Calling Db Ammayilu...

king420

ninna tandoori chicken recipe adigaru ga.....adi typing

There are three steps to making a delicious succulent tandoori chicken a la BRINING, MARINATION AND BAKING. Please note that I am not a big fan of food color with the exception of few dishes. If you prefer you can add some food color to the marinade mix. I chose to skip it.

BRINING

Ingredients:

• Chicken Leg Quarters - 4
  • Salt to taste
  • Chilli Powder – 4-6tsp

Preparation:

• Take some water in a bowl. Add some salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice and mix well.
  • Make slits across the thigh and drumstick. Slightly separate the drumstick from the thigh.
  • Suspend the chicken in the brining solution and let it sit aside for two hours. Make sure that you have enough brining solution so that the chicken is completely covered.  Brining the chicken will give it that extra flavor and also keeps the chicken from drying out.

MARINATION

While the chicken is brining, we will go ahead and prepare our marinade paste/mix

Ingredients:

• Red chilli powder – 4tsp
  • Yogurt – ½ cup
  • Salt to taste
  • Ginger garlic paste 1.5 tsp of combined paste or 1tsp of each if using separate paste.
  • Garam Masala – ½ tsp
  • Black pepper powder – a few pinches depending on your desired heat levels
  • White pepper powder – two pinches
  • Lemon juice – A few tsp depending on your desired level of tartness.
  • Lemon Zest(optional)

Preparation:

• Take a large mixing bowl and whisk the yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, garam-masala, lemon juice, black pepper powder and white pepper powder. Form a thick paste.
  • Take the chicken out of the brining solution and discard the brine.
  • Generously apply the marinade paste to the chicken. Make sure that you apply it inside the slits as well. This way the taste of masala will be injected into the meat.
  • Transfer the contents into a zip lock bag. Seal and refrigerate for atleast 4 hrs. 6 hrs is ideal. I don’t like to marinade overnight, as I feel that you loose the actual flavor of the chicken and you can only taste the masala.

TANDOORI

Preparation:

• Preheat oven to 4500.
  • Arrange the chicken on a roasting rack on a baking tray.
  • Place the chicken in the centre of the over and cook for 10 mins.
  • Enjoy a nice cold lager while this is cooking.
  • After 10 mins, turn the chicken over and cook for another 10 mins.
  • Turn the oven to broil mode.
  • Now move the chicken closer to the burner and cook for about 1-2 mintues each side. Finishing off the chicken in broil will give it that brown color and will give it that extra smokiness like you get when cooked in a proper tandoor.
  • Carefully remove the chicken from the oven. Let it sit for 5 mins. This will help the chicken to retain it juices and will keep it moist.

ENJOY WITH A PILSNER IN A FROSTED SHOE GLASS.

lager_digitalmink.jpg

marinade_digitalmink.jpg

frosted_glass_digitalmink.jpg

pilsner_digitalmink.jpg

tandoori_chicken_digitalmink.jpg

There are three steps to making a delicious succulent tandoori chicken a la BRINING, MARINATION AND BAKING. Please note that I am not a big fan of food color with the exception of few dishes. If you prefer you can add some food color to the marinade mix. I chose to skip it.

BRINING

Ingredients:

• Chicken Leg Quarters - 4
  • Salt to taste
  • Chilli Powder – 4-6tsp

Preparation:

• Take some water in a bowl. Add some salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice and mix well.
  • Make slits across the thigh and drumstick. Slightly separate the drumstick from the thigh.
  • Suspend the chicken in the brining solution and let it sit aside for two hours. Make sure that you have enough brining solution so that the chicken is completely covered.  Brining the chicken will give it that extra flavor and also keeps the chicken from drying out.

MARINATION

While the chicken is brining, we will go ahead and prepare our marinade paste/mix

Ingredients:

• Red chilli powder – 4tsp
  • Yogurt – ½ cup
  • Salt to taste
  • Ginger garlic paste 1.5 tsp of combined paste or 1tsp of each if using separate paste.
  • Garam Masala – ½ tsp
  • Black pepper powder – a few pinches depending on your desired heat levels
  • White pepper powder – two pinches
  • Lemon juice – A few tsp depending on your desired level of tartness.
  • Lemon Zest(optional)

Preparation:

• Take a large mixing bowl and whisk the yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, garam-masala, lemon juice, black pepper powder and white pepper powder. Form a thick paste.
  • Take the chicken out of the brining solution and discard the brine.
  • Generously apply the marinade paste to the chicken. Make sure that you apply it inside the slits as well. This way the taste of masala will be injected into the meat.
  • Transfer the contents into a zip lock bag. Seal and refrigerate for atleast 4 hrs. 6 hrs is ideal. I don’t like to marinade overnight, as I feel that you loose the actual flavor of the chicken and you can only taste the masala.

TANDOORI

Preparation:

• Preheat oven to 4500.
  • Arrange the chicken on a roasting rack on a baking tray.
  • Place the chicken in the centre of the over and cook for 10 mins.
  • Enjoy a nice cold lager while this is cooking.
  • After 10 mins, turn the chicken over and cook for another 10 mins.
  • Turn the oven to broil mode.
  • Now move the chicken closer to the burner and cook for about 1-2 mintues each side. Finishing off the chicken in broil will give it that brown color and will give it that extra smokiness like you get when cooked in a proper tandoor.
  • Carefully remove the chicken from the oven. Let it sit for 5 mins. This will help the chicken to retain it juices and will keep it moist.

ENJOY WITH A PILSNER IN A FROSTED SHOE GLASS.

lager_digitalmink.jpg

marinade_digitalmink.jpg

frosted_glass_digitalmink.jpg

pilsner_digitalmink.jpg

tandoori_chicken_digitalmink.jpg

GP Mink.....