India plans to limit laptop, tablet and PC imports starting Jan 2025 to boost domestic manufacturing

Sam480

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

Not really…twenty years back it was not so easy to assemble laptops in India but now things are more favorable…More infra is being added, massive facilities and quality power, finances etc anni vunayi ipudu….

Cell phones, iphones ae assemble chestunapudu laptop oka lekka na ? 

You need to have a strong supply chain for that like China does ,the only advantage india has over china is labor cost.

India needs to import all the parts for assembly which will increase the cost of production while china produced all those components.

15 minutes ago, ManchamKodi said:

anna 2 jobs chestunna India ki velluthe 3 laptops tesukopovali. issue aitunda ?

I think no

21 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Mari emi leni degara jaggadu ae rule chesindu ante compinents teesukochi assemble cheyadam oka lekka na ?

Comparing Apple n Orange is joke 

11 minutes ago, futureofandhra said:

Comparing Apple n Orange is joke 

Joke start pettindi nuvve mari…

Tirupati la assembly plans, iphone and apple products assembly avutunte India la okka company kuda ledu annav…

Mari edi apple, edi orange ? 

Garbage tax thread lo tag chesa, response ledenti ?

32 minutes ago, Teluguredu said:

You need to have a strong supply chain for that like China does ,the only advantage india has over china is labor cost.

India needs to import all the parts for assembly which will increase the cost of production while china produced all those components.

Like I said, 20 years back it was hard than what it is now. PLI scheme teesukochindi deenikosame kada and I can see some initial success too…

India will start importing, then slowly making some of thise parts and then few more parts and may be 20-30 years down the road complete indigenous…anthe kani 100% parts India lo on the spot ante kudaradu kada…

We will have to start some where…g kinda oka gatti push kavali…

35 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Not really…twenty years back it was not so easy to assemble laptops in India but now things are more favorable…More infra is being added, massive facilities and quality power, finances etc anni vunayi ipudu….

Cell phones, iphones ae assemble chestunapudu laptop oka lekka na ? 

Which country are you talking about?

I lived in USA, UK and some EU nations. The infra they had for transport cannot be beaten by none except China.

There is good connectivity between major cities in India, I must say. But what about the rest?

VJA laanti cities loone power cuts vunnaayi..

Massive facilities anta - LOL - Jagan gaadi Bangalore Palace and Hyd Palace choosi aukuntunnaaveemo..

31 minutes ago, verrigadu said:

I lived in USA, UK and some EU nations. The infra they had for transport cannot be beaten by none except China.

There is good connectivity between major cities in India, I must say. But what about the rest?

Massive facilities anta - LOL - Jagan gaadi Bangalore Palace and Hyd Palace choosi aukuntunnaaveemo..

Foxconn facilities, Automobile manufacturing facilities, logistics parks, etc chuse matladutunava kaka ? Cargo is now moving at 2x speed than what it was a decade back. There is more demand for SEZ’s today than a decade back. Industrial power is now continuous and is on demand yet there are power cuts in various parts, rail infra and cargo is now moving at increased speed and capacity…

USA, UK, EU la nuv chusinavi was the result of continuous improvement's and funding for over decades or perhaps for a hundred years…India la jarugutunnadi is on going, we are building. More miles are being added to our road network, more and more cities are being connected, express ways means express ways where speed limit is 120…as much as it is eose where..!! 

We are building India at much faster pace today…okasari western comparision cheyakunda factual ga chusthe telustadi..

1 hour ago, verrigadu said:

Even with infra handicap there is a major difference in labor cost and labor laws in India and West.

Only problem is supply chain,we have to import components from China again.that will increase the costs ,we are at the mercy of China for manufacturing ,if they decide to import components at a cheaper rate to SEA countries,Bangladesh  which have similar labor costs as in india then there is no way manufacturing companies will choose india over these countries.

1 hour ago, Android_Halwa said:

Like I said, 20 years back it was hard than what it is now. PLI scheme teesukochindi deenikosame kada and I can see some initial success too…

India will start importing, then slowly making some of thise parts and then few more parts and may be 20-30 years down the road complete indigenous…anthe kani 100% parts India lo on the spot ante kudaradu kada…

We will have to start some where…g kinda oka gatti push kavali…

Only way is to suck upto china to get cheaper parts.or else they will help sea countries and Bangladesh .

2 minutes ago, Teluguredu said:

Only way is to suck upto china to get cheaper parts.or else they will help sea countries and Bangladesh .

Economies of scale and new economic spots will help India steer in new direction..

Bangladesh has cheapest labor but problem is stability…Bangla ruled out.