What time you go to bed? And your avg sleep hours?

BabuDEVUDU

I used to have a very unhealthy lifestyle until couple of years ago. Chala habits maximum change cheskunna (like stopped eating outside completely, hitting 12-15k steps daily, trying to eat clean etc) but sleeping early and trying to wake up early mathram avatledu. Sleeping habits somewhat improved compared to that of 2 years ago, but still I go to bed around 12:30 am or so, sometimes even at 1:30 am or after. But morning aithe 7 ki levali as work untadi kabatti. Makes me wonder what are your sleeping habits like at what time you usually sleep, what is your avg sleep duration, do you follow any bedtime routine before going to bed etc. I'm in my early 30s if that matter.

My avg time to bed is around 12:30 am 
Avg Sleep hours is around ~ 6 or 6.5

Please share your numbers if you are comfortable doing so, just to see the trend.

Note I know what I should be doing as well. It's one thing to know what to do, a whole another level to actually implement it. I was just curious to know what kinda sleep habits everyone has in general. 

I tried few things, some worked for me, some didn't. Things that worked for me are, right after waking up, going and walking in the sun light for about 30 minutes or so, drinking warm milk before bed, not using phones or laptops (some how they are worse than Tvs in my experience) and trying to just listen to some audio podcast without having to look at the screen before going to bed. Never tried Melatonin Tabs and don't wanna either. Perhaps you have the patience to type, may be also share the ones that worked for you.

My idea of ideal sleeping habits is sleeping around 9pm or so and waking up at 5am. Even if I try to skip a night so that I can go to bed next night early, some way I will eventually go back to my regular timings.

5 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

I used to have a very unhealthy lifestyle until couple of years ago. Chala habits maximum change cheskunna (like stopped eating outside completely, hitting 12-15k steps daily, trying to eat clean etc) but sleeping early and trying to wake up early mathram avatledu. Sleeping habits somewhat improved compared to that of 2 years ago, but still I go to bed around 12:30 am or so, sometimes even at 1:30 am or after. But morning aithe 7 ki levali as work untadi kabatti. Makes me wonder what are your sleeping habits like at what time you usually sleep, what is your avg sleep duration, do you follow any bedtime routine before going to bed etc. I'm in my early 30s if that matter.

My idea of ideal sleeping habits is sleeping around 9pm or so and waking up at 5am. Even if I try to skip a night so that I can go to bed next night early, some way I will eventually go back to my regular timings.

manaki basical ga circadium rhythm boddindhi becuase we have normalised the bad behaviour for so long. Danini set cheyalante konchem time padutundhi but can be done. Discipline is very imp you cannot skip this not even a day, if you do you will fallback to bad habits again.

take 3 mg or 5 mg melatonin( over the counter and can find them anywhere) around 7-8 and go to bed at 9, this will put you to sleep . you also need to take early and light dinner, then only you can get up early

7 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

first 21/90 rule anna. 

force yourself to wake up early in the morning, until you brain hard wires it. 
12:30 daka ante em chestav ?? screen or tv chusukunta vuntav anthe naa. 

ee time ki padukovaloo first decide chesi routine create chesukoo; TV badulu edanna book saduvu to get you to sleep. 

1 minute ago, praying said:

manaki basical ga circadium rhythm boddindhi becuase we have normalised the bad behaviour for so long. Danini set cheyalante konchem time padutundhi but can be done. Discipline is very imp you cannot skip this not even a day, if you do you will fallback to bad habits again.

take 3 mg or 5 mg melatonin( over the counter and can find them anywhere) around 7-8 and go to bed at 9, this will put you to sleep . you also need to take early and light dinner, then only you can get up early

Mind sharing your avg sleep hours and bed time?

7 minutes ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

Pellam pillalu vachaka proper sleep times emuntayanna..

Manaki bed meda place ee undadhu. kids kick in the nuts. Pellam occupy half bed. 

Edo oka moola andaru padukunnaka 3 or 4hrs random sleep time.

• Haha 2

Just now, lollilolli2020 said:

first 21/90 rule anna. 

force yourself to wake up early in the morning, until you brain hard wires it. 
12:30 daka ante em chestav ?? screen or tv chusukunta vuntav anthe naa. 

ee time ki padukovaloo first decide chesi routine create chesukoo; TV badulu edanna book saduvu to get you to sleep. 

ilage chadivutunte night 2 aindhi book close cheyadaniki...

Just now, BabuDEVUDU said:

Mind sharing your avg sleep hours and bed time?

Surprised Netflix Series GIF by Rana Naidu ila chesthe workout avtundhi ani cheppanu anthe... nenu chestunna ani cheppaledu.

but I did for few days and I relapsed... because I lack the descipline

Just now, praying said:

ilage chadivutunte night 2 aindhi book close cheyadaniki...

Book chadivithe nidra rakapothe something wrong with you. Caffeine or something else, hormonal related or health related. Do physical work in the day time. Get tired, then nidra thannukosthadi

1 minute ago, praying said:

emo anna; melatonin toh morning refreshing anipinchadu; 

TS should take help of it as a last resort; after all the existing methods have used up. 

Just now, praying said:

Surprised Netflix Series GIF by Rana Naidu ila chesthe workout avtundhi ani cheppanu anthe... nenu chestunna ani cheppaledu.

but I did for few days and I relapsed... because I lack the descipline

Yeah I know what I should be doing as well. It's one thing to know what to do, a whole another level to actually implement it. I was just curious to know what kinda sleep habits everyone has in general. 

Just now, lollilolli2020 said:

emo anna; melatonin toh morning refreshing anipinchadu; 

TS should take help of it as a last resort; after all the existing methods have used up. 

you have to wear it out with workout, lekapothe mind dull ga untadi.... tried a whole lot of other things, this is the only thing that has worked...