Opt And Visa Issue.need Info.

sirik

Hi guys,

I am presently on OPT which is expiring on Oct 2012 and my F1 visa is expiring in June 2012.

1) will there be any problem if I got to India and come back before June?

2) I am assuming that we can only apply for OPT ext. 90 days before initial opt expires.can I apply for OPT ext. with the expired F1 visa?

3) If not, when is the best time to apply for H1 visa?

Any other options for me to be in status.

Thanks in advance. S%Hi

1) june lo expire kabatti...feb lo ala vellu...min 3 mnths lekapothe prob antaru
2)visa tho sambandham ledhu...90 days mundhu apply sesukovachu...... nt sure
3)opt extn file sesi.next yr lo sesuko..

hmm u must have a valid visa while travelling back into the country. so try to come back like between 3-6 months ahead before the visa expires ..

so make sure you apply for extension of OPT as early as possible to avoid the risk of no valid visa on the passport.

may be you need to consult a lawyer before travelling to India and before filing the H1 B ..

kind of complexity involved in most cases with less visa validity period on the passport.

[quote name='vishwamithra' timestamp='1326542819' post='1301304834']
1) june lo expire kabatti...feb lo ala vellu...min 3 mnths lekapothe prob antaru
2)visa tho sambandham ledhu...90 days mundhu apply sesukovachu...... nt sure
3)opt extn file sesi.next yr lo sesuko..
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply S%Hi

[quote name='PMR aka OM' timestamp='1326543061' post='1301304847']
hmm u must have a valid visa while travelling back into the country. so try to come back like between 3-6 months ahead before the visa expires ..

so make sure you apply for extension of OPT as early as possible to avoid the risk of no valid visa on the passport.

may be you need to consult a lawyer before travelling to India and before filing the H1 B ..

kind of complexity involved in most cases with less visa validity period on the passport.
[/quote]

ante opt ext. ki 90 days(intial opt expire dateki S%Hi ) mundhu kuda apply cheyocha bhayya

[quote name='sirik' timestamp='1326543903' post='1301304929']

ante opt ext. ki 90 days(intial opt expire dateki S%Hi ) mundhu kuda apply cheyocha bhayya
[/quote]
yeah...90 to 120 days befpore u can apply...