Dobts With Payroll

job_seeker

Bhayyalu naku oka doubt, please help me here,

I was on OPT when i got hired with WIRPO, they filed my H1 and which got rejected due to WIPRO negligence, after my H1b got rejected I stopped working for client, and waited for WIPRO's response, when ever i tried to contact they used to tell certain HR will contact me and i have to relocate to india and I was ok with it. after waiting for 35-40 days i decided this is not going to work and got enrolled into a university here for second master. and later sent a resignation mail to wipro on december 5th. I now recieve a mail saying I owe wipro some 1500$ since they ran my payroll untill dec even though they have not paid me anything after october 1st.

Now

1. can i just tell them that i wont pay or will they report to my credit.

2. can i hire an attorney and file a case as they have not responded properly and instead they are harassing me ?

please suggest

Bhayyalu naku oka doubt, please help me here,

I was on OPT when i got hired with WIRPO, they filed my H1 and which got rejected due to WIPRO negligence, after my H1b got rejected I stopped working for client, and waited for WIPRO's response, when ever i tried to contact they used to tell certain HR will contact me and i have to relocate to india and I was ok with it. after waiting for 35-40 days i decided this is not going to work and got enrolled into a university here for second master. and later sent a resignation mail to wipro on december 5th. I now recieve a mail saying I owe wipro some 1500$ since they ran my payroll untill dec even though they have not paid me anything after october 1st.

Now

1. can i just tell them that i wont pay or will they report to my credit.

2. can i hire an attorney and file a case as they have not responded properly and instead they are harassing me ?

please suggest

Go with number 2, Proceed legally.