Whiskey gift recommendation

Neutral123

21 minutes ago, Neutral123 said:

Friends, can you please help suggest one good whiskey or personalized gift set  around $300 to gift my cousin for his special birthday

Single Malt may be McCallan 18yr old serves your purpose. 
with that being said, I would rather gift something different than Alcohol. 

• Upvote 1

If your friend really into it... get some best Decanter and glass set ($100 to $150) - This gift can last forever.  Pair it with an 18 year old.

1 minute ago, Barney_Stinson said:

what is that hype with blu label, i have no knowledge of whiskey or main stream alcohol 

Blue label is only hype. It is still blended. 

Yamazaki / Monkey Shoulder pair it with good personalized glass set. If you are only into scotch then go for glenfarclas or some such relatively non mainstream scotch. If I were you, I would pair some good whiskeys instead of spending all of it on 1 bottle.

Everyone that I gave Yamazaki or Monkeyshoulder to were happy with it. Balvenie or Jameson were not bad either.

For personalized decanters, below is an example.

https://www.groovyguygifts.com/collections/personalized-decanters?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw6c63BhAiEiwAF0EH1Db45U-4FicAxd49fhH7Yq-crs56FftaWAWLQpiYC6WUzyfAaAzunBoCN-MQAvD_BwE

P.S: I am a teetotaller. All my experience is from people that enjoy their drink and from the gifts I have given over time. So, please take my advice with a bag of salt.

19 minutes ago, megadheera said:

Blue label is only hype. It is still blended. 

but you can feel the taste difference between regular johnny walker labels like gold, green, double black. aa price point ki worth it aa ante I don't have a say but are there better stuff in that price point ante definitely yes. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

Yamazaki / Monkey Shoulder pair it with good personalized glass set. If you are only into scotch then go for glenfarclas or some such relatively non mainstream scotch. If I were you, I would pair some good whiskeys instead of spending all of it on 1 bottle.

Everyone that I gave Yamazaki or Monkeyshoulder to were happy with it. Balvenie or Jameson were not bad either.

For personalized decanters, below is an example.

https://www.groovyguygifts.com/collections/personalized-decanters?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw6c63BhAiEiwAF0EH1Db45U-4FicAxd49fhH7Yq-crs56FftaWAWLQpiYC6WUzyfAaAzunBoCN-MQAvD_BwE

P.S: I am a teetotaller. All my experience is from people that enjoy their drink and from the gifts I have given over time. So, please take my advice with a bag of salt.

alcohol ee kadu ekkuva salt kuda health ki manchidi kaadu anna. that too bag antunnav malla. 

15 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

alcohol ee kadu ekkuva salt kuda health ki manchidi kaadu anna. that too bag antunnav malla. 

adhi nijame. bag vaddu le. pinch tho saripettesukomandam.

19 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

but you can feel the taste difference between regular johnny walker labels like gold, green, double black. aa price point ki worth it aa ante I don't have a say but are there better stuff in that price point ante definitely yes. 

nenu ippativaraki icchina vaatilo janala feedback prakaram, Royal Salute is better than Blue Label annaru(amongst blended). Gold Label XR was the one worth the pricepoint in JW line ani feedback vacchindi. Did you try any of those? What are you fav brands?

1 hour ago, Hitman said:

If your friend really into it... get some best Decanter and glass set ($100 to $150) - This gift can last forever.  Pair it with an 18 year old.

Emo bro I have Decanter sets received as gifts but never opened , It wont make sense for me to pour my scotch again into another bottle other than glass :)

7 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

nenu ippativaraki icchina vaatilo janala feedback prakaram, Royal Salute is better than Blue Label annaru(amongst blended). Gold Label XR was the one worth the pricepoint in JW line ani feedback vacchindi. Did you try any of those? What are you fav brands?

my favorite is oban and mccallan. go to ante glen brands. also bourbon's if you can access distilleries in Kentucky area there are nicer stuff out there which are not sold commercially, I have tasted some of the finer stuff from that area don't remember the labels but my frnd had access to those bourbons coz he was a doctor there in northern kentucky area. 

oka 4yrs nunchi I cut off 99% of alchohol, aa 1 % kuda okati ara during personal milestone events like birthdays and anniversaries in my family. 

royal salute vundii intlo taste cheyali how it is. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GelakoduKri said:

Emo bro I have Decanter sets received as gifts but never opened , It wont make sense for me to pour my scotch again into another bottle other than glass :)

regular ga drink chesavallaki; or hosting chesevallaki set avtadi. 

2 hours ago, Neutral123 said:

Friends, can you please help suggest one good whiskey or personalized gift set  around $300 to gift my cousin for his special birthday

$300 worth drink will go in drain within mins after consuming. Like DB peddallu suggests, buy something useful which can last for long time in$200 and buy any whiskey for less than $100, which tastes good.