If I Have H1B Visa, Can My Spouse Work In Usa

Rate this topic

Pa1kum

Hi all,

I am getting married soon and my spouse is in India. Can she work here in USA after she comes here if I have H1B? what if I am still on OPT? Can someone explain. How does recent amendments in US immigration law affects this.

wait for USCIS to come with clarity on the rule.. so far there is confusion on H4 EAD.. 

primary applicant should have 140 approved and complete 6 yrs is current expectation...but they might change to all H1B holders irrespective of 140..

Hi all,

I am getting married soon and my spouse is in India. Can she work here in USA after she comes here if I have H1B? what if I am still on OPT? Can someone explain. How does recent amendments in US immigration law affects this.

yes she can work after your first day of h1b... second day on wards she can work... third day you will be in the flight man...gallery_8818_14_67870.gif

Hi all,

so as far as I understand your case, you are studying right now... so you don't know about H1B... you don't know about Perm... You don't know about LCA.. you don't know about 140... where should I start man..??? so on the whole (not hole, whole) the idea is she cannot work unless you have EAD or unless you are L2 visa sponsored by company... the only other option is nothing man....gallery_8818_14_67870.gif

Hi all,

H4 Visa Holders EAD Eligibility 2014 Rules

Firstly, NOT all H4 visa holders are eligible for the Employment Authorization Document ( EAD).  H4 Visa holders have to fall under one of the below category to be eligible for EAD.

• Have an approved I-140.    or ( The I-140 refers to the Immigrant Petition for Alien work to get permanent residence – aka Green Card – in United states  )
  • Have been granted extension to authorized stay beyond 6 years under AC21 Act. ( The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 (AC21)  allows H1B visa holders seeking lawful permanent residence ( Green Card) to work and stay in United States beyond the six year limit, if their PERM/Green Card Processing is pending )