Regarding F1 Visa

vellanki

Hi,

I have one quick question.

My F1 Visa is going to be expired by the end of July,2012. But I have OPT till Aug 2013.

I would like to go to India in this Dec.

Please let me know the chances of stamping(Extending my F1 Visa).

What are the chances if I go to Canada and get stamping done ?

Thanks.

U r on opt or opt extension? if ur visa is expired i think u can't get stamping done but not sure... lets see for some more reples... experienced ppl will give their advice.. search for previous post also u may find useful info...

visa is for only to enter into USA .As per my knowledge u will stay in status with ur OPT even if ur visa expires..but if u want to go to india means H1 is the option i think so ... Ya its beter to search previouss threads

I m on OPT extension right now. I know that we can stay here even visa expires. But the thing is I must have to go to india for my brother's marriage in Dec.

You have attend visa either Canada or India. There is a much chance of rejection as you are already graduated; Had completed enough Practical training (As you already in OPT Extn). Better to avoid trip to India; If you want to take a chance, you can but only 20 % of success rate as I forsee to get you visa stamped;

There is a high chance of potential immigrant chances; So they mostly reject you. Anyways it all depends on your luck.[b] I am not an Immigrant attorney. This is just my opinion; [/b]