what so great about Ambedkar??

maverick23

4 hours ago, griffins said:

If I am allowed to summarize the discussion what I would conclude is that hanging on to generations old reasons to promote discrimation towards a community or communities is not fair.

In this country, men and communities have faced discrimated in education, employment, housing, and basic necessities of life but then people of THAT community fought for equality and justice not for reservations. 

Eventhough as of today the society in the subcontinent is not a balanced one where a particular community looks down on another, this should not have an effect on kids who have dreams to go to schools they deserve and graduates who want to put food on the table for their families by doing jobs that they are qualified for. 

What has happened has happened, we could not change that. Atleast from now, let's think about our future generations in the subcontinent. We are a land of most number and percentage of youth. But soon we won't be. So think about whatever we do now should give free and fair lives to our children and their children's children. 

+1

1 hour ago, mastercheif said:

if education is free (upto intermediate) with good quality like in US then i think problem solve avacchu.

until then kottuko savandi

+2

1 hour ago, soulmate said:

you seem to have no idea about what happened back then.

aa time lo dalits ni schools, temples markets ekadiki raaniche vallu kaadu. I dont know if you are aware of that.

aa time lo kooda after facing all the atrocities he never gave up on studying.. he achieved his goals with his dedication and finally was appointed as Indias law minister and was invited to draft constitution of India.

His Guru was a brahmin, i dont think without his help he would have achieved his goals.. 

Reservations were needed at that time for dalits. Ambedkar also knew that this is only going to be temporary so he put time limit on the reservations..

according to him reservations eppdo expire aipoyaayi.. mana politicians vote bank kosam extend chestu vacheru.

he cant foresee thousands of years ahead and write the law. it has to keep changing over time. its we who did not adapt to the changing world.

and even now i dont think reservations are helping the dalits who are really in low economic conditions.. reservation vadukunna vaalla pillale malli reservation vadukuntunnaru.. colleges lo manam chose vaallu vaalle. they are already in a good economic condition. they dont need reservation.. its governments fault to allow this. they are the ones who are playing vote bank politics. 

kaani actual dalits living in ver low conditions vaalu alaane untunnaru. reservations should help them get a job and by that they will help their children to go to school and study. and these kids should not be allowed to use reservation.

people are aware now. I have BC reservation but i decided to take away that from my certificates and also will raise my kids as OC. I also convinced my brother to give up reservation before eamcet. I do have a dalit friend who got eamcet state rank and also good rank in groups and now some collector all without reservation because his parents also raised their kids without reservation.

so this awareness has to spread. we already have some laws like reservations cannot be used by creamy layer. but they dont come into practice because of people who we elect. it is our mistake. reservations were meant to bring equality.  its just a way to help them rebuild themselves after facing all the atrocities.

it was necessary then. it is not now. and it is out fault that this is being continued until this day.

antha mundu chuupu vunna mahanubaavudey ayithey kanuka aslu ade constitution lo no more extensions of this reservations and no more amendments to this reservations anedi kuuda petti chaavalsindi ..ippudu chudandi politician ki nachhithey oka bill ki changes chesi or same di extensions... vallaki nachhakapothey teesi dobbutaru...nachhithey talupulu ki taalalu vesi pass chestaru..Ambedkar ki mundu chuuupu ledu..

2 hours ago, soulmate said:

you seem to have no idea about what happened back then.

aa time lo dalits ni schools, temples markets ekadiki raaniche vallu kaadu. I dont know if you are aware of that.

aa time lo kooda after facing all the atrocities he never gave up on studying.. he achieved his goals with his dedication and finally was appointed as Indias law minister and was invited to draft constitution of India.

His Guru was a brahmin, i dont think without his help he would have achieved his goals.. 

Reservations were needed at that time for dalits. Ambedkar also knew that this is only going to be temporary so he put time limit on the reservations..

according to him reservations eppdo expire aipoyaayi.. mana politicians vote bank kosam extend chestu vacheru.

he cant foresee thousands of years ahead and write the law. it has to keep changing over time. its we who did not adapt to the changing world.

and even now i dont think reservations are helping the dalits who are really in low economic conditions.. reservation vadukunna vaalla pillale malli reservation vadukuntunnaru.. colleges lo manam chose vaallu vaalle. they are already in a good economic condition. they dont need reservation.. its governments fault to allow this. they are the ones who are playing vote bank politics. 

kaani actual dalits living in ver low conditions vaalu alaane untunnaru. reservations should help them get a job and by that they will help their children to go to school and study. and these kids should not be allowed to use reservation.

people are aware now. I have BC reservation but i decided to take away that from my certificates and also will raise my kids as OC. I also convinced my brother to give up reservation before eamcet. I do have a dalit friend who got eamcet state rank and also good rank in groups and now some collector all without reservation because his parents also raised their kids without reservation.

so this awareness has to spread. we already have some laws like reservations cannot be used by creamy layer. but they dont come into practice because of people who we elect. it is our mistake. reservations were meant to bring equality.  its just a way to help them rebuild themselves after facing all the atrocities.

it was necessary then. it is not now. and it is out fault that this is being continued until this day.

nee lane andaru alochistey ee topic vundedi kademo rservations meeda..Good going

13 minutes ago, Janamejayudu said:

antha mundu chuupu vunna mahanubaavudey ayithey kanuka aslu ade constitution lo no more extensions of this reservations and no more amendments to this reservations anedi kuuda petti chaavalsindi ..ippudu chudandi politician ki nachhithey oka bill ki changes chesi or same di extensions... vallaki nachhakapothey teesi dobbutaru...nachhithey talupulu ki taalalu vesi pass chestaru..Ambedkar ki mundu chuuupu ledu..

ardham kaledu... reservations pettedu. adhi temporary ani kooda pettedu.. inka malli inko rule pettaala deenini maarchakoodadu ani, that does not make sense at all.,, anni years tarvaata elaa untaddo apudu elaa guess chestaaru.. it should have been changed depending on how present conditions are. but it did not due to the reasons we know.

mana politicians inta daridram ga tayaaravtaaru ani guess cheylaru kada... and moreover its even hard to guess in how many years in near future everything will change and on what rate they will change. what he did was right then.. what we are doing now is not right.

as long as we keep blaming others we will not change and we will continue like this blaming someone. only when we realize that we are not dright we will change and things will change only after we do.

4 hours ago, micxas said:

Merentha mottukkuna forgot abt dalits, obc reservations kooda theeyaru..

Ninnane nitish Kumar made statement that we should amend the supreme court statment which restricts reservations to 50%..

He further said  private sector needs to have reservations as they are benifitting from govt. subsdies and parliament should introduce a law to include Muslims and  Christians in reserved category...@3$%

well said. reservations is the reality. no point crying about it.

about your other question. creamy layer for SC/ST is a good idea worth trying. But, but, SC/ST seats that may lie vacant after the poorest among them availed it, cannot be given to OCs. It defeats the purpose of reservations.

So it should go another SC/ST even though he/she is rich.

Society is a complex system, and requires complex solutions to keep balance. neither blanket reservations, nor the silly idea of 'merit' will do it any good.

Discussing Ambedkar is pointless. This is 2016.

where's the caste census data. Ask your BJP govt. to release it. Let everyone see which castes are doing how well.

May be people will change their mind about reservations then. BJP is probably too scared to release it.

3 hours ago, Idassamed said:

OC lu adukku thinala, ilanti LK lu unnaduke janalu US/UK velli settle ayyedi.

Private sectors lo introduce chestam ante mass migrations avvochu... :3D_Smiles_38:congress or third front vaste ayye chance vundhi, BJP will never do it... they are also against religion based reservations  

3 minutes ago, micxas said:

Private sectors lo introduce chestam ante mass migrations avvochu... :3D_Smiles_38:congress or third front vaste ayye chance vundhi, BJP will never do it... they are also against religion based reservations  

Private sector lo ela implement chesthaaru? vaadedho vaaguthunnadu.

already labour issue ani motthukuntunnaru. But it exists only in industrially developed states like MH, TN, Har.

They can have reservation quotas for companies that bid on govt. projects. 

That's as far as state can poke its nose into private sector's affairs. private sector reservation is simply not feasible. Governance in India is not that sophisticated. 

20 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

well said. reservations is the reality. no point crying about it.

about your other question. creamy layer for SC/ST is a good idea worth trying. But, but, SC/ST seats that may lie vacant after the poorest among them availed it, cannot be given to OCs. It defeats the purpose of reservations.

So it should go another SC/ST even though he/she is rich.

Society is a complex system, and requires complex solutions to keep balance. neither blanket reservations, nor the silly idea of 'merit' will do it any good.

hmmm.. how about adding them to general category not to OCs... why SC, ST, BC rich class  still need reservations when they are socially recognized and pay for their education?,  I think a lot of reasonable people from OC are getting frustrated due to this..

But the problem is implementation, there is a fair  amount of  chance that most deserving people losing the benefits because they may not be able to prove  that they are not come under creamy layer.  It's complicated.. :3D_Smiles_38:

1 minute ago, micxas said:

hmmm.. how about adding them to general category not to OCs... why SC, ST, BC rich class  still need reservations when they are socially recognized and pay for their education?,  I think a lot of reasonable people from OC are getting frustrated due to this..

But the problem is implementations, there is a fair  chance of most deserving people losing the benefits because they may not able to prove  that they are not come under creamy layer.  It's complicated.. :3D_Smiles_38:

It doesn't work that way, brother. What if there's no SC/ST poor guys to fill seats? Will they be offered in the General Quota?

lot of reasonable people from OC are frustrated because they can't see the entire picture. Reservations are not even implemented properly across the sector. I posted a research paper which gives data on it some time back.

You can't change/create policies based on what people 'feel'. Reservations exist so every section of society is represented. The country, its resources, belongs to all. Not just to the kings and queens who pay taxes. So there must be SC/ST representation at the cost of poor OC kids. OC guys are already more than well represented.

Reservation policies can be tweaked, may be to give advantage to guys who study in a medium other than English upto high school, the kind of schools they study. There's not enough data, nor is anyone interested to study on how to identify the right and fair criteria for reservations.

The upper caste people are busy feeling like they are the victim. Its pathetic. They have so much power (as a group), and all they do is whine and whine.

17 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Private sector lo ela implement chesthaaru? vaadedho vaaguthunnadu.

already labour issue ani motthukuntunnaru. But it exists only in industrially developed states like MH, TN, Har.

They can have reservation quotas for companies that bid on govt. projects. 

That's as far as state can poke its nose into private sector's affairs. private sector reservation is simply not feasible. Governance in India is not that sophisticated. 

Private sector reservations are not possible on all the levels.. beside govt. projects they can introduce them in service sector like IT @3$%

5 hours ago, micxas said:

Merentha mottukkuna forgot abt dalits, obc reservations kooda theeyaru..

Ninnane nitish Kumar made statement that we should amend the supreme court statment which restricts reservations to 50%..

He further said  private sector needs to have reservations as they are benifitting from govt. subsdies and parliament should introduce a law to include Muslims and  Christians in reserved category...@3$%

volesale mottham nakio PK-14.gif?1337109117thu