Imp Info For Freshers,ba's,data Analysts And Modelers!

giza

Hi,

Here is the training agenda.Please do let me know should you need anything else.

Note: This training could be personal or you could also join the consultancy. But just making sure that no “STRINGS” are attached.
[b]Apart from training, interviews could also be taken for the positions, Data Analyst, Data Modeler, and Business Analyst[/b].
Firstly, the person who is providing this training is a contingent working in US and had been through the every phase of work life that any other consultant would go through. Hence this training will not be similar to any other training that is being provided in the market and your disapproval after reading what is provided below would be unfeasible. The one who had gone through what you will be or what you are going to is the only right person to learn from.
This training definitely covers all the smart skills that you require to sustain holding a mask of 5 or 7 years experience. The one who knows the problem can only find the solution and to find a smart one he has to think with a as many different perspectives he can. “The very brain that created the problem cannot find the solution too”. This is what you will be trained in these sessions to attain “[b]Having multiple perspectives in finding a solution for a given issue and scoring life in same ground with others of much experience through ADAPTABILITY”[/b].
Training would fall into following categories:
Ø [b]SMART WORK[/b]: what is it and how important is it to know this in order to get you off the hook. It deals with a few substantial things which you must know when you are trying to pretend to be someone with 5 or 7 years of experience. It just takes one conversation to make out if you are true or fake.
Ø [b]DATA ANALYSIS[/b]: what is it and how important is it to completely understand the concept of it. This part of the training will help you immensely in going through the transformation which an actual project goes through, which indeed helps you in having better understanding of expectations from you.
Ø [b]TERMINOLOGY & BUSINESS[/b]: As said before, it just takes one conversation to assess your capabilities and your “real time” experience. Learning these things would help you in placing yourself in on the same platform as you find the other full time or experienced analysts and modelers seem to be. Everyone who actually works knows how much of importance is catered to the business and domain knowledge.
Ø [b]POWER DESINGNER[/b]: Considering the fact that myself being a consultant in a huge financial organization, I will have a chance to share an actual model in power designer and can give you an insight of what it would be that you will have to deal with. This session deals with teaching some very very important short cuts and procedure to be used in power designer. Believe me, it would at least take 6-12 months for someone to come up with stuff like this on their own and you might also have a risk of losing your job if they find out what and what not you know in power designer.
Ø [b]SOURCE TO TARGET MAPPING[/b]: This would be your bread and butter if you’re a data analyst/modeler. Types of source to target mappings and how to deal with them and tools to be used while working with them is discussed in this session.
Ø [b]MODELLING CONCEPTS[/b]: Walkthrough over everything that you should know about modeling and its concepts. Dimensional modeling and how to perform[b] GAP analysis[/b] between different source systems. Firm concepts of [b]Data Warehousing[/b]. This covers everything that a modeler is expected to know of modeling concepts. Covers cardinalities, relationships etc..,.

Ø [b]EXCEL LOOKUPS AND PIVOT TABLES:[/b] I am sure most of you have not used ms excel until you have been to your first job. This will be the tool that you will be mostly working with and with aid of [b]VLOOK UP[/b] formulae you can make your job easier and using [b]PIVOT TABLES[/b] for status reports and business meetings would be greatly appreciated.
Ø [b]MISCELLANEOUS TASKS[/b]: other topics would include dealing with short cuts in [b]SQL[/b] querying and how to deal with something that you are stuck up with.
2) How to present and communicate your work when you are in a meeting or a huge platform. Believe me; hard work is always gone wasted if not being recognized.
3) How to deal with Health checks and never ending issues that are being sent from [b]ETL, DATASTAGE [/b]and[b] TESTING[/b] people.
4) Some useful information on types of data and [b]HISTORY SERIES DATA[/b] and ways to handle it.

I can see most of the people who were sacked off their first or even second projects wondering “why someone did not provide this kind of training when I was looking for a job!!!”

So, do not dare to miss this if you are a fresher or dealing with issues that were promised to be discussed in these training sessions.
Shoot a mail to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] and get registered.

thanks,
smartanalysts