India is now facing a diabetes epidemic, all thanks to samosas, pizzas, & fried ultraprocessed foods

Sam480

19 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

Define dietary requirement. Define what attributes were taken into consideration for that. 

When did government care about them to begin with? Government doesn't even spend money properly into mid day meal schemes, forget non veg food. 

Indo Aryan or not, when you live in the same country you need to respect individual food choices. 

Dietary requirements is just nutrients required for efficient functioning of body via diet.

No ,government has msp for crops ,they should start doing that for poultry products as well.

They can not eat if they want.but these delusional people are polluting the society by spreading their delusional non-sense.very dangerous people.government should push for non-veg regardless of these people.

There are many ways to eat healthy food.

1. Moderate Eating Habits - Eat all kinds of food -> fried, oily, pickles, pizza, north Indian, south Indian, etc. Eat moderately. Over a period of time, your stomach shrinks and even if you want to, you cannot eat more. 

2. No outside Food - Use more oil and make yummy food at home. Completely reduce outside food. Add no preservatives. 

3. Eat everything and work out - Eat outside food and homemade but consistently do workouts to stay fit and healthy.

4. Add more protein to your diet - Reduce carbs and add more protein to your diet. 

5. Diet (Lifestyle change) - Whatever diet you follow, make sure it's a lifestyle change and permanent. Otherwise, people will return back to older habits. Intermittent fasting works. 

Whatever works for people. There is no 1 single formula that works for everyone and fits their schedule. Find ways to reduce stress and get regular exercise.

22 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

em sources anna essential and non essential amino acids gurincha aa ?? 
adi basic biology anna, body lo 20 amino acids vuntayi (all proteins are made of amino acids), 9 of them are essential which means body cannot produce them so you have to take it externally; and rest body produces. 

those 9 amino acids you can get from plant sources too. but to get those you might as well mix and match those plant sources like legumes and rice to get all essential amino acids, anduke animal sources ni complete proteins antaru

its simple so that you can don't have to look elsewhere. 

nuvvu vinav ley kaani.

I don't mind if ppl are eating meat and I don't discourage them if someone wants to eat meat. but I support plant based diet and encourage if someone wants to get into that. personally speaking I like meat but I gave up and I don't find it difficult with vegetarian food and I don't feel I am missing on meat. for me this change helped me get back on to track with my health, and I intend to continue. twins study ani ochchindii netflix lo okasari look veyyi, some chronic life style diseases ki our diet is the main culprit and you can change your epigenetics with your diet which is in your control, do your own research anna. with that being said family lo meat eaters vunnaru, vallaki cook kuda chesta but personally I don't like to eat.

You can get all kinds of proteins from either plant or animal sources.

But quantity differs you need to eat a lot of vegetarian food ,no efficient vegetarian foods to reach your protein requirement of 60 grams for a average person not doing heavy work that's like 1300 calories of peanuts or 700-800 calories of soya chunks .even artificial sources like soya chunks are less efficient than chicken.

For people working out ,might even need more protein.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

There are many ways to eat healthy food.

1. Moderate Eating Habits - Eat all kinds of food -> fried, oily, pickles, pizza, north Indian, south Indian, etc. Eat moderately. Over a period of time, your stomach shrinks and even if you want to, you cannot eat more. 

2. No outside Food - Use more oil and make yummy food at home. Completely reduce outside food. Add no preservatives. 

3. Eat everything and work out - Eat outside food and homemade but consistently do workouts to stay fit and healthy.

4. Add more protein to your diet - Reduce carbs and add more protein to your diet. 

5. Diet (Lifestyle change) - Whatever diet you follow, make sure it's a lifestyle change and permanent. Otherwise, people will return back to older habits. Intermittent fasting works. 

Whatever works for people. There is no 1 single formula that works for everyone and fits their schedule. Find ways to reduce stress and get regular exercise.

Red: this is what I am looking for. find ways to reduce stress and regular exercise. 

but abbe manaki telvanivi propaganda antam anta ; manaki telikapotey just stfu and listen ani oka wiseman cheppadanta. 

21 minutes ago, Teluguredu said:

Dietary requirements is just nutrients required for efficient functioning of body via diet.

No ,government has msp for crops ,they should start doing that for poultry products as well.

They can not eat if they want.but these delusional people are polluting the society by spreading their delusional non-sense.very dangerous people.government should push for non-veg regardless of these people.

How did you determine that those that fall out of your defined requirements aren't healthy? 

Non veg is not restricted in India, except for certain places of worship and private spaces. 

Only restriction exists on cow derived beef. Other than that, I don't understand this push. Our poultry has been industrialized long back although not to the levels of US. 

3 minutes ago, Teluguredu said:

You can get all kinds of proteins from either plant or animal sources.

But quantity differs you need to eat a lot of vegetarian food ,no vegetarian foods to reach your protein requirement of 60 grams for a average person not doing heavy work.even artificial sources like soya chunks are less efficient than chicken.

For people working out ,might even need more protein.

anna complete (meat) vs incomplete (plant) proteins anna. 

efficiency is dependent on one's body metabolism. 

you cannot say one suffering from kidney diseases to take lot of protein kada; or protein meeda ne concentrate chesi migitha sources of diet ni ignore cheyalem kada anna.

I don't want to argue further but for example creatinine is highly researched supplement and its safe. but adi safe ani if you aren't working out to reap the benefits of it; then it becomes an expensive piss. likewise nuvvu cheppindi nenu tappu anatledu but emphasis on more protein from animal sources avasaram ledu ani antunna. 

again I stick to my statement its not the holy grail.

nuvvu annadi kuda tappu ledu " for person who does heavy work" but for them they don't need proteins anna carbs kavali which is a ready source for energy. proteins are building blocks helps in muscle growth but you don't find a heavy muscular guy resembles a body builder doing construction job kada (for sure he will be lean guy)  

nenu kuda protein protein anukunta, fruits, nuts, veggies tinakapoyevadini. easy ani morning eggs and avocado, madyanam chicken and brocolli, night grilled fish and some rice, with protein shake madyalo snack ani peanut butter with celery tinevadini migithavi em tinakunda, the thing I like with vegetarian diet is you don't have to count calories when you are eating whole foods like fruits , veggies and salads. 

Yesterday some one was telling ... we eat 2-3 chicken pieces in bucket load of biryani, where as these Americans eat only chicken pieces as wings...both are not same

22 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

How did you determine that those that fall out of your defined requirements aren't healthy? 

Non veg is not restricted in India, except for certain places of worship and private spaces. 

Only restriction exists on cow derived beef. Other than that, I don't understand this push. Our poultry has been industrialized long back although not to the levels of US. 

All of the countries with high meat consumption have the tallest and well built people due to optimal protein consumption ,even Chinese people are pretty tall now.

Even poorer African countries have better built people than indians.

1 minute ago, Teluguredu said:

All of the countries with high meat consumption have the tallest and well built people due to optimal protein consumption ,even Chinese people are pretty tall now.

Even poorer African countries have better built people than indians.

I see where you are coming from. Yes agreed to your point. 

can you tell the same for japanese and koreans wrt to being tall and built of the body? , they aren't tall and well built compared to west; 

aren't those genetics in play ? 

Africans -- majority are of them hunter gatherer lifestyle and their protein is high so better built antav. but what do you say about pigmies they are from the same continent. 

my parent's aren't tall, and we are taller than them. the next gen might be taller than us; 

we been through food scarcity to food surplus we are getting there; genetics lo change ravali kada to be well built unfortunately mana diet and lifestyle going bonkers. 

maa frnd vallu brahmins, valla bava vallu vegetarians ee they are little above avg Indian height, their son ate nothing but shahi paneer + naan; pizza; or pappu annam/ perugu annam (ante oka 5-6 yrs span anukoo naa observation). he looked like he was malnourished I was very concerned for him for not eating optimal amount picky eater too; bones aithe brittle ani anipinchevi but he was very active kid, basketball vadi anthala vadu adetodu, parkour ani sofa jump chesetodu physically very active, oka 6month-1yr vallani kalavaledu anukunta cut cheste vaadu almost 6ft+ vunnadu even before he was in senior year. so what do you attribute it to genetics or diet ? 

gone are the days where we used to learn about kwashiokor, marasmus, beriberi, scurvy, or goiter; our generation read about those but never seen such cases; yes definitely protein is important. naa argument plant vs animal; complete vs incomplete only scientific way lo; 

veg, religious ardak lassun paina arguments kaadu anna just making it clear.