Depth Mongodb Devops (Dba + Development) Training Available

venki0568

Buddies,

I am a Sr. DBA having 9 years of depth experience on various relational (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle) and non-relational / NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) database platforms. I have been setup and implemented large mongo clusters in my current company with a great experience on production environment. I also recently completed Advanced Dev Ops Training from MongoDB (10 Gen) company. Now I am interested to share my knowledge with the people who are very much interested to learn and implement the MongoDB in their environments.

Here are the topics that I am planing to cover with hands on lab setup...

1. MongoDB Installation, configuration with various start up options on Windows, UNIX platforms

1. Going over database creation, capped collections, all DDL, DML and DCL operations

1. Index creation and index maintenance and index usage

2. implementing journaling, running mongo with authentication, security with role based management

3. creating a 3 node replica set & testing various replication configuration options

4. oplog size adjustment, troubleshooting replication issues

5. Setting up large sharded cluster with config server settings and shard key recommondations

6. Implementing MMS monitoring setup with various performance counters to tune mongodb

8. Hands on work on mongodump, mongoexport, mongoimport and mongorestore

7. Disaster recovery: recovery up to the minuite with backups & oplog restore

8. Looking at mongo statistics & long running queries with mongostat, mongotop and profiler

9. analyzing the profiler data for identifying bad queries and missing indexes which are causing heavy page faults

10. balancing the chunks in a sharded cluster with manual chunk split and move.

There may be many other topics that come across during the training.

Training will be 1 to 2 months with 1 hour during on every weekday (M-F) and 2-3 hour duration on every weekends (SAT & SUN).

I will provide depth mongoDB material which we got from 10Gen along with my scripts for automation.

The training fee will be approx $500 to $700 based on the number students who are interested to attend the training.

Please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] or contact me at 408-772-0262 if anyone is interested.

Thanks!
Venkat

• Upvote 1