Cast my first ever vote in the US presidential election 2024

Tyrannosauraus_Rex

Since I will be in India on election day - I just mailed out my absentee ballot.

It had 4 elements to it:

1) The presidential vote

2) The senator vote for Virginia.

3) The House of representative vote for Virginia.

4) A vote on a constitutional amendment for a tax exemption for spouses of people who lost their lives in the line of duty in Virginia.

While I regularly cast my vote in India as an Indian citizen - this is the first time I have participated in the election process in the US at the federal level as an American citizen.

Felt good discharging my duties as a citizen.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Since I will be in India on election day - I just mailed out my absentee ballot.

It had 4 elements to it:

1) The presidential vote

4) A vote on a constitutional amendment for a tax exemption for spouses of people who lost their lives in the line of duty in Virginia.

While I regularly cast my vote in India as an Indian citizen - this is the first time I have participated in the election process in the US at the federal level as an American citizen.

Nice....citizen eppudainav?

1 hour ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

It had 4 elements to it:

1) The presidential vote

Evariki Esinav bro. Counting center daka pothaya postal ballots. Last time road mida padesinaru ani thatha Lolli chesindu

2 minutes ago, Pahelwan4 said:

Evariki Esinav bro. Counting center daka pothaya postal ballots. Last time road mida padesinaru ani thatha Lolli chesindu

I think it really depends on the robustness of the local election registrar. We've not had any complaints about the postal ballots - at least in our locality.

I could have actually driven myself to the local registrar's office and posted it in a drop box but I just mailed it as it is convenient.

Voted Republican.

• Like 1

It had 4 elements to it:

1) The presidential vote

How did it feel bro.. changing nationality...

It had 4 elements to it:

1) The presidential vote

Evariki Vesav reps or dems?? I’m guessing dems 

2 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

How did it feel bro.. changing nationality...

Citizenship vacchinappudu of course it was very new and exciting - canceling the Indian passport was a bit painful emotionally. But I got the Overseas Citizenship of India card - so it was easy to get in and out of India.

The real strength of the American citizenship/ American passport prove ayyindi eppudantey when we went to Europe last year for vacation. Visa godavalu lekunda simple ga flight ticket book chesukuni vellipovadamey - so that was really good.

8 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

I think it really depends on the robustness of the local election registrar. We've not had any complaints about the postal ballots - at least in our locality.

I could have actually driven myself to the local registrar's office and posted it in a drop box but I just mailed it as it is convenient.

Voted Republican.

Jai thatha 

4 minutes ago, karuvu said:

Evariki Vesav reps or dems?? I’m guessing dems 

Republican brother. 

Maa locality/area lo the Republicans do a good job.

Federally we really have a limited choice anyway - after I compared notes chose to vote for Trump.

13 minutes ago, karuvu said:

Direct thru h1 or setup marriage?

Regular Marriage.

What is a setup marriage?