Approved H1B To Opt Extension

member1986

This is about my issue. Please give me your valuable suggestions
My OPT extension and H1B process:

I am on F1 visa and my F1 visa ending in Dec/25/2013. My OPT extension is approved for next 17 months until Sep/28/2013 and my H1Bapproved until MAY/10/2014 . i have plan to go to India for my sister marriage after october so i dont want to go for stamping.

My Questions:
1) Is there any way i can withdraw my H1B petition with out effecting my F1 (OPT extension) status from current employer. I want to continue in OPT until next Sep/28/2013 and I want to file my H1B next year.My current employer is ready to withdraw his H1B petion.
2)if My Sevis shows i am in going to H1B from Oct/1/2012 due to change of status how to stop that change of status and continue in OPT Extension.
3)If i got the receipt of withdrawal of H1B processing and if its not withdrawned officially and not updated in SEVIS before Oct/1 st what are my options(Some times withdrawal process will take 3 to 4 months).If i cross the country before Oct/1 and come back before Oct/1st with new I94 will change my status back to OPT extension?

1: your employer can revoke your H-1B petition. Once he revoke your petition, you will fallback on OPT extn status as it was your original status;
2: Once your employer withdraw his H-1B petition, your Sevis will replicate your are on OPT Extn; Some times it may not automatically. You need to contact your international Advisor in turn she will contact USCIS to raise a ticket to change the status to OPT Extn. (This thing happend to me. so its my experience).
3: It won't take much time; Hardly weeks. If it automatically falls back, one day is good enough. otherwise, your international advisor has to contact USCIS and raise a ticket. This process may take 2 to 4 weeks.

Follow Rules.... Be safe. (I have gone through as you are, So I am just giving inputs from what I have learned).