Applied To Opt Extension Want To Travel India Urgent . Please Suggest.

normalman

I am planning to visit India ( Home Country ) during mid of October. But I got few queries regarding my work permit.

My current status is on F1 Visa ( Stamping valid till 2014 ) on work authorization EAD ( F1 OPT ) which is currently valid till Dec - 19 - 2012 . I applied for OPT STEM Extension (17 Months work permit) 20 days back and still in progress.

I am sure that I can renter into USA with current valid OPT card which is till DEC 19 - 2012.

I am concerned about the petition that was pending with DHS. Will there be any issues on the pending application.

can any one please suggest me. My company lawyer is on vacation and when he wil be back no one knows.

Thansk in Advance.

when are planning to to INDIA and come back.......if you come with this case in pending status and ur present OPT expiring on Dec 19th...then they will ask you why u came back while ur opt expiring on Dec 19th and they will ask you many questions about the same.....and it will be fine if you come back when u get ur extension approved that will be safe for u to enter........

better option is to go now and come back when u get ur extension approved..........

ATB....

I just spoke to my DSo regarding something relate dto this. He said as long as you have letter saying from your employer that STEM is in progress and client letter that would be fine for reentry.

Better you travel between Nov-Dec. once after you got OPT extension ask your friends to courier that to India and come back.