What % of your take home income do you put towards your mortgage?

cameraman

14 hours ago, cameraman said:

I see few people putting up to 70 % take home (after tax) income for mortgage + all utilities stuff

some people say it should be below 48%

think_ww

31% of of combined take home income

4200 towards mortgage 

14 hours ago, cameraman said:

I see few people putting up to 70 % take home (after tax) income for mortgage + all utilities stuff

think_ww

depends on how much emergency money you have saved.  you can contribute higher if you have some money set aside.

2 hours ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Mortgage 3800

2 cars emi 1400

day care 1500

credit card minimum every month 3000 (groceries, utilities outside dinners blah blah)

hoa 150

kids classes 1200 for swimming kumon music taekwondo 

11000 easy ga aitundi per month

Still you must be saving $120k per year after all expenses. You are in better position than many others

2 hours ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Mortgage 3800

2 cars emi 1400

day care 1500

credit card minimum every month 3000 (groceries, utilities outside dinners blah blah)

hoa 150

kids classes 1200 for swimming kumon music taekwondo 

11000 easy ga aitundi per month

still better no....

2 hours ago, vizaglkarya said:

Still you must be saving $120k per year after all expenses. You are in better position than many others

No way 30k also migultalev. Oka weekend trip este 4000 fasak. India trip tickets ki 10k. 

8 hours ago, vizaglkarya said:

280k vasthunte amtha ganam em karchulu peduthunav jara list esko

How much you earn is not important. how much you can save and invest is what you need to check. 

I know a person who was earning 300k every year and eventually he went bankrupt. All dubaara karchulu.. no skill in investing or saving. Yedo high paying job vachindhi.. enjoying life in present that's it. 

I was earning around $120 K since 2010.. I systematically invested in stocks and funds and have a portfolio of almost a million dollar now. That doesn't mean i invested every dollar earned. I enjoyed.. went to pubs.. dance bars.. before marriage.. post marriage to expensive restaurants.. trips.. But, still I spent money very effectively. 

140K is good pay .. dont feel bad.. unless you live in high COL areas like San Francisco. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pahelwan4 said:

No way 30k also migultalev. Oka weekend trip este 4000 fasak. India trip tickets ki 10k. 

In my opinion, if you earn $280K and still say that you can't save atleast 70K per annum, then you are not a financialy skillful person. By chance you got a high paying job and you are earning and spending all lot. Once you lose a job, you cannot sustain a normal life. 

Please educate  yourself and spend your money/ save/invest your money wisely. 

7 hours ago, bankris said:

In my opinion, if you earn $280K and still say that you can't save atleast 70K per annum, then you are not a financialy skillful person. By chance you got a high paying job and you are earning and spending all lot. Once you lose a job, you cannot sustain a normal life. 

Please educate  yourself and spend your money/ save/invest your money wisely. 

It’s not my single income vayya. Its household income 

On 9/27/2024 at 4:58 AM, cameraman said:

think_ww

If you need well balanced personal life with out Financial Pressure's then it should not be more than 35% if you are in India and should not be more than 40% in USA... 

17 hours ago, bankris said:

How much you earn is not important. how much you can save and invest is what you need to check. 

I know a person who was earning 300k every year and eventually he went bankrupt. All dubaara karchulu.. no skill in investing or saving. Yedo high paying job vachindhi.. enjoying life in present that's it. 

I was earning around $120 K since 2010.. I systematically invested in stocks and funds and have a portfolio of almost a million dollar now. That doesn't mean i invested every dollar earned. I enjoyed.. went to pubs.. dance bars.. before marriage.. post marriage to expensive restaurants.. trips.. But, still I spent money very effectively. 

140K is good pay .. dont feel bad.. unless you live in high COL areas like San Francisco. 

What is your investing strategy @bankris? Any individual stocks or ETFs

On 9/26/2024 at 7:28 PM, cameraman said:

think_ww

Any day not more than 30%.

30% 40%

ante lets say person salary  after tax is 8k on avg so ~ 3200 per month lo    principal, interest, propetry tax, HOA, utilities  ani ela vasthay

on a avg of 500k home ki

looks not realistic