Question about Dating apps

pichukgudu

Just now, pichukgudu said:

nenu particular ga apps gurunchi anatledhu bro .. ikada process gurunchi telusukundham anukuntunna .. Even SM platforms kuda use chestharu ga janalu ..  

SM for dating? Never heard it but it’s not a good idea better do in the assigned apps 

thammudu thammude pekata pekate typelo 

2 minutes ago, karuvu said:

SM for dating? Never heard it but it’s not a good idea better do in the assigned apps 

thammudu thammude pekata pekate typelo 

Havent u heard abt ppl meeting on FB/IG and later getting married ??

2 minutes ago, pichukgudu said:

That happens overtime not instant like dating apps 

3 minutes ago, pichukgudu said:

Nope first time meeting each other on SM and getting married rarely happens 

15 minutes ago, karuvu said:

That happens overtime not instant like dating apps 

14 minutes ago, karuvu said:

Nope first time meeting each other on SM and getting married rarely happens 

Okay! Rarely aina .. ala kuda jaruguthundhi kadha ani nenu adhi kuda pariganam loki theesukunna .. Lite le !!

13 hours ago, pichukgudu said:

Okay .. I'll frame my question again to make myself more clear! Without building a profile (meaning no pics / no education/employment/lifestyle related details) for myself and just mentioning that iam a man looking for a woman .. for XYZ reasons .. and initiate a conversation after looking at a woman's profile (that's out there in that platform), what are my chances of getting a response back ??

Just FYI: I already know that many hv found someone they were looking for .. but i want to know would that hv been possible w/o d odr person already judging these ppl based on their profile and finding that more suiting to their requirements already??

red- you can build thousands of use cases, in this use case - its near impossible to get a response or even a profile view. 

whats your point in second paragraph ? its a need for both men and women, there are many people who solely depend on these apps inorder to get into a relationship. Many were proved good to go, some were junked, some ended up with even criminal charges.. like 1 person marrying many just for sake of dowry or whatever reasons... 

6 hours ago, Kakynada said:

red- you can build thousands of use cases, in this use case - its near impossible to get a response or even a profile view. 

whats your point in second paragraph ? its a need for both men and women, there are many people who solely depend on these apps inorder to get into a relationship. Many were proved good to go, some were junked, some ended up with even criminal charges.. like 1 person marrying many just for sake of dowry or whatever reasons... 

Iam of d opinion that, getting to know any random person truly, happens thru interactions/conversations to start wid based on which we can choose to whether or not to take it forward! For this normal/orthodox approach of being able to speak to d person of interest, directly whom u see regularly in d gym / a store / in d street u live in etc .. gives u a better chance of communicating & learning abt d individual!

Now coming to d approach we're talking abt which is relying on the Internet to know a person, is completely dependent on hw u present urself thru ur profile (which can be faked) & also look for a particular profile (could be fake again) .. which is like already categorising that person to be suitable based on our prejudices even b4 having a single conversation!

Its true that either of the approaches work, but was just trying to point out the difference b/w these two !!

47 minutes ago, pichukgudu said:

Iam of d opinion that, getting to know any random person truly, happens thru interactions/conversations to start wid based on which we can choose to whether or not to take it forward! For this normal/orthodox approach of being able to speak to d person of interest, directly whom u see regularly in d gym / a store / in d street u live in etc .. gives u a better chance of communicating & learning abt d individual!

Now coming to d approach we're talking abt which is relying on the Internet to know a person, is completely dependent on hw u present urself thru ur profile (which can be faked) & also look for a particular profile (could be fake again) .. which is like already categorising that person to be suitable based on our prejudices even b4 having a single conversation!

Its true that either of the approaches work, but was just trying to point out the difference b/w these two !!

Yes but for the same use case, if you meet a person in app, exchange numbers after basic chat, then take it forward from there, i mean once you get the contact numbers exchanged, meet the person often, see if the person fits your criteria or life style, from there you can even think about marriage also right. While your point of meeting person outside like cafe, stores etc is good, the same could be applied with a person online to start with exchange number, meet outside - both are same right ? meeting person in gym vs meeting person initially online then text, meet outside - arent these both same bro ? also both cases they're strangers - so its your call eod how you want to take it forward with these strangers. each have their own use cases. 

5 minutes ago, Kakynada said:

Yes but for the same use case, if you meet a person in app, exchange numbers after basic chat, then take it forward from there, i mean once you get the contact numbers exchanged, meet the person often, see if the person fits your criteria or life style, from there you can even think about marriage also right. While your point of meeting person outside like cafe, stores etc is good, the same could be applied with a person online to start with exchange number, meet outside - both are same right ? meeting person in gym vs meeting person initially online then text, meet outside - arent these both same bro ? also both cases they're strangers - so its your call eod how you want to take it forward with these strangers. each have their own use cases. 

If u remember that's the reason i asked a question in my earlier post abt "what are my chances" of getting a response when i initiate a conversation thru these apps & u answered as "near impossible" !! This is what iam trying to point out !!

Consider the normal approach where u try to talk to some random person on street/gym/at a store etc .. 'm pretty sure that there is a very good chance of getting a response back ... isnt it?? coz anyone would see it as a casual talk unlike on these apps where ppl wud already have a pre-meditated thot abt why someone is trying to talk to you & may / may not respond based on their interests!

I completely agree that either approach works and depending on one's convenience, they can decide on which one to choose! 

20 minutes ago, pichukgudu said:

If u remember that's the reason i asked a question in my earlier post abt "what are my chances" of getting a response when i initiate a conversation thru these apps & u answered as "near impossible" !! This is what iam trying to point out !!

Consider the normal approach where u try to talk to some random person on street/gym/at a store etc .. 'm pretty sure that there is a very good chance of getting a response back ... isnt it?? coz anyone would see it as a casual talk unlike on these apps where ppl wud already have a pre-meditated thot abt why someone is trying to talk to you & may / may not respond based on their interests!

I completely agree that either approach works and depending on one's convenience, they can decide on which one to choose! 

red - But your use case is also no good with no or empty info or blank profile - you create a profile with no pic and no info, how can you expect a reply from others, in first case this is a invalid scenario - as you cant expect a reply to a person with no pic or enough info - at the end meeting in person would happen be it any case, so it all falls and starts from in person meeting. From here your call wether you wana take it or leave it. 

2 minutes ago, Kakynada said:

red - But your use case is also no good with no or empty info or blank profile - you create a profile with no pic and no info, how can you expect a reply from others, in first case this is a invalid scenario - as you cant expect a reply to a person with no pic or enough info - at the end meeting in person would happen be it any case, so it all falls and starts from in person meeting. From here your call wether you wana take it or leave it. 

Iam not sure if u've already tried any apps but from my own experience .. i can tell u that not everyone who use these apps have their pics uploaded .. and yes they mention some basic details abt themselves .. on d basis of which we try to judge / predict d odr person's mindset & then decide whether or not to interact with 'em.

Also building a profile doesnt guarantee a response back is wat i feel! Neither is meeting in-person, coz it completely depends on d conversation 2 of 'em had, & since u dont kno whom u r talking to, personally .. there are higher chances of them not being d ones whom u thot 'em to be, when u decide to meet 'em at some point which could put you in a tricky condition!