrive to same conclusion but your rationale says a lit about your approach which inturn will help you face behavioral interviews

every scenario is a learning/growth opportunity if realized

• Upvote 1