i am seeing lot of freeing temples from govt tweets in X

socrates

but i have one question 

Temples are now under government control, but we still see news of Dalits being banned or stopped from entering temples across the nation.

If so-called demands, such as freeing temples from government control, are implemented, under whose control will they fall? Will these incidents of Dalits being barred from entering stop or increase?

Why should you and I be able to have a say in what happens inside temples? If the new board says no dalits, they should be allowed to do that. If Hinduism suffers because of their restrictions, it should suffer. At the end of the day, it is a religion that people can chose to be a part of. Government should not have any say. There is no need to preach about social justice here. Religion does not have to accommodate social justice. 

25 minutes ago, Mancode said:

i want level playing field, bring all churches, masjids into government control 

my personal opinion would be yes but there is a complication 

and government should use certain amount of funds from religious bodies for common people use such as roads, govt hospitals..etc

but that ratio if collection of funds should be based on majority and minority 

for example if government built a road based on the funds collected from religious institutions that beneficiaries  also should be in the same ratio 

36 minutes ago, 11_MohanReddy said:

Why should you and I be able to have a say in what happens inside temples? If the new board says no dalits, they should be allowed to do that. If Hinduism suffers because of their restrictions, it should suffer. At the end of the day, it is a religion that people can chose to be a part of. Government should not have any say. There is no need to preach about social justice here. Religion does not have to accommodate social justice. 

are you saying imposing no Dalit rule  is correct?

then why do you cry if they choose new religion? or hindus under threat slogans?

if there is no inclusive mentality no religion will survive 

15 minutes ago, socrates said:

are you saying imposing no Dalit rule  is correct?

then why do you cry if they choose new religion? or hindus under threat slogans?

if there is no inclusive mentality no religion will survive 

I am saying that you and me should not be allowed to decide who gets to go inside the temple or not. It has nothing to do with Hinduism. I am not crying if they convert to Christianity, and Hindus have no right to cry as well. At the end of the day, people should have a choice in the religion they follow. If Hindus want to attract more people to follow their religion, they will allow dalits. If not, they won't. Same with women entering temples. Religion is a private affair and Government should not have a say in it. There is no room for social justice as we know of it in religion unless it prohibits their fundamental rights. For example, women in Islam should have the freedom to wear what they want, but that doesn't mean they should be allowed into Mosques. The Government has no right in saying that Women should be allowed to in mosques. So, why should the government have a say in saying Dalits should be allowed in temples? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, socrates said:

but i have one question 

Temples are now under government control, but we still see news of Dalits being banned or stopped from entering temples across the nation.

If so-called demands, such as freeing temples from government control, are implemented, under whose control will they fall? Will these incidents of Dalits being barred from entering stop or increase?

Small villages lo there are still some old habits in practice.. as everyone knows everyone, it is hard…. People will change eventually if they are punished.. 

Cities and big temples lo, unless you declare your caste or religion, no one will object anyone from entering a temple unless someone you know complains 

15 minutes ago, 11_MohanReddy said:

So, why should the government have a say in saying Dalits should be allowed in temples? 

i agree most of the points which you said except this

as long as it is under govt they have right to say that to impose equality

24 minutes ago, socrates said:

i agree most of the points which you said except this

as long as it is under govt they have right to say that to impose equality

It is under the Government, so they have a right to impose equality. But churches and mosques are not under the Government, so there is no equality in Christianity and Islam where discrimination happens and Government doesn't have a say in it. So to keep it consistent, Hindus should be allowed to discriminate like Christians and Muslims.

1 hour ago, socrates said:

but i have one question 

there is 1 section who feels temples n gold control should go to priests

but thats non sense in todays day n time 

1 hour ago, Mancode said:

i want level playing field, bring all churches, masjids into government control 

this should happen

2 minutes ago, futureofandhra said:

there is 1 section who feels temples n gold control should go to priests

but thats non sense in todays day n time 

Should belong to temples only not to any personnel or govt. Govt lost balls to get waqf board or churches under it. TDP criticized ycp giving free hand to conversions , now when they are in power they have no guts to attract then back to Hinduism. What say ? 

3 hours ago, socrates said:

but i have one question 

I oppose this kaka.. The temples should be under GOVT control.. otherwise it is tough to control this Temple Mafia... majority of the land would be taken over by this mafia in the name of God.